UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Ushio said:
Aion said:
Has anyone received some sort of order confirmation from ADV yet? Did you on your order Ushio?
I'll look...

...just went through my inbox and no sign of any order confirmation. It's a bit unusual, but I think it's normal for ADV. You kind of feel a bit lost with their service, but they come through in the end even if they don't give any warning of the order or its dispatch.

I printed off the receipt as it was issued and I also took down the transaction reference and authorisation code - I think that's your lot, no e-mails required. (they tend to reply their e-mails if anyone wants to check with them)

I didn't get an email confirmation either. I simply saved the receipt to my hard drive and printed it off. The lack of communications is very annoyingly, particuarly given that my order took ten days to arrive.

As for the postage. ADV used to charge it, but they starting waiving it last spring, supposedly as a temporary bonus.

Noratav said:
As for the postage. ADV used to charge it, but they starting waiving it last spring, supposedly as a temporary bonus.

Ah, so they just forgot to update the T&C's.

Raz: It'd probably be best to wait for the upcoming R2 NGE Platinum box set since the box set should only cost £40-50 anyway.

I got an email about Excel Saga yesterday, too. The Gad Guard box set also got reduced to £32.99 at the same time.

HMV have been doing some excellent DVD deals over the last few months, often beating the next nearest prices by £5-10+. They'll become godly in the eyes of UK anime fans if they continue to offer prices like they have been.

Anyway, I must now go. Later!

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Jayme said:
ADV are doing well with these reduced pricing schemes for M-Locks then. Exactly what we wanted.
Indeed, maybe they read the forum. :O

They should communicate with us, like all the company reps do on AnimeOnDVD. I know obviously we're not as big as that forum, or our industry isn't as big... but this is indeed the biggest UK anime forum (supposedly) and there's no reason for them to not do it. Revelation have done it and look where they are now... one of our favourite UK distributors who seem to be doing everything right. ADV really are slow on the uptake here.

Bazza said:
Some good deals at http://www.advfilms.co.uk

£2 each

Angelic Layer vols 1 - 7
Madlax vols 1 - 7

£1 each

Peacemaker vol 1
Mazinkaiser vols 1 - 2

Ah bugger missed out on this, really wanted to get Angelic Layer *Crosses fingers and hopes they get more stock...*

Its a bit of a downer knowing I paid for price for Madlax throughout its release then finding out its a almost been given away 6 months later.

Ah well can only be good for the industry to have good anime at really cheap prices :D

Raz23 said:
eeeeeeee I just got the complete Salaryman Kintaro 5 disc Boxset from the bookshop The Works for £5!, they really are giving anime away at the moment aren't they.
Haha, I don't think you'll be so pleased with that purchase after you've watched it.

Gary the Flying Trollop said:
Raz23 said:
eeeeeeee I just got the complete Salaryman Kintaro 5 disc Boxset from the bookshop The Works for £5!, they really are giving anime away at the moment aren't they.
Haha, I don't think you'll be so pleased with that purchase after you've watched it.

£5ive pooonds, how can i be dissapointed :p
yeah it's pretty old, maybe i'll like it and maybe I wont, but it's definitely worth trying at that price, even rubbish like virus buster serge has it's fans, it's all a matter of personal taste.

If anyone spots Mazinkaiser 1+2 or Madlax 1+7 ever coming back in stock on advfilms.co.uk or any other cheap anime on there please do let me know.

Raz23 said:
If anyone spots Mazinkaiser 1+2 or Madlax 1+7 ever coming back in stock on advfilms.co.uk or any other cheap anime on there please do let me know.

Correction: If anyone spots any other similar £1-2 sales like ADV had going on please do let us know, preferably when most of the stuff is still in stock. Thank you.

HMV has loads of Revelation stuff (FMA, Fruits Basket, Spiral, Gunslinger Girl, etc.) for £9 a volume.

Dunno if they always do, but it's cheapo!

FMA for £9 a volume... Remind me, what's 13 x 9?

You can get the GG box set for £20. And this box set , unlike most, actually contains all 3 full size DVD cases in a nice looking box.

£9 per volume is not cheap, more on the expensive side.

Thanks, was really struggling to work that one out.

I refuse to pay more than £5 for a DVD these days. With anime being the price it usually is, I'll go £1 extra to £6.

Just about all UK anime box sets have been 13-26 episode series. At £117, you're paying £58.50 for 25.5 episodes - That's around £13-18 extra over most UK box set prices, for 0.5 less anime. :p You'd be better off waiting for the *hopefully* 3 x £25-30 box sets.

Gah, ignore my above math skills - I meant £58.50 for 25.5 episodes. Needed to take a dump, so I didn't put much thought into it.

I belive you can pick up all the Hellsing DVDs (4 discs) in that HMV sale for the total of £24, tempting, but I already have so many DVDs arriving soon.

Back