UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

That box would just annoy me. I don't start watching shows until I own it all, or at least one complete season, so I'd have to fork out a whole load to start watching 90% of that box.

I ended up getting the part 2s for Nobunaga, Hakkenden and Muv-Luv, going to sell my Log Horizon and Familiar sets soon and get the Complete Collection sets.

In hindsight it wasn't the best purchase for all the part 2s I had to get but that's the risk one takes with mystery boxes. I daresay I'll be doing some reselling with the AL mystery box unless I'm really lucky...

Last edited:
Not sure how much I would like a box full of part 1's. I don't have many MVM releases, but I could also allready have imported it from elsewhere and not knowing they had it. And I don't know anyone else IRL I could gift anime to.

Need to think about how much I need to save up for stuff I really want, but if I have enough, and they did not put Sakura Trick or Sonico the animation on sale before, I could potentialy take a 50£ plunge and see what I get. If they would ship it internationaly that is.

It's part of the Amazon Deal of the Day:

My Hero Academia: Season One (Region A) - $21.99
Wolf Children (Region A Locked) - $11.99
Steins;Gate: The Complete Series (Region A Locked) - $10.99
Samurai Champloo: The Complete Series (Region A/B) - $15.99
Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo (Region A/B) - $12.99
Black Lagoon: Season One and Two (Region A Locked) - $16.99

Are any of the two shows any good? At a glance they look like C-D tier titles to me.
Nobunaga is a show that starts off decently but has a meh second half IMO. I gave that a 3.5/5 or 7/10 on MAL as well. It changes in tone and has some middling characters but I'd say it's worth checking out as opinions tend to vary, especially mine :p

So far I've not gone for a single MVM deal. Tis a shame, but I'll probably not go for anything and just partake in their January sale to pick up the 2-3 things I need to finish off some sets.

I'll keep an eye on their January sale, this years 12 days has been a non-event for me. Some decent stuff but mostly anime I have or titles I'd wait to get in one bigger set.

Back