UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Chaos, you sound like the guys on eBay who mistake anime for manga.

There's nothing in that offer that hasn't been or isn't now cheaper elsewhere. Just because a store has an offer or sale doesn't mean there are any actual bargains. :p

This is a DVD Pacific misprice. What they've done is list the R2 SE with the same RRP as the normal edition, meaning it's currently possible to pre-order the LE for £15 + £2-something postage.

Link: http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1106734

Edit: If anyone is interested, Desert Punk is another £17.99 box set over on PlayUSA.

Aion said:
This is a DVD Pacific misprice. What they've done is list the R2 SE with the same RRP as the normal edition, meaning it's currently possible to pre-order the LE for £15 + £2-something postage.

Link: http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1106734

Edit: If anyone is interested, Desert Punk is another £17.99 box set over on PlayUSA.

Thanks for that Aion i just pre-ordered hopefully they won't change the price now or cancle it and the postage was £4 something as its weighed as 2 items

I remain sceptical about DVD Pacific. Their prices are notably lower than several other R1 stores. Has anybody here had a negative experience with them?

Second Spin has a 15% off and free international shipping code. You need to spend at least 50 dollars, so it's not really a bargain after vat and royal mail handling fee, but anyway.

FSFIFTEEN

I went to order some more Urusei Yatsura on that SS code when they sent it out, until I realised you had to spend over $50. I think I will wait till the next free shipping without a limit. I tend to find them quite dear for stuff but they are not so bad with free shipping on any order size.

Waited too long on Stratos 4 :(

Just Passing Through said:
Now and Then, Here and There looks enticing, but I'll hold off to see what ADV do with it with regards to disc count.
ADV have confirmed that the release will comprise three discs -- though it looks as though one of those will be for the extras. They also confirmed that the discs have been re-authored, so it should look better than CPM's murky "effort".

fabricatedlunatic said:
Waited too long on Stratos 4 :(

Now and Then, Here and There looks enticing, but I'll hold off to see what ADV do with it with regards to disc count.
ADV have confirmed that the release will comprise three discs -- though it looks as though one of those will be for the extras. They also confirmed that the discs have been re-authored, so it should look better than CPM's murky "effort".

That raises my interest levels some. I think I'll wait till it's released first, see what other people think of it. Thanks

That raises my interest levels some. I think I'll wait till it's released first, see what other people think of it. Thanks
It's pretty good, but is quite heavy going in some areas. Much harsher than first impressions would have you believe...

Ushio said:
It's pretty good, but is quite heavy going in some areas. Much harsher than first impressions would have you believe...

Um, I meant the technical quality of the discs... not the show, but thanks. :oops:

Back