UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

MTW said:
Aion said:
MTW said:
Why do they have to have a sale when i'm broke.

Because you touch yourself at night.

I don't touch myself
I beat myself :eek:

anyway this hmv site better come back on soon.

HMV are most likely putting all £5.99 anime DVD's up to £13.99 as we speak.

Don't worry, HMV will do another sale next year...I'm sure.

Edit: The HMV website is just about working, seems they've been busy decorating the website.

Right i'm not taking the risk, the more i look at those bloody prices, the more it...........agh it actually hurts seeing these prices not being put to good use by my wallet.
Ill pick up the first 4 Evas methinks and then more if/when my ex-boss gets his ass in gear and actually pays me for that week i worked - that he swears i didnt! :evil:
The Elfen Lied is very tempting but the £50 saving on NGE is just......electronic cocaine. If HMV keep this up i might have to start calling them "my dealer", getting the shakes and phoning them up at 3am asking if they've got any gear.

Liquid Skin said:
Right i'm not taking the risk, the more i look at those bloody prices, the more it...........agh it actually hurts seeing these prices not being put to good use by my wallet.
Ill pick up the first 4 Evas methinks and then more if/when my ex-boss gets his ass in gear and actually pays me for that week i worked - that he swears i didnt! :evil:
The Elfen Lied is very tempting but the £50 saving on NGE is just......electronic cocaine. If HMV keep this up i might have to start calling them "my dealer", getting the shakes and phoning them up at 3am asking if they've got any gear.

Have you watched Eva yet? If not, then it's MADNESS not to get them for that price!

Of COURSE! Tsk! :D

And yes i will be getting them, the only reason why i wont be getting all of them at the same time is because my stingy boss is digging his hills in about not paying me for a week. I say he miscalculated and missed one week, he swears he didnt. Oh the perks of a cash in hand job.

The only good thing is im not working for him anymore, its taken a month to get my last paycheck off him and now this :evil:

Liquid Skin said:
Of COURSE! Tsk! :D

And yes i will be getting them, the only reason why i wont be getting all of them at the same time is because my stingy boss is digging his hills in about not paying me for a week. I say he miscalculated and missed one week, he swears he didnt. Oh the perks of a cash in hand job.

The only good thing is im not working for him anymore, its taken a month to get my last paycheck off him and now this :evil:

I'd love to have a cash in hand job. Tell your boss to hire a second anime nerd! Perfect staff.

Get Backers: Season 1
Get Backers: Season 2

At current UK value, you'd pay... something like £75-76 for the entire series, and there isn't any release date set for the box sets over here. £42.58 is the grand total (including P&P) for all 49 episodes in these lovely thinpak sets.

The only problem I have is my CC charging something like 2.75% extra for non-UK orders. Wish I had more CC options...

My Madlax 2-6 order arrived today in one huge box. All sealed, the only minor issue being two of the cases being slightly (as in not something you'd really notice) damaged with 2 small pices of the case inside. Mu only real complaint is my order invoice stating the value of my orders being 0.00...

Stilll annoyed no-one on here bothered to share this with other members when they discovered. It seems someone did on a smaller UK anime board, yet no-one who found this early could be bothered.

Well i cant say anything about the other members but i generally keep my eyes on uk based sites rather than international.

Oh and no you really really wouldn't, 8-5 laborer on a building site? My main job was pulling nails out of wood or cleaning bricks :p

Anyways enough moaning by me hehe, thanks a lot for the link anyway.

My Elfen Lied DVD's arrived today. The bottom right of the 2nd DVD's case (front) had been smashed in, like someone had stamped on it. Decided to exchange the case for see-through white case for another to avoid sending it back and having to wait.

Aion said:
My Elfen Lied DVD's arrived today. The bottom right of the 2nd DVD's case (front) had been smashed in, like someone had stamped on it. Decided to exchange the case for see-through white case for another to avoid sending it back and having to wait.

Urgh bad luck you *pats you on the head with a couple of vectors; taking care not to rip said head off*
I've been surprised at HMV, really good customer service so far, i ordered 4 volumes of EVA on friday and i had a email monday night saying they were out of stock and would let me know the minute they get more stock in.
Not too bad at all since i gave up waiting for Play to restock Lain after 2 weeks with no word.

Anime-on-line have got a clearance area for anyone who's interested: Vampire Princess Miyu is going for £4.99 per volume, a whole £10 cheaper than HMV and Play.

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... 524&page=2

The annoying part for me is that the box was fine; the damage must've been done before HMV sent it. It's also annoying I haven't got any other DVD cases that are quite as see-through as these Elfen Lied cases...

All of my Elfen Lied DVD's had to be ordered, too. HMV sent mine pretty fast after sending me an email to tell me they were ordered and would be sent asap.

Well i just go my first EVA volume today and there was a small dent on the top right of the cardboard box which encloses the DVD. Its nothing at all since i could bump it back out with my thumb if i wanted to but its a bit worrying if this is universal.

Anyways i'm not complaining, what matters is the DVD inside and its not like they spilled paint on it or anything. Here's hoping that this mistreatment - big or small - doesnt continue!

How many Elfen Lied DVDs have come through? Cause you could stagger sending them back - ie watch the first volume, send it back, watch the second etc etc if it is a problem, they cant refuse as you bought a new DVD and companies are responsible for damage during transport.

Aion said:
My Madlax 2-6 order arrived today in one huge box. All sealed, the only minor issue being two of the cases being slightly (as in not something you'd really notice) damaged with 2 small pices of the case inside. Mu only real complaint is my order invoice stating the value of my orders being 0.00...

Stilll annoyed no-one on here bothered to share this with other members when they discovered. It seems someone did on a smaller UK anime board, yet no-one who found this early could be bothered.

This'll probably add to your annoyance but my Madlax 2-6 arrived fom ADV yesterday. While finding space to add them to my shelves I realised that they've actually sent me 2 - 7 - which was nice.

Aion said:
Since I'm such a nice guy, I'm going to share something that will make a fair few people here happy: EVERYTHING IN THE CLEARANCE SECTION AT ADV IS BACK IN STOCK!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

http://www.advfilms.co.uk/acatalog/SPECIAL_OFFERS.html

Haven't even had my last order arrive yet.

HOLY %$£^ thank you thank you thank youfor telling us.
Now do I buy Madlax volume 7 or am I gonna get sent it with my 2-6 order?

Still not gonna bother with Angelic Layer, just doesn't look like my kinda thing.
Mazinkaiser YOUR MINE! (edit: volume 2 out of stock, damn)

Raz23 said:
Aion said:
Since I'm such a nice guy, I'm going to share something that will make a fair few people here happy: EVERYTHING IN THE CLEARANCE SECTION AT ADV IS BACK IN STOCK!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

http://www.advfilms.co.uk/acatalog/SPECIAL_OFFERS.html

Haven't even had my last order arrive yet.

HOLY %$£^ thank you thank you thank youfor telling us.
Now do I buy Madlax volume 7 or am I gonna get sent it with my 2-6 order?

Still not gonna bother with Angelic Layer, just doesn't look like my kinda thing.
Mazinkaiser YOUR MINE! (edit: volume 2 out of stock, damn)

It's a bit worrying if you haven't received your order by now - We ordered on the same day and mine arrived ages ago. ADV never answered any of my emails... Not quite sure how you'd go about getting a replacement or refund from a company with no CS.

I ordered Vol. 1 & 7 of Madlax, 1-7 of Angelic Layer (doesn't look like my thing, but it has good reviews and is hard to resist at these prices) and Vol. 1 of Peacemaker. Didn't bother with Mainkaiser as it sounds way too childish.

Well I did have my email about delivery answered promptly so I'll give it till the end of the week and then email them about it, I was charged for it when I ordered though, seems a stupid way of selling stuff.

I've spent many hour researching multiregion DVD players so I can finally start receiving anime at a decent price (yeah and kill the UK anime industry I know, but seriously who pays £20 per volume), I settled on this nice £40 one which includes a USB port for playing your DivX downloads.
I'll be buying alot of complete collections for about £17 per series here:
http://www13.cd-wow.com/searchresults_d ... ield=anime

Doesn't it make you drool to see prices like that, shows just how much we're being ripped off over here.

ADV do state that they take money even for pre-orders/back-ordered stuff straight away. Good way of running a business when they have no-one answering emails!

The Anime Legends box sets are cheap on every import site, the .hack//SIGN and Wolf's Rain x2 box sets catching my eye on more than one occasion. Haven't ordered any of them because I have no idea what the cheap Anime Legends box sets look like.

Btw, CD-WOW have been pretty **** (or so everyone is saying) since they got into trouble. Most people have issues getting their orders sent at all.

Aion said:
The Anime Legends box sets are cheap on every import site, the .hack//SIGN and Wolf's Rain x2 box sets catching my eye on more than one occasion. Haven't ordered any of them because I have no idea what the cheap Anime Legends box sets look like.
They are M-lock sets. Nothing fancy but have some nice artwork. Well worth the price.

Would you mind taking a few snaps with your digi cam/phone? Need to see how they look with my own eyes before I'll buy. :p

Back