UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

So why I have been lectured many times.
All my point was people asked so much for MVM To get it and get it they did and I’ve seen no purchases on here yet all I said was it’s concerning especially as it seems to be hard for MVM to license.

So why I have been lectured many times.

tenor.gif

Not to play devil's advocate, but why are so suddenly so anti-import when you do it all the time? It seems you're the wrong person to be scolding people for this.

Problem is MVM can't complete with Amazon when it comes to discounting titles. I don't blame people for buying the cheaper version but at the same time they have no right to complaint when MVM/Manga/AL don't pick up titles either due to importers or the lack of interest from UK customers.

Because this title seemed hard for MVM to get and I don’t hate UK Companies and MVM has a CE so it’s the best release in English speaking countries (as Germany’s probably is better)

Unless there is a cast iron reason for me to import I avoid it. I recently order Overlord season 2 CE as there's no chance of us getting it in the UK. I also prefer to support UK companies where possible.

Because this title seemed hard for MVM to get and I don’t hate UK Companies and MVM has a CE so it’s the best release in the West

Best release in the west really comes down to if you want to pay more than double the current sale price for a rather gaudy looking box. Anyway, I still stand by people having no obligation to support a business. MVM's business decisions rest on them and them alone. If they can't keep their own business afloat, then that's on them, you shouldn't be guilted into spending £80 when you could be spending £30 odd, that's just silly.

I usually order AoA due to discs being different most of the time or stuff which UK releases haven’t been announced which is why I waited for Scums wish as I had a feeling MVM would get it

Best release in the west really comes down to if you want to pay more than double the current sale price for a rather gaudy looking box. Anyway, I still stand by people having no obligation to support a business. MVM's business decisions rest on them and them alone. If they can't keep their own business afloat, then that's on them, you shouldn't be guilted into spending £80 when you could be spending £30 odd, that's just silly.
You may have no obligation to support a business but surely the UK market would be poorer if any of the UK anime companies went under. It's a no win situation really, buyers have choice and obviously will buy the cheaper set but when it starts to become the norm then it becomes a problem. The only real winners here are Amazon

And now people moaning about boxes when ALs entire business model is nice boxes and people jump up and down. As I got slated for disliking and not buying Geass

Yet here you are slating people for being disinterested in this box and opting for MVM's. You should probably pick a stance and stick to it. As for the box, I know it's down to preference, but that When They Cry box is ugly and very unappealing. I've not seen many people who are a fan. A bright pink box with fan service pictures of cat girls doesn't exactly suit a horror series.

For what it’s worth this is the first time I’ve imported over choosing MVM’s equivalent release. I am still planning on buying a few of their other upcoming CEs such as NGNL0 and Made in Abyss (the former I should get around to pre-ordering at some point.)

I like their releases and appreciate what they do, this is just an instance wherein importing worked out better for me. No personal attack on MVM as a business-they’ll still be getting my support for their other upcoming titles.

Yet here you are slating people for being disinterested in this box and opting for MVM's. You should probably pick a stance and stick to it. As for the box, I know it's down to preference, but that When They Cry box is ugly and very unappealing. I've not seen many people who are a fan. A bright pink box with fan service pictures of cat girls doesn't exactly suit a horror series.
And they had a good reason it was the only material available. ALs **** box for Geass which was just the main two key arts went down a storm

And they had a good reason it was the only material available. ALs **** box for Geass which was just the main two key arts went down a storm

You are literally the only person complaining about their Geass box. Everyone else I've seen is perfectly content with the artwork used. It doesn't matter if that's all MVM could get either, if it's ugly, it's ugly, and therefore has no value, and is just more incentive to pick up the cheaper release.

It was a lazy cash grab and its not a CE in my eyes the art cards are the worst art cards I've ever seen in my life. As Wow I look at art cards because why I would I buy it otherwise. All it was all ALs promo art and the BD cover no extra material i aint paying £20 for that.
All I'm saying is the double standards towards MVM then AL is kinda funny

It was a lazy cash grab and its not a CE in my eyes the art cards are the worst art cards I've ever seen in my life. As Wow I look at art cards because why I would I buy it otherwise. All it was all ALs promo art and the BD cover no extra material i aint paying £20 for that.
All I'm saying is the double standards towards MVM then AL is kinda funny

What double standards? You're being ridiculous. First of all, no amount of hyperbole is going to make your point sound any more convincing, and second of all, AL's Code Geass release is almost totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I know you love any excuse to rag on an AL release, but here is neither the time nor place. MVM put out a release with an ugly looking art box, what AL do or release does not matter here, that's the end of it.

What double standards? You're being ridiculous. First of all, no amount of hyperbole is going to make your point sound any more convincing, and second of all, AL's Code Geass release is almost totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I know you love any excuse to rag on an AL release, but here is neither the time nor place. MVM put out a release with an ugly looking art box, what AL do or release does not matter here, that's the end of it.
All I was saying was licensing restrictions is a fact of the industry but people don't give a ****. AL used that as an excuse as many times and people accept it so it is ******* relevant. People are ragging on MVM for doing a not a bad CE price considering the standard prices but because Sentai can release a complete collection because they recouped costs its not comparable to compare sentais release to MVMs. Compare the individual series releases first because MVM are recouping their costs. And it sounds like it wasn't cheap.

I know you love any excuse to rag on an AL release, but here is neither the time nor place. MVM put out a release with an ugly looking art box, what AL do or release does not matter here, that's the end of it.
That is not quite accurate though, is it? I dislike doc's attitude more than most a lot of the time, but he's right on this one. You all look for any and every reason not to support MVM. Hypocrites.

I’m supporting MVM here because they tried to make a Ce on their own they usually copy other regions so this good for them. And it is even if the box is gaudy better than Sentai’s sets I’ve ever seen the show but want to. Everyone was thinking it would get banned by the bbfc so it is ballsy for them to license and I admire it it’s the same I got ALs Hyouka even though I own the US. It’s better than the US set just.

Back