UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Thanks for the heads up, I also bought the Code Geass LE for £28 (may get a £5 refund depending on the journey through customs too). For those with the Kaze BDs you can sell them to Cex for £25 cash or £36 credit (which makes this a very good deal!)

Thanks for the heads up, I also bought the Code Geass LE for £28 (may get a £5 refund depending on the journey through customs too). For those with the Kaze BDs you can sell them to Cex for £25 cash or £36 credit (which makes this a very good deal!)

Oh wow, as someone who owns the Kaze sets and actually really needed CeX credit today, this just helped me a bunch.

Oh wow, as someone who owns the Kaze sets and actually really needed CeX credit today, this just helped me a bunch.
I'd hold off to make sure it ships first! :confused: Don't wanna get caught out.

I've ordered a whole bunch too, just when I'm trying to save money too... still Code Geass, Wolfs Rain & Barakamon are too cheap to pass up! Might upgrade my DVD of Freezing and Gunslinger Girl too as they will come under the customs threshold.

I'm considering buying Code Geass, but wasn't there some issues with the audio? I reckon I could sell my Kaze sets (with slips) for more than the £30 the US CE set costs at this point, but if they audio is goosed then I'd rather not....anyone know?

I'm considering buying Code Geass, but wasn't there some issues with the audio? I reckon I could sell my Kaze sets (with slips) for more than the £30 the US CE set costs at this point, but if they audio is goosed then I'd rather not....anyone know?

IIRC, they replaced the discs with corrected audio, and all new stock should come with the new discs.

FUNimation apparently put out corrected discs, and the 2nd running of the LE should use those discs. No clue what stock Amazon has, but if its the defected stock you should be able to ask FUNimation for replacement discs.

IIRC, they replaced the discs with corrected audio, and all new stock should come with the new discs.
FUNimation apparently put out corrected discs, and the 2nd running of the LE should use those discs. No clue what stock Amazon has, but if its the defected stock you should be able to ask FUNimation for replacement discs.
R2 was mono but the discs should be replaced
Ah okay, cheers. One last thing, I can pay taxes in advanced with Amazon.com, right? I see it says "Import Fees Deposit" so I assume I'm safe and won't have to deal with that myself? Also what shipping would y'all recommend?

Ah okay, cheers. One last thing, I can pay taxes in advanced with Amazon.com, right? I see it says "Import Fees Deposit" so I assume I'm safe and won't have to deal with that myself? Also what shipping would y'all recommend?

They take the import fees based on an estimate. If the Import duties are more than they charged you. You don't get charged extra. If its less than they charged you they refund the difference.

I normally go for the 2nd option, but I rushed my code geass order and its at the slowest option, and can't edit it now since its preparing for dispatch.

My wallet weeps because I've just ordered:
Code Geass
DBZ Kai seasons 1,2 and 4
Gunslinger girl
Wanna be the strongest LE
Brothers Conflict LE
Freezing
Wolfs Rain

Even though it's costing me a fair bit the CG set alone was like £100 so no complaints there.
Gonna sell my Kai sets and CG season 1 which should make me a few quid as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out Lambadelta.

I've ended up ordering 6 titles when I was trying really hard to buy nothing this month. :D

Still, it saves me just short of £130 so I can't really complain. :p

Thanks for pointing this out Lambadelta.

I've ended up ordering 6 titles when I was trying really hard to buy nothing this month. :D

Still, it saves me just short of £130 so I can't really complain. :p
Yeah I've saved a small fortune when looking at Wow HD prices :D Brothers conflict is selling for £55 alone

They take the import fees based on an estimate. If the Import duties are more than they charged you. You don't get charged extra. If its less than they charged you they refund the difference.

I normally go for the 2nd option, but I rushed my code geass order and its at the slowest option, and can't edit it now since its preparing for dispatch.
Ahryt cheers. Stuck in my order and went for the middle shipping. I'll most likely stick my Kaze sets on eBay once it arrives and should be able to make my money back at the very least, although having discs I can actually play may prove useful lol shoulda got one of those players.

Question is can Amazon top their packaging for my Danmachi set or will they actually send items out like a semi-competent company? At these prices am I allowed to complain? :D

Back