UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

All I was saying was licensing restrictions is a fact of the industry but people don't give a ****. AL used that as an excuse as many times and people accept it so it is ******* relevant. People are ragging on MVM for doing a not a bad CE price considering the standard prices but because Sentai can release a complete collection because they recouped costs its not comparable to compare sentais release to MVMs. Compare the individual series releases first because MVM are recouping their costs. And it sounds like it wasn't cheap.

And all I was telling you was that licencing restrictions do not matter, if you don't like an end product do not buy it. I don't know how this fact isn't abundantly clear to you. It doesn't matter who is releasing it, MVM, AL, Manga, whoever, you should only buy it if you like it. I don't know if it's true or not, but say hypothetically that Geass release artwork that you love banging on about being such a massive disgrace was all AL had to work with, would you now run out and buy it? No, of course you wouldn't. I don't know why you expect other people to do the same here. I'd also point out that I never once brought up the pricing on MVM's release, or compared it to Sentai's at all, you're totally bringing out a massive strawman right now, and that is a bad way to win an argument. No one is comparing anything but the prices for both products, right at this moment, and value for money, the US import wins hands down, any day.

That is not quite accurate though, is it? I dislike doc's attitude more than most a lot of the time, but he's right on this one. You all look for any and every reason not to support MVM. Hypocrites.

Since when was wanting to save £40 a poor reason for importing please? Just because you can justify wasting unfathomable amounts of money doesn't mean everyone else has the same luxury. Get some perspective.

I can't really see why this is escalating?
I can see your points but it feels like this wasn't much of an issue.
How many people are actually going to import? And why not its there choice.
Its a bargain page, and I very grateful for the posts.
On designs on boxes, It's all down to preferences I suppose, I love hearing different opinions, but instead of saying its crap, I would rather know why you dislike it.

Because I get slated for importing all the ******* time.
And I had enough people slagging me off then getting away with it when they do it.
As I do agree it matter of preference but I get railed on all the time.

Art is very much subjective as well When they Cry is not a good looking series, people watch it for the story. Expecting a good looking box it a stretch, especially when the Japan limits when art can be used.

I'd also say the MVM box is very much in keeping with the style of box sets from the when the show was made. In fact it was used for an older DVD set sometime ago.

From what I remember you get charged in dollars when ordering from UP1 USA, so it’s worth checking your bank as to whether they charge any fees for paying in dollars.
Or use a Revolut or other FX card. Revolut charge the live interbank rate, which is usually a couple of cent better than what the banks charge, and there are no fees on transactions.

Or use a Revolut or other FX card. Revolut charge the live interbank rate, which is usually a couple of cent better than what the banks charge, and there are no fees on transactions.
Hadn’t thought to do that. I’m sticking with their UK site for my K-On! PE Pre-order.

I have gotten some cheap Blu-rays (standard editions) from them before, they used poly mailer bags for those. I haven't had a bad experience with the seller so far.

Back