UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

It seems PlayUSA aren't that slow getting OOS orders to you - my Gokusen and Kashimasho box sets were sent yesterday. 2/5 sent.

I wanted those two the most. What I like about them is, for tiny amounts, you get all the individual volumes packaged in side a thin box. Great value for money.

Just noticed that Now and Then, Here and There is pre-tailing at DVD Pacific for under £14 including postage. I guess that pound vs dollar thing is swinging back our way now.

Had a feeling you would, you having just finished the anime. :)

It's odd how few people are interested in getting each volume for £3 new and a free box. There wasn't much interest when I posted about its price on release...

---------

HMV have added the final volume of Darker than BLACK, listing it for £9.99. They meant to price it at £11.99, like the other volumes. They made a similar error with volumes 1 of both Claymore and DtB - listing them for £8.99 and taking awhile to realize.

Link: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=997251

Aion said:
It's odd how few people are interested in getting each volume for £3 new and a free box. There wasn't much interest when I posted about its price on release...
Only explanation I have for that is that considering how addictive this series is, most would have quite a few volumes of the manga already (if not the whole thing) and ordering this wasn't too appealing. I know I'm glad you posted, as I simply love mine.

Aion said:
HMV have added the final volume of Darker than BLACK, listing it for £9.99. They meant to price it at £11.99, like the other volumes. They made a similar error with volumes 1 of both Claymore and DtB - listing them for £8.99 and taking awhile to realize.

Link: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=997251
Just ordered that just in case. I have volume one sitting at my cupboard waiting for me to watch.

Zin5ki said:
SDF Macross is on clearance at Axelmusic, if anyone's interested.
"Clearance items will be reduced by 15% every week until sold out."
Nobody buy it! Wait six weeks and they'll be giving it away!

I already bought it, but I'm glad I only paid an extra 26p.

Nothing new; just some more PlayUSA talk.

The Berserk set is back in-stock: http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/ ... oduct.html

With the current value of the pound and DVDPacific shipping, it still works out £2 cheaper.

Also, awhile back I posted in the 'What have you ordered?' thread about making a five box set order. Since then, three have arrived, and those three are all now back in-stock.

Phoenix - £13.99
I highly recommend this. It works out £3 cheaper than from DVD Pacific, each disc is packaged in lovely book-like casing and the series is high quality.

Kashimashi: £13.99
The series is fairly entertaining and the set is great value for money - you get all three normal DVDs (sealed, like with Phoenix) in a box. Not a bad looking set to add to your collection for cheap.

Gokusen - £9.99
It's packaged like the Berserk set, but can you really complain when you're getting a very good series for a tenner?

Also, the Death Note set is now in-stock, still selling for £39. According to Amazon, they have three.

Edit: SS have a 20% off + FS code active again. The code is ESPNNOW. There's not much to order, though - the prices are high.

A seller on eBay has multiple (at least nine, according to the stats) copies of Claymore for sale. They're sold as sealed.

Right now, the best new price from a store is £11.98. The lowest price the set has ever sold for to date is £8.99, and that was because of a HMV pre-release misprice.

The auction ends in under 24 hours. Here's the link:

Claymore: Volume 1 - £8.99

The same seller is also selling the Buso Renkin box set for £15 new. It's over £10 cheaper than the current store prices.

Buso Renkin Box set - £14.99

Bleach - Series 2 Part 2 DVD - £4.49

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Trilogy Box Set - £8.49

Jyu-Oh-Sei - Series 1 Part 1 - Planet Of The Beast - £9.89

Mahoromatic: Complete Collection (3 Disc) - £8.99

Yugo The Negotiator Boxset (4 Discs) - £8.99

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Boxset (3 Discs) - £9.99

Area 88: Complete Collection (4 Disc) - £10.99

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi: Complete Collection (4 Disc) - £10.99

Pretear: Complete Collection (4 Disc) - £10.99

Cromartie High School: Complete Collection (4 Discs) - £13.99

Fullmetal Alchemist: Season One - Part One (4 Discs) - £15.99

Fullmetal Alchemist: Season One - Part Two (3 Discs) - £15.99

E'S Otherwise Box Set (6 Discs) - £16.99

(right after I get R1 copies of volumes 2-6... it was only ever released in box set form over here, shortly before ADV's death)

Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU Complete Boxset (4 Discs) - £16.99

Hellsing Box Set: Classic Collection - £16.99

Noein - Complete Series Boxset - £17.89

Spiral: The Complete Series (6 Disc) - £17.99

Gilgamesh: Complete Collection (7 Discs) - £23.99

Madlax: Complete Collection (7 Discs) - £23.99

Noir: The Complete Boxset (With Dogtags) (7 Discs) - £23.99

RahXephon: The Complete Collection (8 Discs) - £23.99

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ultimate Tin Box Collection (7 Discs) - £48.99

I haven't listed everything - only the box sets Find-DVD alerted me to. Play are trying to clear their ADV stock, selling most singles for £3.99 each (Le Chavvy Don, Utwarunu-something, etc) and pretty much every ADV box set for a low amount.

You can find more here: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/3-/147623/0 ... dpr=147623

Back