UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aion said:
Escaflowne: Eight DVD Collection - £16.70

DVD Pacific have got the shipping wrong, charging £2.70 for two discs instead of a lot for eight. Going on how they charge £5 for four disc sets, the normal shipping wouldn't be cheap.

Do be aware that DVDPacific might alter the shipping if they spot the error.

Fate/Stay Night: Four DVD Collection - £20.19

Once again, DVDPacific have got the shipping wrong. This time they're charging half the normal cost because it goes through checkout as a two disc set.

They aren't wrong, they just have the item listen as two items weight. That means that even though there are four discs, it takes the space of two normal DVD cases approximately.

Having just checked, it appears they've changed their shipping cost system from when I posted the Mushi-Shi link. I checked the shipping cost at DVDPacific then and it was £5, taking the total to £22, because the set had four discs. It's now a "one weight" item, the shipping being £2-something.

I've been comparing PlayUSA against DVDPacific for months, and DVDPacific charged by the disc count, the "weight" number being the same as the disc number.

Edit: Refer to my Zero link to see what I'm on about. That has four discs and it has a £5 shipping charge because it's classed as a "four weight" item.

5% off if you use the promo code. Couple cheap anime there that might be worth to get if you don't have it yet, such as millenium actress and GiTS.

"But before we get into the detail, we must tell you that those lovely folk at Play.com have given us another discount code, valid until 6th November, so use it quick! It will get you 5% off anything in their Scif-Fi store - the code is OKTOBER. Click here to see the already great offers, and here for the T&Cs"

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/3-/135825/2 ... dpr=135825

Olio8O said:
I have it - it is indeed exactly the same box type as FMP!

You mean the type where it feels like you are breaking the discs just taking them out? There was times where i felt like i was destroying my Chrono Crusade set just trying to get them into the player

Olio8O said:
that's it, the ones that have super-power grip and you literally have to fold the disc in half to get it out! I HATE those things!

Really? Is the FMP the same as the FMP Fumoffu one? If so, I literally just got that yesterday and I think they're fine, you just press the middle bit and it pops them out easy, I don't see how that'd break the disc.

edit: I forgot FMP! has like 3 more discs, so I dunno if that affects it at all.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Tachi- said:
HMV have some bargains on anime and general dvds atm.

take a look next time you go in. (i'd post links but i'm abit busy)

Bargains for retails stores or all stores (online included)?

Big difference =P

In store they have a price reduction section (or should have atleast)

And on store there's a price reduction too.

a series i saw in store for £6.99 is also £6.99 online. So i think it might ba aswell to just price check before you decide what to buy and from where.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Olio8O said:
that's it, the ones that have super-power grip and you literally have to fold the disc in half to get it out! I HATE those things!

Really? Is the FMP the same as the FMP Fumoffu one? If so, I literally just got that yesterday and I think they're fine, you just press the middle bit and it pops them out easy, I don't see how that'd break the disc.

edit: I forgot FMP! has like 3 more discs, so I dunno if that affects it at all.

With the FMP/Chrono Crusade ones the middle bit doesn't work like that and its quite rigid. I would of prefered it if it was like my X files boxsets where you push the middle bit and it just folds down setting the disc free.

The plastic bricks with folding hubs are the M-locks. Better to get the discs out of, but generally made out of inferior bendy plastic. The bastards to remove the discs from are Scanavos. Quality plastic, but very rigid and brittle.

This has been Case Study with ayase. Please join us next time when I'll be explaining why thinpack cases suck ****.

BlackWolf said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Olio8O said:

With the FMP/Chrono Crusade ones the middle bit doesn't work like that and its quite rigid. I would of prefered it if it was like my X files boxsets where you push the middle bit and it just folds down setting the disc free.

Yeah, that's like the fumoffu ones, the M-lock (Thanks Ayase! =D) Guess they are different then, I find the worst are the kind used in the Dark Knight 2 disc case. the one that's on the left "page" when you open the case.

Just got FMP! today, either they've changed the packaging or I got lucky and the case isn't too stiff, but I didn't have much of a problem getting the discs out. Probably the luck thing.

I think it's pretty funny that the 7 disc box is smaller than the 4 disc fumoffu one though :p

edit: definitely just luck, I remembered that one of my oher DVDs had a similar case and that one is a pain in the butt to get out, so yeh...

HMV have some bargains in the anime blu-ray section:

Shigurui: Death Frenzy: Complete Series: 2blu £7.99
Appleseed: Ex Machina £8.99
Origin Spirits Of The Past: Movie £6.99
Afro Samurai: Directors Cut £7.99
Afro Samurai: Resurrection: Directors Cut £7.99
Resident Evil: Degeneration £10.99
Final Fantasy Vii (7): Advent Children £10.99

Back