UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

chaos said:
I'll get it now for my collection, but I've already seem it and although it's really well done, it's not my sort of anime.
If it's not your sort of anime but you feel you have to buy it, then buy it for me.
Problem solved. ^____^

Voddas said:
chaos said:
I'll get it now for my collection, but I've already seem it and although it's really well done, it's not my sort of anime.
If it's not your sort of anime but you feel you have to buy it, then buy it for me.
Problem solved. ^____^
It's cheap. It's production IG.
nuff said ;)

WH091122_Body2.gif

SecondSpin/Wherehouse hadn't had any free international shipping for awhile, instead only offering '$1 per item shipping, US only' codes.

I made two orders yesterday, getting some DVDs I really wanted.

What are wherehouse like compared to secondspin?

You just need to make sure any orders stay close to that $30 as with 20% off it comes in around £15.

Thanks Aion, nothing on their list for me right this moment but I'll keep an eye on them this week. It's been maddening watching things come and go but being too cheap to pay the shipping!

R

I just find it takes too long to look through those lists unless I have something in mind and if I do have an idea of what I want I end up spending too much. Not going to risk looking as this month is an expensive one for pre-orders.

Well, at least you can list all the anime on Wherehouse (you can't do this on SS, right?) Still doesn't change the fact that they don't seem to have much stock, and all the titles are really old. Am I missing something?

The anime list on Wherehouse is all out of order, including even OOS titles, and it's impossible to know if every anime title is listed. It's better just to search for titles or order by price, starting from lowest on SS.

There are bargains to be had, though most of the good stuff has gone these days because they have mostly old used stock. It's worth looking around simply because no other store on the net offers free international shipping, together with $20 off.

How are SS/Wherehouse with 'new' orders? I just noticed they sell new DVDs, and with the code they're the cheapest around for Baccano...

Yup. It, and the My-HiME spin-off, were too hard to resist for $27.99 each. I now have a third place to look at for R1 box set pre-orders, which is good considering PlayUSA have gone £1+1 and DVDPacific nearly always have the wrong pre-order shipping cost,

You should also, you know, try to find a way to order what I told you to. I want to read your impressions of it since you 10/10'd WotH.

If you don't stop that, even after I've given you examples, I'm going to get Fabio to find and punch you. You're pissing me off.

Look throough their yet to be released list. That's why I was saying the shipping was wrong in the past; because they correct it after the release dates more often than not.

FYI, they charge by disc counts at first and then, when they receive the goods, charge by the size of the actual set. They basically have estimates based on disc counts at first.

Aion said:
The anime list on Wherehouse is all out of order, including even OOS titles, and it's impossible to know if every anime title is listed. It's better just to search for titles or order by price, starting from lowest on SS.

There are bargains to be had, though most of the good stuff has gone these days because they have mostly old used stock. It's worth looking around simply because no other store on the net offers free international shipping, together with $20 off.
Right, cool, I might give it a more thorough search later.

10% off at the book depository.

I messed up putting the code in and had to send an email to cancel the order, of course for once they managed to have dispatched half my order straight away rather than waiting a week.

Aion said:
If you don't stop that, even after I've given you examples, I'm going to get Fabio to find and punch you. You're pissing me off.

Look throough their yet to be released list. That's why I was saying the shipping was wrong in the past; because they correct it after the release dates more often than not.

FYI, they charge by disc counts at first and then, when they receive the goods, charge by the size of the actual set. They basically have estimates based on disc counts at first.

Well then, all that can happen is you end up paying less shipping than they first tell you. If they estimate by number of discs, then they are giving you the highest the shipping could be, because that estimate assumes one disc = one standard DVD case in size. Therefore the only way is down in terms of shipping price adjustments, as boxsets tend to get smaller than their discs' worth in standard cases.

Anyways, I've preordered loads with them & they've never got my shipping wrong. Maybe they're just picking on you to annoy you?

Dracos said:
10% off at the book depository.

I messed up putting the code in and had to send an email to cancel the order, of course for once they managed to have dispatched half my order straight away rather than waiting a week.

Cheers. I don't like TBD very much these days, but since they're the only store selling 'No Longer Human'...

Goth > No Longer Human > Catcher in the Rye - the perfect books to read to get me in the xmas spirit. Suicide here I come.

Back