UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Still not an anime sale per se but another Amazon promotion
[spoilerbutton]
m7MqRGu.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

BlackStrat said:
Still not an anime sale per se but another Amazon promotion

Looks like it can be applied to pre-orders...

Considering Tokyo Ghoul + RWBY Vol 2 to make the £50 mark... but don't know what would happen if the pre-order price guarantee then drops it below the £50 mark....

Maybe I'll use it for 2 pre-orders at £25.25 each... (it's one per customer). Maybe I can find a couple of things that don't look like they will drop further...

Is there a way to add that discount to an existing preorder? I want to add it to my combined Madoka Rebellion and Tokyo Ghoul order but I don't want to loose my Tokyo Ghoul price for £37. If I can't I'll just use it for Full Metal Panic.

Did anyone do the £40 amazon gift card thing to get 10 free? I wonder if that could be combined with this to get £20 off a lull in the sea....? I didn't go for it before and it looks like I'd actually need the cards to use them towards the order...

edit: Ah found the send to email option. Ordered £40 worth. Hopefully they show + an extra 10 shows too before this offer runs out. If it does I'll probably try and (effectively) get £20 off a lull in the sea...

edit2: ah t&c's for the voucher... "The Promo Code may not be combined with any other promotional offer"... Sceptical about that idea working I guess...

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is there a way to add that discount to an existing preorder? I want to add it to my combined Madoka Rebellion and Tokyo Ghoul order but I don't want to loose my Tokyo Ghoul price for £37. If I can't I'll just use it for Full Metal Panic.

T's & C's says new orders only so you'd have to re-order at new price...

msgeek said:
Did anyone do the £40 amazon gift card thing to get 10 free? I wonder if that could be combined with this to get £20 off a lull in the sea....? I didn't go for it before and it looks like I'd actually need the cards to use them towards the order...
I did, but I have already used my code on another pre-order.
Amazon states that
This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or on any pre-existing orders.
so you can't combine them on the same order anyway.

Good spot on the preorders, didn't want to think too hard about what to get my "free" £10 on so just preordered the first part of the Mobile Suit Gundam BD release.

ilmaestro said:
Good spot on the preorders, didn't want to think too hard about what to get my "free" £10 on so just preordered the first part of the Mobile Suit Gundam BD release.

Is that the £10 from the spend over £50 thing?

Aren't we expecting Gundam to drop a fair bit below £60 - I don't know if the voucher would remain applied if it goes down by more than a tenner?

I am 99.9% confident it would. Amazon's customer service is second to none imo and they don't do weird things like that to orders that have already been placed.

msgeek said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

T's & C's says new orders only so you'd have to re-order at new price...

Fair enough. Just knocked £10 of FMP then.

+1 for Gundam.

I now fully expect Amazon's algorithms not to lower the price at all before release date and it to still end up being cheaper from Zavvi.

Having a look at the terms, it doesn't look like there's anything to say it'd be invalid if the pre-order drops the cost below £50. I guess it depends how the automated systems handle it. It does say that it's not valid with other offers and the pre-order price guarantee could be said to be another offer (though it's still listed in the checkout page, so it should still work).

I put it on A Lull in the Sea myself.

in the grand scheme of things, £10 off my latest AL order for October-December isn't worth it, used it to buy some non-anime blu-rays instead.

How does the pre-order price guarantee normally work? I'm worried since it technically wasn't a pre-order at the time I ordered it, since the release date was wrong. I've contacted Amazon but they didn't understand what I was saying. My order is still showing as £139.99 but the price dropped to £136.85 yesterday.

Back