UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Amazon themselves have no way to tell what discs are inside other than opening the product, which they won't do.

You could try for a refund, and get them to let you keep the product, but its your choice how you deal with CS. They might tell you to return the product

I was very polite last time and explained that the cost of tracked shipping to the U.S. would be expensive, so they offered a replacement without a return (very good of them). I don't want to push my luck, but at the same time if they promised corrected discs it's worth a try?

I was very polite last time and explained that the cost of tracked shipping to the U.S. would be expensive, so they offered a replacement without a return (very good of them). I don't want to push my luck, but at the same time if they promised corrected discs it's worth a try?
I contacted CS as my replacement had the mono discs as well, couldn't get a full refund from them without returning the replacement, but they gave me a $10 promotional credit.

What's the state of that release with regard to glitches? I know there were issues with the Blu Ray edition, but I can't recall if there's anything up with the DVDs as well.
No, it was Blu-ray specific. They sent out DVD copies as replacements.

What's the state of that release with regard to glitches? I know there were issues with the Blu Ray edition, but I can't recall if there's anything up with the DVDs as well.

On Disc 2 Part 2, some 47:02 minutes in, there’s a visual glitch, five consecutive frames of pixellation.

Last edited:
No, it was Blu-ray specific. They sent out DVD copies as replacements.

Just checked this in the 'Defective discs' thread. There's apparently a noticeable instance of pixellation on the DVD as well in the second collection set. Not sure if this will have been fixed for the complete collection.

Just checked this in the 'Defective discs' thread. There's apparently a noticeable instance of pixellation on the DVD as well in the second collection set. Not sure if this will have been fixed for the complete collection.
I assumed you were referencing the issue where the Blu-ray wouldn't load, which MVM did send out DVD replacements instead.

When DVDs run at 24fps, 5 frames is going to be a fraction of a second. Seems silly to avoid a release over such a minute glitch.

I'd be inclined to agree, however... stuff like this REALLY bothers me. It's one of my buttons. A big, shiny red one marked 'press this to watch HdE go into nuclear meltdown.'

I wonder if I can get this for 55p or something :p

28ef42680e4363e428684f5c703d5cda9f1d4958a37af18a2f466fb128f6f139.jpg

I'm really tempted by the complete 'From the New World' collection, but at the same time, although I loved watching it the first time around I'm not sure if it's something that I'd ever re-watch. (And I really prefer the artwork for the separate part releases too...)

(Or maybe this will end up like the Haibane Renmei deal where I convince myself I don't want it until 2 minutes before the new deal of the week goes up)

Back