UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

What’s it about? I’m tempted to pick it up for that price.

A dude ends up destroying the earth if he stares at underwear for too long, however there's a even bigger story going on around the half-way point. It's very underrated and is written by the creator of the Zero Escape visual novel franchise.

What’s it about? I’m tempted to pick it up for that price.

It's kind of hard to describe without sounding absolutely crazy, but in simple terms, it's about a ghost trying to prevent the end of the world, which triggers when he sees girls underwear, causing time to loop back around and give him another go. As Grav says, it evolves in to a much larger, more complex story as it goes. Some people say they found it hard to follow towards the end, but I honestly didn't take any issue with it. It also has a really awesome art style and the animation in general is top tier, as you'd expect from MAPPA.

A dude ends up destroying the earth if he stares at underwear for too long, however there's a even bigger story going on around the half-way point. It's very underrated and is written by the creator of the Zero Escape visual novel franchise.
Huh. That seems like a very easy way to destroy the planet.

It's kind of hard to describe without sounding absolutely crazy, but in simple terms, it's about a ghost trying to prevent the end of the world, which triggers when he sees girls underwear, causing time to loop back around and give him another go. As Grav says, it evolves in to a much larger, more complex story as it goes. Some people say they found it hard to follow towards the end, but I honestly didn't take any issue with it. It also has a really awesome art style and the animation in general is top tier, as you'd expect from MAPPA.
Considering that I’m probably going to have to pick it up then.

IIRC, it had a fair amount of parts where it would randomly jutter and skip. Not the sound, just the video, but it was very distracting, I found.
And the release has bad chapter points and subtitles. I turned to Crunchyroll after episode 7 since the subtitles included dialogue, signs and song lyrics in one subtitle stream.

IIRC, it had a fair amount of parts where it would randomly jutter and skip. Not the sound, just the video, but it was very distracting, I found.
And the release has bad chapter points and subtitles. I turned to Crunchyroll after episode 7 since the subtitles included dialogue, signs and song lyrics in one subtitle stream.
Then I guess it's yet another UK release that I'll skip in favor of a US import. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother looking at Manga UK's releases.

Then I guess it's yet another UK release that I'll skip in favor of a US import. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother looking at Manga UK's releases.
That's what I did, manage to bag the OOP LE for under £14 on eBay. Was quite the bargain

Oh, too bad about that Punch Line price. Is that 10,99 the best there is out there currently? That just reminded me, I had wanted to pick that title up, too.

That's what I did, manage to bag the OOP LE for under £14 on eBay. Was quite the bargain
.... and I paid 50USD before shipping and customs. ._.
At least it sounds like it was worth it over that absurdly cheap UK one.

How are Zavvi when it come to cancelling orders? Might cancel my order and re-order with the discount code if it isn't going to be a hassle.

10% off code for Zavvi: DM4K

Works on GITS SAC Blu-ray DE

Where did you find the code, as Zavvi usually exclude pre-orders from vouchers and I have heard that they sometimes cancel pre-orders with codes on.

edit: Have re-ordered with code as thinking about it they have never cancelled a pre-order with a code on for me.

Last edited:
Back