UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Bad news is that double points are no longer a thing (though that was confirmed with the new site) that and shipping charges. I still have a load from the HMV/Fopp £6 sale to watch, and Carrie as well. Will the backlog ever end? :p
One plus is that reward points are worth their full value on sale items now. I just ordered two titles and the shipping was only 85p.

One plus is that reward points are worth their full value on sale items now. I just ordered two titles and the shipping was only 85p.
Ah that's good. I do have my eye on one or two items but the only Arrow Title I really want before it goes OOP is The Cat o Nine Tails re-release that's on pre-order atm

Never really checked out Arrow because I always thought they just released horror films. Do they have many non-gory releases from Japan?

Outside of horror they have released a fair amount of Japanese films including a number of Takashi Miike titles, the Battles Without Honour & Humanity series, directorial works by Seijun Suzuki, and more.

There's also the live-action Guyver which is not Japanese but based on a Japanese property.

Outside of horror they have released a fair amount of Japanese films including a number of Takashi Miike titles, the Battles Without Honour & Humanity series, directorial works by Seijun Suzuki, and more.

There's also the live-action Guyver which is not Japanese but based on a Japanese property.
Actually all those would probably be too violent for my taste.

:rolleyes:
(I have seen it, but not looking to buy it. Also I'm looking for non-violent Japanese films in particular.)

Try some of Third Window Films catalogue, and MVM have released some decent Japanese live action as well.

Edit: believe it or not, Manga have released some goo live action too, beyond Godzilla. Stuff like K20, Survive Style 5+, the Kitaro movies...

Last edited:
You may want to try labels like BFI of Eureka. BFI have released a lot of Yasujiro Ozu films. Eureka have released a number of Shôhei Imamura films in their Masters of Cinema series. There's also more recent stuff from Kiyoshi Kurosawa or Naomi Kawase you may want to look at.
Thanks for the recommendations. I starting to checkout Eureka more recently and did recently buy their release of Naomi Kawase's "SweetBean".

Try some of Third Window Films catalogue, and MVM have released some decent Japanese live action as well.

Edit: believe it or not, Manga have released some goo live action too, beyond Godzilla. Stuff like K20, Survive Style 5+, the Kitaro movies...

Actually I used to buy lots of Third Window releases when they used to release quirky Japanese comedies (I actually discovered them via Kamikaze Girls) (and I have a backlog of their releases to watch too - I think I'll try to watch some of my backlog this Christmas holiday).

MVM live action DVD releases are very cheap on Anime-on-Line, tempted to buy Cutie Honey and The Sinking of Japan.

(& "goo live action" sounds sticky :p)

Another miss for me. Already got part 1 in their mystery box and part 2 in a sale. Solid price for those who don't own it though.

Back