UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

ADV's Shipping And Handling

All good are dispatched using Royal Mail within the UK.

Overseas orders (non-UK) are dispatched using International Airmail. However, we currently do not ship overseas - this store is for UK customers only.

Rates apply as below:

UK: £1.28 + VAT per item ordered
Overseas: £2.13 +VAT per item ordered

Not as cheap as £2 per volume then.

Aion said:
Nooooo, all out of stock. Was gonna order Angelic Layer and Madlax 1-7. :cry:

Damn, I picked a fine day to go back to work :cry: .

Well bought Madlax vol. 2-6 (£10) and two of the £1 films not realising I was paying postage on every item, so instead of it being the £12 it showed in checkout does that mean I'm really paying an extra £1.28 on EVERY item or is it just a single payment of £1.28 for the lot?
Otherwise that makes it an extra £9, what the hell :x so is it really £21, I think I've been ripped off help, how do I cancel my order?

Raz23 said:
Aion said:
Nooooo, all out of stock. Was gonna order Angelic Layer and Madlax 1-7. :cry:

Damn, I picked a fine day to go back to work :cry: .

Well bought Madlax vol. 2-6 (£10) and two of the £1 films not realising I was paying postage on every item, so instead of it being the £12 it showed in checkout does that mean I'm really paying an extra £1.28 on EVERY item or is it just a single payment of £1.28 for the lot?
Otherwise that makes it an extra £9, what the hell :x so is it really £21, I think I've been ripped off help, how do I cancel my order?

I ordered Madlax 2 to 6 (as 1 and 7 were gone) just after dinner today. I was only charged £9.99 even though they are £2 each. It wa kind of complicated though. The DVD's were shown as £1.70 each (£8.50 total) plus £1.49 VAT. I wasn't charged any shipping fees. It does state that they are £2 each delivered in the offers section. They don't seem to bother with e-mail confirmation though but I did print off my order confirmation on completion.

So Raz23, I reckon you won't have been charged any shipping costs at all.

Plus having just gone through the process again I got the same result and volumes 2 to 6 are still available. You can get volume 1 delivered for £4.99 from Play.com. That just leaves number 7 to find on the cheap.

thank you for your help, kind kind person, I'm going out of my head with worry.

just sent an email asking for it to be cancelled if the postage is that much.

It's all very confusing. Why don't they simply show shipping charges along with the item prices? Sneaking the P&P charges into the T&C's isn't what I'd expect from a company as huge as ADV.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning 2-6 are still in stock, I thought everything was out of stock. Saved some pics of the order and ordered.

I'm hopeful that we're going to only be charged £9.99 after seeing this:

Your credit card has been successfully authorised for £9.99.

I got Madlax 1-7 last week from this sale and wasn't charged for postage. I've used their site a couple times in the past and it's never cropped up before either. (unless postage is a new addition or something)

^ Aww, why didn't you let us all know after ordering? :(

I'm very frustrated that I missed out on getting 1-7 for £13.99, volume 7 in particular as it's the latest release. Would've been sweet to get the entire series in seperate cases for so cheap.

Missing out on Angelic Layer doesn't bother me too much - Not really my type. Still, I would've ordered 1-7 at these prices.

Woo might have to buy that Samuria X collection, been after it for quite a while, thanks for posting it. :)

In reply to the ADV delivery confusion, I just got a reply to my email telling me the following:

I can confirm that as part of our summer campaign you have not been charged any shipping costs at all for the 7 DVD's ordered. Your account has therefore been debited with £11.98 for the sale of these DVD's.

YAAAAAAAY! :D

Aion said:
^ Aww, why didn't you let us all know after ordering? :(
Sorry. :oops: *feels guilty*

Madlax 1 is under £5 on both play.com and amazon.co.uk at the minute. Not much luck with volume 7 though (£10.97's the cheapest I've seen on amazon).

If you see it cheap again, I'd recommend Angelic Layer to anyone. It looks cute, but the whole series is one big tournament with decent fighting throughout. (got the set for £30 at the May Expo)

There's a decent sale on at HMV with lots of ADV titles at £5.99 a disc. Titles include Elfen Lied, Full Metal Panic!/? FUMMOFU, Area 88, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Excel Saga, Chrono Crusade, Noir, Rahxephon, Last Exile, Eva Platimun, Hellsing and 1+2 of Chevalier d'Eon!
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/advancedSea ... ailLevel=0

Getting the complete Elfen Lied series for £23.96 (+ 10% QuidCo) is tempting when the box set is so over-priced...

Has anyone received some sort of order confirmation from ADV yet? Did you on your order Ushio?

Just thought I'd let you guys know that my copy of Ghost In The Shell: Sac: Solid State Society, in the exclusive tin box from hmv.co.uk has apparently been despatched already. It's not supposed to be released until 27-8-2007 and although it's great if they really have sent it to me early they've also lowered the price by a £1. Thanks for that HMV you treat your loyal pre-ordering customers so well. :x

Also if you're gonna buy Neon Genesis Evangelion then get them individually off HMV.co.uk as it's only £42 that way (assuming vol. 5 drops soon) and not the rip off £100 platinum box which is exactly the same thing but in annoyingly hard to get to the discs packaging.

Excel Saga Complete 6 Disc Collection £32.99

^ Shame they canceled all pre-orders for the Gantz box set (mis-price) on the day they sent out the pre-orders. :p

Oh, and I've ordered the Elfen Lied DVD's for £5.99 each. Thanks.

Aion said:
Has anyone received some sort of order confirmation from ADV yet? Did you on your order Ushio?
I'll look...

...just went through my inbox and no sign of any order confirmation. It's a bit unusual, but I think it's normal for ADV. You kind of feel a bit lost with their service, but they come through in the end even if they don't give any warning of the order or its dispatch.

I printed off the receipt as it was issued and I also took down the transaction reference and authorisation code - I think that's your lot, no e-mails required. (they tend to reply their e-mails if anyone wants to check with them)

Back