All these are from the HMV sale Ushio mentioned on the other page:

Akira: Ultimate Edition - £4.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next best = £6.99

Chrono Crusade:
Chrono Crusade - Vol.1: A Plague of Demons - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Chrono Crusade - Vol.2: Holy War - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Chrono Crusade - Vol.3: The World, the Flesh and the Devil - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Chrono Crusade - Vol.4: The Devil to Pay - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Chrono Crusade - Vol.5: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Chrono Crusade - Vol.6: Devil's Advocate - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Chrono Crusade - Vol.7: Hellfire - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best = 4 at £9.89, 1 at £9.99 2 at £13.45

Elfen Lied:
Elfen Lied: Volume 1 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Elfen Lied: Volume 2 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Elfen Lied: Volume 3 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Elfen Lied: Volume 4 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

The next best price for all of the above = £13.47

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series:
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.1 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.2 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.3 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.4 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.5 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.6 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Series: Vol.7 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best = 1 at £9.97 (£11.42 inc P&P), 2 at £12.99, 4 at £13.45

Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary Edition (R2, 2-disk) - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next Best = £7.49

Naruto Uncut: Series 1 - Vol.2 Box Set (3 Discs) - £6.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next best price = £7.99

There's more but I'm too tired to make any more lists right now. Will do them later.

Wow, the time you must've put into that list, links and all, must've taken you ages, thank you.

By the way still had nothing arrive from ADV yet, fingers crossed for this week.

Jayme said:
Can someone explain what this QuidCo thing is?

EDIT: I has a vague idea now. A lot of hassle involved. I won't bother.

QuidCo is simple - You enter your bank details and order stuff by going through the QuidCo website, making sure to use a browser you don't normally use to avoid cookie related issues. QuidCo will issue the % shown whenever the store you ordered from pay up. An annual amount of £5 as payment ONLY if you've received £5 in cashbacks.

HMV offer the best cashback, a staggering 10% on DVDs, CDs and games.

Y'know, HMV don't always do the same prices in-store that they do online, my local has totally different prices, plus near to no anime in-stock. There's also the issue of just about all the good stuff in the sale being on order; HMV obviously didn't keep much stock due to no-one buying before the sale.

I dont even have one near me, the best i've got is hideously overpriced and understocked Virgin. All they sell is GITS and Ghibli films.
I've had nothing but good things from HMV when i've bought from them, I gave up waiting for Play to restock after 2 weeks and bought from Anime-on-line instead.
At the end of the day they have a sale, i don't care how they got to have one, i'm happy :D

Ah, I thought you meant you were intendimg to buy them all in-store when you said you were going to buying some DVD's tomorrow.

Continuing from my last list of HMV bargains...

Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 01 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 02 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 03 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 04 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 05 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 06 - £7.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic! - Mission 07 - £7.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best = £13.99 for 4 out of the 7, £13.47 for Vol. 7.

Find-DVD hasn't got Vol. 4 or Vol. 6 listed and DVD PriceCheck is too **** to check with. But, going on the other prices, there's a 99.9% chance they have the same £5 and £7 price gap all the other volumes do.

Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU
Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU: Vol.1 - Full Metal Pandemonium -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU: Vol.2 - Full Metal Fracas! -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU: Vol.3 - Full Metal Fervor! -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU: Vol.4 - Full Metal Mania! -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best = £7.82 for Vol. 1, £9.89 for the other 3.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next best = £7.99

Gungrave: Vol.1 - Beyond the Grave - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next best = £9.49

Hellsing
Hellsing - Vol. 1: Impure Souls -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Hellsing - Vol. 2: Blood Brothers -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Hellsing - Vol. 3: Search And Destroy -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Hellsing - Vol. 4: Eternal Damnation -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best: £7.97 + £1.45 delivery for Vol. 1&2, £7.99 for Vol. 3 and £8.97 + £1.45 delivery for Vol. 4.

Keep in mind that the best price for the Hellsing box set is currently £36.25.

Last Exile
Last Exile: Vol.1 - First Move -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Last Exile: Vol.2 - Positional Play -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Last Exile: Vol.3 - Discovered Attack -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Last Exile: Vol.4 - Breakthrough -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Last Exile: Vol.5 - Grand Stream -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Last Exile: Vol.6 - Queen Delphine -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Last Exile: Vol.7 - Sealed Move -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best = £9.97 + £1.45 delivery for Vol. 1, 6 and 7 and £9.99 for the others.

Buying all 7 volumes works out cheaper than buying the (presumably) crappy M-lock box set.

Le Chevalier D'Eon
Le Chevalier D'Eon: Vol.1 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Le Chevalier D'Eon: Vol.2 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best: £13.47 (both)

Rahxephon - Vol. 5: Synaesthesia -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Rahxephon - The Motion Picture -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best: £13.47 (both)

Read or Die - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Read or Die: Vol. 1 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Read or Die: Vol. 2 - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo

Next best = £7.99 for the movie and £11.97 + £1.45 for Vol. 2.

Vol. 1 isn't listed on Find-DVD. There's a pretty high chance HMV will have the best price by some distance going on the price of Vol. 2, but you might want to check for yourself.

Trigun: Vol.1 - The Sixty Billion Double Dollar Man -- £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next best = £9.99

Vampire Hunter D - £5.99 + 10% QuidCo
Next best = £7.99

God, I feel drained after doing that. Never again! :evil:

I'd just like to mention that HMV are also selling all of Excel Saga for £5.99 each. Didn't list those since the (presumably) M-lock box set is currently cheaper to buy at £32.99, which unsurprisingly is another HMV deal.

All these huge differences in prices conclusively prove 3 things:

1: Anime is retardly over-priced in the UK. There can be no argument when HMV have so much anime lower in price than other stores all at once.

2: HMV are trying to become the UK anime retailer. They'd be godly in my mind if they hadn't cancelled the Gantz box set mis-price on the very last day, somewhere between 1-2 months after ordering.

3: Only the rich and/or stupid are buying anime at the usual prices.

Sy said:
I think I might go for Hellsing. It's crap I know but there's something about it that I like...

I didn't think it was crap. Although the manga is much better. The anime just needed a better ending and final boss man. Well IMO anyway.

Aion said:
All these huge differences in prices conclusively prove 3 things:

1: Anime is retardly over-priced in the UK. There can be no argument when HMV have so much anime lower in price than other stores all at once.

2: HMV are trying to become the UK anime retailer. They'd be godly in my mind if they hadn't cancelled the Gantz box set mis-price on the very last day, somewhere between 1-2 months after ordering.

3: Only the rich and/or stupid are buying anime at the usual prices.

I agree firmly with points 2 & 3, but in response to 1. For HMV to be charging prices like these, they have to be getting massive discounts from the distributors, normally anime DVDs wholesale for a lot more than £5.99. The fact that no one else is charging prices like this indicates to me that only HMV are getting these discounts, presumably because they're a major retail chain whereas most of the their competitors aren't, in retail size matters. Besides outside of Preorders and sale prices HMV are not the cheapest.

Secondly, what's going on with those prices for Chevalier?

HMV is down for the moment :(

I think its a sale so i would have thought they'd go back up in price eventually but i dont have the foggiest to be honest, thats just a shot in the dark.
If they'd be so kind as to let us know when it goes back up in price that would be just beautiful (since i have next to no money at the mo) but its very unlikely....

Jayme: The 2 I listed are the only bargains out of the Rahxephon selection since Amazon have all others aside from Vol. 5, which HMV don't have listed, for £4.97 each.

Not really many of my A-list anime included in this. NGE is my only real interest outside of the already ordered Elfen Lied, but NGE is like the Star Wars of the anime world - Released so many times that by the time you buy one version another 'Special Edition' or box set is just around the corner.

.hack//SIGN, Berserk, Get Backers, Wolf's Rain... Those are the series I'd love to get for £5.99 each. Might have a long wait, for Berserk in particular as Vol. 1 isn't even out over here yet.

Noratav said:
I agree firmly with points 2 & 3, but in response to 1. For HMV to be charging prices like these, they have to be getting massive discounts from the distributors, normally anime DVDs wholesale for a lot more than £5.99. The fact that no one else is charging prices like this indicates to me that only HMV are getting these discounts, presumably because they're a major retail chain whereas most of the their competitors aren't, in retail size matters. Besides outside of Preorders and sale prices HMV are not the cheapest.

Secondly, what's going on with those prices for Chevalier?

You're right, they must be getting serious discounts since just about everything in this sale is on order. Didn't put much thought into it - They wouldn't have suddenly tried to get rid of stock they didn't have, so it can't be a stock clearance sale.

Never watched Chevalier, the name reminds me of Blood+. Only just noticed they only recently came out... Very strange for newly released anime DVD's to be sold that cheap.

Back