UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
Appreciate Ass Class, bf pre-ordered it at Amazon for £44.99 as part of my b'day so this saves him a tenner and my guilt at having him spend money on me (odd, yeah..I know haha)

Tempted by Noragami but I have Belladonna & Anthem of the Heart coming out later this month ..arghhhh.

Jaysgba

Death Scythe
Appreciate Ass Class, bf pre-ordered it at Amazon for £44.99 as part of my b'day so this saves him a tenner and my guilt at having him spend money on me (odd, yeah..I know haha)

Tempted by Noragami but I have Belladonna & Anthem of the Heart coming out later this month ..arghhhh.
Anthem of the Heart is more important than Noragami. I trust you're choosing the Zavvi version?

PilibO

School Idol
Received my second copy of Code Geass which unfortunately has the old discs. I was told that the replacement would be "the correct discs". Do you think it would be too cheeky to ask for a refund/replacement? (I'm not sure they have any copies with the corrected discs)

Lambadelta

Cardcaptor
Received my second copy of Code Geass which unfortunately has the old discs. I was told that the replacement would be "the correct discs". Do you think it would be too cheeky to ask for a refund/replacement? (I'm not sure they have any copies with the corrected discs)
Amazon themselves have no way to tell what discs are inside other than opening the product, which they won't do.

You could try for a refund, and get them to let you keep the product, but its your choice how you deal with CS. They might tell you to return the product

PilibO

School Idol
Amazon themselves have no way to tell what discs are inside other than opening the product, which they won't do.

You could try for a refund, and get them to let you keep the product, but its your choice how you deal with CS. They might tell you to return the product
I was very polite last time and explained that the cost of tracked shipping to the U.S. would be expensive, so they offered a replacement without a return (very good of them). I don't want to push my luck, but at the same time if they promised corrected discs it's worth a try?

Jaysgba

Death Scythe
I was very polite last time and explained that the cost of tracked shipping to the U.S. would be expensive, so they offered a replacement without a return (very good of them). I don't want to push my luck, but at the same time if they promised corrected discs it's worth a try?
I contacted CS as my replacement had the mono discs as well, couldn't get a full refund from them without returning the replacement, but they gave me a $10 promotional credit.

Buzz201

Mad Scientist
What's the state of that release with regard to glitches? I know there were issues with the Blu Ray edition, but I can't recall if there's anything up with the DVDs as well.
No, it was Blu-ray specific. They sent out DVD copies as replacements.

What's the state of that release with regard to glitches? I know there were issues with the Blu Ray edition, but I can't recall if there's anything up with the DVDs as well.
On Disc 2 Part 2, some 47:02 minutes in, there’s a visual glitch, five consecutive frames of pixellation.

Last edited:

HdE

Comic Book Guy
No, it was Blu-ray specific. They sent out DVD copies as replacements.
Just checked this in the 'Defective discs' thread. There's apparently a noticeable instance of pixellation on the DVD as well in the second collection set. Not sure if this will have been fixed for the complete collection.