Overseas FUNimation Limited Edition, Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. lines

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by Stiivun, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Some time ago at the very end of May there were some questions regarding FUNimation Limited Editions and if there was a list of these editions and also what size the boxes have either Blu-ray or DVD. See this link for anyone wondering.

NormanicGrav started out listing out the releases which weren't OOP and then also listed those that were. See this post and the ones below.

I also tried to make a contribution here, and as time passed by i thought, why not create a list of all FUNimation Limited Edition titles. But since FUNimation also has the Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. lines in their catalogue, i didn't stop there and also listed these up.

The result of all this can be seen in this Google Spreadsheet;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The second post of this thread will contain the questions regarding the Limited Edition, Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. lines., and the third and fourth post the updates to the spreadsheet.

All in all my hope is that the spreadsheet is useful for anyone buying FUNimation releases.

2. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Questions

Questions in green have been answered.

• What are the UPC codes for Attack on Titan: Collector’s Edtion Part One and Part Two ?
    • D.Gray-Man Season 1 Part Two Blu-ray (UPC: 704400069239) was this ever released ?
    • Eureka Seven not sure if there was a separate DVD Limited Editon ?
    • Is Fruits Basket Collector's Edition (UPC: 704400031069) a chipboard version ?
    • Ga-Rei-Zero was there ever a regular Blu-ray only edition (UPC: 704400088834)
    • Are Hetalia Season 3, 4 and 5 actually Limited Editions ?
    • Are there also Limited Editions of Initial D ?
    • For Is This A Zombie? Of The Dead there is a regular DVD edition, but it seems not for Is This A Zombie? , is that correct ?
    • Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1 & Season 2 (2 parts) are these also chipboard versions ?
    • Was Nabari No Ou released uncomplete, only as Part One ?
    • What is the UPC code for OniAi Limited Edition ?
    • Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt also available in a regular DVD edition (UPC: 704400090721) ?
    • Does Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Blu-ray edition also come in a rigid chipboard box ?
    • Is Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings Season 1 with UPC 704400088506 a Limited Edition ?
    • Serial Experiments Lain is this a Limited Edition (UPC: 704400095450) ?
    • Shakugan no Shana: Season 1, is there a Limited Edition for this ?
    • Shakugan no Shana: Season 2, was there a regular Part One released ?
    • Shangri-La was this is ever actually released as a Limited Edition ?
    • Shiki, was there a regular Part One released ?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  3. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Reserved for updates

• 20/11/2017: added three February 2018 Limited Editions to the Google spreadsheet; Attack on Titan: Season 2 (Limited Edition), Keijo!!!!!!!!: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), and Yuri!!! on ICE: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
    • 19/10/2017: added two January 2018 Limited Edition to the Google spreadsheet;
      Berserk: Season 1 (2016 adaptation) (Limited Edition), and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Season One (Limited Edition)
    • 02/10/2017: added one LE's and two S.A.V.E. editions which will be released during December 2017; Dragonar Academy: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Mob Psycho 100: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), and Riddle Story of Devil: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.).
      Also added Fruits Basket 'Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition', technically this is not in FUNimation's Limited Edition catalogue but it comes in a rigid box.
      Also updated three S.A.V.E. editions concerning them having/not having a reversible cover.
    • 29/8/2017: added six LE's which will be released during November 2017; 91 Days: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid: The Complete Second Season (Anime Classics), Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Season One (Limited Edition), Myriad Colors Phantom World: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Speed Racer: The Ultimate Collection (Limited Edition), Tales of Zestiria the X: Season One (Limited Edition), Your Name (Limited Edition)
    • 17/7/2017: added four LE's which will be released during October 2017; ReLIFE: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Orange: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), SERVAMP: Season One (Limited Edition), The Testament of Sister New Devil: Season One (Limited Edition)
    • 22/4/2017: added the only 'special' FUNimation release for July, And you thought there is never a girl online?: Complete Series (Limited Edition) to the Google spreadsheet.
    • 21/3/2017: added the June 2017 releases, Outlaw Star: Complete Series (Limited Edition), and Ping Pong the Animation: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
    • 19/2/2017: added one April 2017 release, My Hero Academia: Season One (Limited Edition), and also the four LE's which will be released during May 2017; Dimension W: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Free! Iwatobi Swim Club: Complete Series (Limited Edition), Gangsta.: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash: Complete Series (Limited Edition)
    • 24/12/2016: added the following March 2017 titles; Attack on Titan: Junior High: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Appleseed XIII: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Ben-To: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), BlazBlue: Alter Memory: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Inari Kon Kon: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), and Wanna Be The Strongest In The World!: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.). Also adjusted the Limited Edition entry for Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar to include the upcoming regular complete series release.
    • 17/11/2016: added the following February 2017 titles; D-Frag!: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Danganronpa: The Animated Series (S.A.V.E.), Freezing Vibration: The Complete Second Season (Anime Classics), Nobunagun: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Noragami Aragoto: Season Two (Limited Edition), Red Data Girl: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), and Unbreakable Machine Doll: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
    • 17/09/2016: added the following December titles; Aria the Scarlet Ammo: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Shakugan no Shana: The Movie (S.A.V.E.), Shakugan no Shana: S OVA Series (S.A.V.E.), Shakugan no Shana: Season 3 (S.A.V.E.), Sengoku Basara -Samurai Kings-: Seasons One & Two (S.A.V.E.), Sengoku Basara -Samurai Kings-: The Last Party (S.A.V.E.), and The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
    • 17/08/2016: added the following November titles; King of Thorn: The Movie (S.A.V.E.), Desert Punk: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Hetalia: World Series - The Complete Series (Anime Classics), Haganai - I Don't Have Many Friends NEXT: Complete Collection (Anime Classics), Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing-: Complete Collection (Anime Classics), Prison School: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Tales of Vesperia: The Movie (Anime Classics), Death Parade: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Heaven's Lost Property: The Angeloid of Clockwork (Anime Classics), Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (S.A.V.E), Rideback: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Sakura Wars: The Movie (S.A.V.E), Senran Kagura Ninja Flash!: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.). Also updated Overlord: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), and SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
    • 13/08/2016: added some November 2016 releases, Overlord: The Complete Series (Limited Edition), Shimoneta: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
    • 11/08/2016: added October 2016 releases, Blood-C: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Blood-C: The Last Dark (S.A.V.E.), Code Geass: Seasons One & Two (Collector's Edition), Level E: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: Complete Series (Anime Classics), and The Vision of Escaflowne: The Complete Series + Movie (Collector's Edition)
    • 18/12/2015: added March 2106 titles Brother's Conflict: Complete Series (Limited Edition), Eden of the East: Complete Series + Movie (Premium Edition), and Psycho Pass Season 2 (Premium Edition)
    • 18/11/2015: added February 2016 titles Ga-Rei-Zero - Complete Series (S.A.V.E.), Lord Marksman and Vanadis - Complete Series (Limited Edition), and Tokyo ESP - Complete Series (Limited Edition). Also adjusted the release date for Tokyo Ghoul Collector's Edition
    • 16/10/2015: added January 2016 title Terror in Resonance: The Complete Series
    • 13/10/2015: added Black Lagoon: The Complete Series: Collector's Edition
    • 17/09/2015: added December releases, Haganai: Season One (Anime Classics), and Riddle Story of Devil - Complete Series (Limited Edition)
    • 04/09/2015: removed A Certain Scientific Railgun S as this is not a Limited Edition.
    • 21/08/2015: added Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Collector's Edition
    • 19/08/2015: added additional information ( UPC code, release date, other releases ) for the November releases.
    • 18/08/2015: added November releases, Danganronpa the Animation: Complete Series (Limited Edition), Dragonar Academy: Complete Series (Limited Edition), Eureka Seven: AO - Complete Series (S.A.V.E), Fafner: Complete Series & Movie (S.A.V.E), Good Luck Girl!: Complete Series (S.A.V.E), Noein - To Your Other Self: Complete Series (Limited Edition)
    • 02/08/2015: added Hellsing Ultimate V-VIII to the Limited Edition list, not sold as a LE but comes in a chipboard boxset which can house Part I-IV
    • 01/08/2015: added region info column to the Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. sheets
    • 31/07/2015: added more region information for Limited Editions. See this post.
    • 26/07/2015: added column 'region code' to the spreadsheet for the LE editions.
    • 18/07/2015: Added three S.A.V.E. editions; 009-1: Complete Collection (was missing from the list), Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Series, and Dance in the Vampire Bund: Complete Series
    • 06/07/2015: Added Free! Eternal Summer: Season 2 as Premium Edition (Limited Edition was already in the spreadsheet)
    • 03/07/2015: Added Fullmetal Alchemist in both Collector's Edition and Limited Edition
    • 01/07/2015: Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar Part One is OOP now]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 10:11 AM
  4. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Reserved for updates

5. ilmaestro

ilmaestro State Alchemist

Nice work overall!

6. demonix

demonix Adventurer

No on both questions (season 1 was released as a single set with no LE, and as far as I know there was no stand alone version of season 2 part 1 since it included the box that would contain both parts).

That appears to be correct according to ANN (the release week when the first season was released only shows the LE and no SE probably because there would be a BD release in the future that would be more of a standard edition).

7. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

Wow. Really great work. Scratches a itch I've had for a long time now. One question - is your questions post more of an "outstanding questions" and you'll clear it down as they get answered?

One comment in regards the samurai kings LE question. I can't say for sure about that particular edition but I can say that the Series 2 LE has a space for the series 1 disks to slot in. Worked out well for me as I happily slotted in the UK Manga edition I already had.

8. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

There were two sets of releases for Sengoku Basara Samurai Kings. The first release was split BD and DVD and the LE bonus was just an o-card slipcase (BD UPC 704400088513, not sure about DVD but I think it's the one you cited). Season one was then rereleased as a combo pack with o-card and a different design (UPC 704400088520) to fit inside the season 2 box on your list. Season one was never released as a proper LE on its own.

All five seasons of Hetalia came as LEs with flimsy card slipcases and bandanas.

704400069659 Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series is BD-sized.

R

9. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Thanks for the answers so far, i'll adjust the spreadsheet accordingly. Msgeek yes the questions are "outstanding questions", so things which i'm in doubt about.

But i even bet that something might be missing all together from the list, but together with everybody's input it should get as close to perfect as possible.

10. Just Passing Through

Just Passing Through Guild Member

Just like Shiki, the Part 1 got a LE artbox release to hold part 2 in as well

Still listed on Amazon

11. Emo185

Emo185 Student Council President

Some answers to your questions.

• D.Gray-Man Season 1 Part Two Blu-ray (UPC: 704400069239) was this ever released ?
    - I don't think it was; just like Dragon Ball Z Level 2.1 and 2.2 the item was listed but never released
    • Eureka Seven not sure if there was a separate DVD Limited Editon ?
    - the Limited Edition version was only released on Blu-ray (Part 1 only)
    • Ga-Rei-Zero was there ever a regular Blu-ray only edition (UPC: 704400088834)
    - No; it was a Limited Edition release only; the series was then re-released a few years later as a standard edition BD/DVD Combo Pack
    • Are Hetalia Season 3, 4 and 5 actually Limited Editions ?
    - As far as I recall they were just standard DVD cases in carded sleeve (typical FUNimation packaging)
    • Are there also Limited Editions of Initial D ?
    - As far as I am aware of No
    • Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1 & Season 2 (2 parts) are these also chipboard versions ?
    - No just regular DVDs
    • Was Nabari No Ou released uncomplete, only as Part One ?
    - I believe it was released in two parts but it when OOP quickly and replaced with a complete series set
    • Shangri-La was this is ever actually released as a Limited Edition ?
    - Part 1 was available as Limited Edition (would house Part 2 as well)
    • Shiki, was there a regular Part One released ?[/quote]
    - No; it was only released as a limited edition bundle

12. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Thanks for the additional information Emo185 :thumb:

Have no idea myself, as i never watch my anime with dubs, but i guess there are some FUNimation releases out there which don't have a dub. Is that correct ? And if so, i could also add a column to the spreadsheet to list dub/no-dub information. If there is an interest for that.

13. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Dragon Knight

Part 1 LE: 704400072604
    Part 1 CE: 704400072666 (FUNi store exclusive)
    Part 2 LE: 704400072635
    Part 2 LE+Box: 704400072703

I don't know if it counts as "limited", but there was also a DVD-only version of part one seemingly exclusive to Walmart, UPC 704400072659

Give me pretty much any US release and I can get a UPC for you from somewhere. It's not important for FUNimation releases which are widely distributed and can be added by regular users, but to get limited distribution stuff like Aniplex titles into ANN's database takes some work so I have developed a number of sources and tricks.

Yes: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/sho ... -s-Edition)

Regular DVD: 704400090721
    Limted DVD: 704400090714

It had a box. It was glittery. I do not know how rigid it was.

That the limited edition one, yes (regular was 704400095467, classics is 704400095474)

14. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

I think OniAi is their only BR release with no dub?

More columns could have advantages but if OniAi is currently the odd one out I'd say that doesn't warrant a column of it's own... perhaps region coding would have some value but don't feel obligated.

If you have crazy free time and feel like doing some crazy stuff then the importxml query supported by google docs (https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093342) supposedly has the ability to parse target URL's and retrieve things like prices.... Can't say I've used it myself so don't know what it's like...

15. demonix

demonix Adventurer

As far as I know, the only sub only releases funimation have are OniAi (S.A.V.E Edition is blu-ray only) and the two seasons of puchim@s (DVD only).

16. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

17. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

Panty & Stocking did receive a chipboard LE for Blu-ray and DVD. Both of them didn't have a standard edition until the Anime Classic version was released in September 2014 (as a combo pack).

Fruits Basket also had a chipboard LE for the DVD release (here's an example).

18. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Thanks for all the answers, i'll adjust the spreadsheet ASAP ... but for now it's way too hot over here, and it will even get worser at the end of the week.

BTW i really miss a thank you button here, to add to people's reputation :)

19. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Dragon Knight

20. st_owly

st_owly Guild Member

I have the US release of Panty and Stocking, and it comes with a chipboard box big enough to hold 2 standard DVD boxes.