UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I have been doing a lot of manga purchases of certain series that has a low print run or something or certain volumes that is nearly sold out such as:
Magika Summoner (got all volumes now but volumes 5 and 11 were the hardest to find but managed to get them at a low price)

Omamori Himari (got the remaining volumes I needed from a unexpected source: Oxfam)

Ranma 1/2 2 in 1 volume 1: this one I bought recently but my last copy has a printing error where the 1st chapter has been printed again instead of final chapter of volume. Now got a correct copy. This volume is kinda hard to find w/o high prices.
I've been there with that before. Trying to find a series when you realise it's gone into low print status is a real pain. Took a year to find the one missing Steins Gate volume I needed, and am currently working on other ones that I think are starting to go into low print territory.

New Wordery 15% deal, slightly different to the May one, I think:
15% OFF EVERY OTHER ITEM when you buy 4 books or more: CODE: JUNE15

Not sure how long it's on for as not mentioned on their deal page:
Oh nice, I can't wait to search for some more manga to acquir-

unknown.png

pfmnBiCl.png

Personally, I have very mixed feelings on Maid-sama.

The show makes a big point about its MC being a strong, independent woman who don't need no man, only for her to spend most of the show getting herself into situations where she is literally rescued by a man. Said man, when you look at his actions objectively, is also an incredibly creepy, borderline sex-pest who only gets away with his actions and is tolerated because he is very hot. There's a strong streak of misogyny running through the whole thing that I found hard to overlook, and I'm normally not one who picks up on those sorts of issues unless it's incredibly obvious.

On the other hand, when the plot isn't in gear, and the show is just doing more slice-of-lifey stuff, I generally found it cute, funny and pretty endearing.

So, uhh.... [shrug emoji]

I see its got pretty decent ratings on MAL and shoujo tag

Worth a watch?
To be honest it is the only anime I've ever dropped. Like @Joe said you watch a strong independent woman get manipulated into an abusive codependent relationship with an absolutely awful guy. But it's ok because this is a rom com so cheer for them.

I'm fine with shows dealing with difficult topics but the context has to be there and here it isnt.
I got 2/3s of the way through because I'd already bought it but in the end I just couldnt take it anymore.

Not a Anime Blu-ray/DVD sale but I know this box set is highly sought for. Leaving the link here for the fellow comrades.

*For OOP updates. Check my new thread.

Note: New Seller.
LAST ONE LEFT! (Best Offer available)

United Publications have often priced their AL titles around the same range as the early birds, so here's some examples if you missed out on the EBs:
  • The Future Diary (CE Blu-ray) - £32.99 + P&P
  • Love Live! School Idol Movie (CE Blu-ray) - £19.24 + P&P
  • Penguindrum (CE Blu-ray) - £38.49 + P&P
  • PSYCHO-PASS: Sinners of the System (CE Blu-ray) - £32.99 + P&P
  • Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll (CE Blu-ray) - £24.74 + P&P

If you're looking for Ghibli movies steelbooks, Zavvi has quite a few as part of their Monster Deals - Steelbook Clearance section. Prices from £14.99.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-124229_Zavvi.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611-124229_Zavvi.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210611-124429_Zavvi.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611-124429_Zavvi.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 17
Back