UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Amazon have a bizarre tendency sometimes to pack pretty expensive items in little to no packaging whilst cheaper items get the full box and packing paper treatment. It’s often pot luck for me at least.
Well they’ve dispatched it, apparently it’s coming Wednesday.

Amazon UK and US still have their mini sales from the Black Friday & Cyber Monday season

UK has the 20% off select stuff which is hit or miss
US has a whole bunch of Funimation titles, including Essentials and older Anime Classics

Also Garden of Sinners Blu-ray collection is now £90 on Amazon UK, back to the original price range from months back. And Monogatari Second Season is still £84.99 (if you don't want to pay upfront at MVM's store just yet).

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Amazon have got a get £5 off when you spend 25 promo. Eligible Amazon customers who, after being invited by Amazon by email or banner on Amazon.co.uk and who have visited the landing page £5-promo-code @ Amazon.co.uk where the offer is explained, and can see the Terms & Conditions of the offer, will benefit from a £5 promotional code to redeem against a qualifying purchase of at least £25 on or before 17 December 2019 on Amazon.co.uk (the "Offer").

Rightstuf Holiday Sale started. Seems to be the same setup as last year, new titles will be added on a weekly basis, and as last year the prices from those in the sale the week before will slightly be higher (strange hah for a sale :rolleyes: ).

Either way, checked some titles, and sure enough prices compared to last year are about 1$ or 2$ higher than in 2018, certainly for FUNimation titles. Some Sentai titles are then again cheaper than last year.

Rightstuf Holiday Sale started. Seems to be the same setup as last year, new titles will be added on a weekly basis, and as last year the prices from those in the sale the week before will slightly be higher (strange hah for a sale :rolleyes: ).

Either way, checked some titles, and sure enough prices compared to last year are about 1$ or 2$ higher than in 2018, certainly for FUNimation titles. Some Sentai titles are then again cheaper than last year.
Picked up Dunbine yesterday, pity the shipping cost have gone up significantly to Ireland.

Hmm a couple of Sentai titles that I didn’t get in the BF sale recently, will have to see how December pans out financially.

Same for me HWR, especially since UP1 shipped out a package last week with some Aniplex titles (read expensive :D ) and also Bloom Into You Premium Edition, so that made a big round hole in my budget.
Also interested in some Sentai titles which I don't have yet.

Was lucky today as a package shipped from Rightstuf of $40 through Fedex, which was the cheaper option compared to their regular shipping, got through without any custom charges. From time to time I get lucky :)

Well my luck last just half an hour, because after delivery I got an SMS from Fedex with the custom charges ... oh well classified under Rightstuf = custom charges

Well my luck last just half an hour, because after delivery I got an SMS from Fedex with the custom charges ... oh well classified under Rightstuf = custom charges
Yeah sometimes they send those after delivery, sometimes beforehand. My recent Rightstuf order had the fee email come the same day as delivery so I paid it before it even arrived.

Some Amazon stuff for those interested. A few price tweaks or ICYMI:
  • Code Geass; Lelouch of the Rebellion I: Initiation (CE Blu-ray) - £21.39
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion II: Transgression (CE Blu-ray) - £21.99
  • Fireworks (CE Blu-ray & DVD) - £17.94
  • The Garden of Sinners (LE Blu-ray) - £90.00
  • Giovanni's Island (UE Blu-ray & DVD) - £10.74
  • HAL (CE Blu-ray & DVD) - £11.29
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Back