UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi catches my eye, I liked the trailer.
Would anyone reccomend it?

As for Full Metal Panic... theres as series I need to watch before that one right?
Or can I just jump right into the comedy series without a hitch?

Damn... Kino's Journey is still full price.

Full Metal Panic! FUMOFFU for me. Had FMP for ages and was looking for this boxset at a nice price. Cheers for the heads up Aion.

@iisan - It's not essential to have seen the first season. I watched Fumuffo the first, and apart from not knowing about the characters, you can watch Fumuffo first no problem.

Says usually dispatched within 4-5 days to me.

@akaihane: Danke.

edit; Ah, lame. I see it. When you go to the basket.
-sigh- well, thanks anyway Aion.

Yarp, sucks don't it.

I'll be keeping my open like.

Nearly bough "Ugly yet Beautiful World" but not sure if I'd take to it.

I ordered Abenobashi. At £10 I really couldn't say no. I've heard mixed things about This Beautiful Yet Ugly World, and I didn't like the style of the art on the cover, so I decided to avoid it for the time being.

iisan said:
I ordered Abenobashi. At £10 I really couldn't say no. I've heard mixed things about This Beautiful Yet Ugly World, and I didn't like the style of the art on the cover, so I decided to avoid it for the time being.
Gah! I gave in and just bought it too. :p

With no FMP I was determined to get something then. For £10.99 too. It's a steal. :thumb:

I recommend some of you pick up the E's set simply because not many copies were released before ADV's death and its the lowest price by far. Not the best series, but a very good deal.

Do I blow £50 on Evangelion then?.....hmmmm.

Is the Area88 anime any good? One of my favourite SNES games from back in the day! :lol:

I want to see Evangelion at some point just because of the regard it's held in.
It doesn't exactly appeal to me personally though soo £50 is still too steep for me.

Kaede said:
Is the Area88 anime any good? One of my favourite SNES games from back in the day! :lol:
If you're referring the 1980's OVA currently available in R1, I'd say it certainly is. For its time the aerial combat is of notably high quality, and the theme of war existing as a consuming drug-like enticement takes the story in a direction I didn't predict it would go.

As for the TV series, I can't speak from experience, but I assume it depends on whether you put modernity before originality when choosing betwixt the two.

At this point, Evangelion is a must see anime, simply for the effect that it had on the industry. But I fear that hype has killed its one time must own status. Given how much it is still debated and discussed on boards, I think anyone tempted by such conversations can only really be disappointed by the reality of the show.

It's one for the overrated, indeed overpriced thread. At this late date, it should be available in a budget set at around a discounted £20. Not perennially repackaged in various hunks of tin and given a three digit price tag.

Evangelion is a steal at those prices, tbh. It's by far and away my absolute favourite anime series ever and it's a true must-see for any budding anime fan :]

For a tin with seven slimpack cases in, £40 was never cheap enough for me. I've had chances in the past to order it and never did. Instead, on the cheap, I collected the seven R1, full-sized platinum releases, also getting an art box... actually, I got two: I gave one to Panda Z.

In America there's the option of buying the series in a standard thinpack set for the usual/average amount. ADV UK tried to rip-off people in the UK by convicing them it was worth £80 (only rarely has it dropped to £40-50). As solid as Eva is on the character front, there's no way an old series that made no sense deserves a fee of £80.

I just post the 'cheap' links to the tin because some people do want to pay £50 for it. I don't actually think it's a bargain at all.

Back