UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Mutsumi said:
I've kept my sendit order open still just in case too. Worst case I'll have two, & they certainly wont be going down in value....
o_O

Speaking of having them both ordered. I just got contacted by sendit saying they'll be posting it tonight! Now I can't cncle with Play coz it's been packed!
*facepalm* Ah well... :p

Voddas said:
Mutsumi said:
I've kept my sendit order open still just in case too. Worst case I'll have two, & they certainly wont be going down in value....
o_O

Speaking of having them both ordered. I just got contacted by sendit saying they'll be posting it tonight! Now I can't cncle with Play coz it's been packed!
*facepalm* Ah well... :p

Lol, not got a message from Sendit yet myself, even though I ordered it with them before you I think. XD

Curse you ayase and you heart wrenching words. *shakes fist*

edit: I've put a request threw to sendit.com to see if it can be stopped before it's put in the post. It's the more expensive of the two but have had problems with cancleing with Play before and plus, I couldn't do it after seeing that picture. T_T

Send It is reliable right?

nobodies ever had a problem getting things have they? usual waiting times for deliveries and do you have recordable deliveries??

I know sendit is cheaper but I have already cancled the order with play once before and play is further along with the delivery than play so there's a better chance of gettingmy money back, even if it's slightly less than if I cancled with play... hope that made sense I was talking while typing. lol

edit: @Tachi - Yes, sendit has been very reliable, well, for me at least. :thumb:

Just been speaking to sendit.com andthe order was cancled succesfully. They're so nice. ^__^

They nearlly always have better deals too. Infact it sould've worked out cheaper if I wasn't so desperate to get the DVDs lol.

Just been emailed to inform me that Patlabor 1&2 SE are in the post... just hope it gets here by Saturday now. Otherwsie it'll end up taking the long way round due to these upcoming strikes.

Tokko, the whole series, is for sale in Fopp for £5, I bought it today from the Cambridge store. Fopp also has various other anime DVDs in stock, it'd be worth having a look if there's a store nearby.

To find Tokko on sale within a High Street outlet is something one comes across every now and then. Published praise for the series is, however, somewhat harder to find. Regardless, the boxart does have a striking appeal, what with its large typeface being somewhat resemblant of the Akira logo.

Escaflowne: Eight DVD Collection - £16.70

DVD Pacific have got the shipping wrong, charging £2.70 for two discs instead of a lot for eight. Going on how they charge £5 for four disc sets, the normal shipping wouldn't be cheap.

Do be aware that DVDPacific might alter the shipping if they spot the error.

Fate/Stay Night: Four DVD Collection - £20.19

Once again, DVDPacific have got the shipping wrong. This time they're charging half the normal cost because it goes through checkout as a two disc set.

I was going to watch the Thora 720P releases at some point, but I decided to order this for £20 instead.

Familiar of Zero: Four DVD Collection - £19.12

This time they've got the shipping right. However, the starting price is low, meaning it works out as being a quid less than the Fate set.

I have no interest in this - the unusually low MAL review scores have put me off ordering it.

Claymore: Volume 2 - £8.99

If you order it with volume one, you can get two-thirds of the series for the lowly sum of £16.42. But, if you've waited this long, you might as well wait for the box set.

-------

I'm not sure how many people will care after zero interest was shown in getting one of the highest rated animes in existence for £!8 previously, but whatever. I try.

{Credit Card} {Do you need it?}

{Batman} {Sex} {Wife} {Why?}

Since you posted after me and I just remembered, like...

Princess Tutu: Six DVD Collection - £18.27

Once more, DVD Pacific are charging less for shipping than they intended to.

Everything about Tutu's title, look and description screams 'No!' to me. However, the fact it has no less than nine 9-10/10 MAL reviews, the other being an eight, and its high average rating suggests it's a gem. Never judge a book by its cover, as they say. I've ordered it.

I've got them all, except for Familiar of Zero, but I have a feeling it's a female negima crossovered with Rosario + Vampire...

WRT to Princess Tutu - the first time I've seen that I gave it a pass.
Then, I've seen that "Hold me now" (sic) AMV and decided to give it a chance. After reading the reviews of this series, I was really interested in it.

It's a fairy tale, it's episodic and most of the comedy in it is slapstick. But funnily enough, none of this plays against Princess Tutu. Once I've started watching this, the show was so compellling, I actually took my laptop and the DVD's with me on my holidays, siply because I couldn't put the series away.

Taking into consideration that you like more realistic things, Aion, I'd be really interested in your opinion on it. BTW - you just reminded me that I need to write a reply to your mini review of The Twelve kingdoms.

A word of warning about Princess Tutu: apparently ADV are using Stack Packs--cases like those used for PC games, where the discs are stacked on top of one another. It rivals Funimation's card Viridian sets as the worst packaging ever conceived.

fabricatedlunatic said:
A word of warning about Princess Tutu: apparently ADV are using Stack Packs--cases like those used for PC games, where the discs are stacked on top of one another. It rivals Funimation's card Viridian sets as the worst packaging ever conceived.
Not apparently, forgot about this detail... I bought a different case for this series, as that stackup one was simply vile.

Back