UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

GreenTango said:
Gratz Collection listed on HMV for £11.99 (HMV Link), i assume this refers to the Boxset listed else where? if so i guess this is mis-priced.

Theres not much detail on the item so please correct me if i am wrong, Thanks

You are amazing, thank you so much for finding this, HMV always honour there missprices aswell. The last one was the SHE the ultimate weapon box for £10 a while ago, great series that.

Raz23 said:
GreenTango said:
Gratz Collection listed on HMV for £11.99 (HMV Link), i assume this refers to the Boxset listed else where? if so i guess this is mis-priced.

You are amazing, thank you so much for finding this, HMV always honour there missprices aswell. The last one was the SHE the ultimate weapon box for £10 a while ago, great series that.

Do they actually respect them then?????

WOW, thanks, i might have to buy this then.

Is it a thin pack?

Jayme said:
Raz23 said:
GreenTango said:

Do they actually respect them then?????

WOW, thanks, i might have to buy this then.

Is it a thin pack?

Well I'm hoping they'll let this one go through, they could always cancel our orders before release but they didn't with she the ultimate weapon. So I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and as long as too many people don't order it I think we're in with a good chance.

Ordered the Gantz box set just after the mis-price thanks to my Find-DVD watchlist. HMV look like they're going to honour this, unlike Play (Trigun box set) and SendIt (Samurai Champloo box set).

Anyway! Posted this about 6-7 days ago on HUKD. Didn't know about there being an anime bargain thread here!

Dai Guard: The Complete Collection - £17.99 (RRP: 59.99):
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3275824/ ... oduct.html

The next best price is £41.49 (gotta love rip-off Britain...) and, as far as I know, only Play have ever gone below that. It isn't a mis-price because it was mis-priced at £17.99 when it was still on pre-order by Play, before going back up... There's little to no chance of Play making the exact same mistake twice! Play are simply trying to get rid of an item no-one will buy for £40+.

Mine was sent on Friday, will let you know what I think about it! ;)

£14.99 is actually a good price for this box set in the UK market.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days = £11.99
Voices of a Distant Star = £11.99

That's the UK for you; the best price for something lasting 25 minutes being £11.99.

Link

Note: There are 2 discs. HMV always list the item as having only 1 disc pre-release when they don't know much about it.

Yup, £14.99 was the best price when I posted the other day. HMV have now dropped to £11.99 (+10% off) with all the other stores dropping to around £14.99. Can't see it dropping any lower than this for AGES.

The price for the two DVD's included in this box set (Voices of a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days) sell separately for £11.99. The current next best best price this box set is £14.97.

ordered.gif

Bargains discovered from my trip into town.

Buy four volumes of FMA at Virgin and get a free tin (I think it's the third American one).

HMV have all Ghibli films bar GOTF at £7. Spirited Away is £5. I finished my collection =D

*edit* and they're all £5.99 on play.com, for those who like the internet.

Lupus Inu said:
Espy said:
Buy four volumes of FMA at Virgin and get a free tin (I think it's the third American one).

OH SNAP! I only need the last four volumes to finish the series, might buy that.

Oh man I was contemplating spending over £50 for that tin box with 4 volumes of FMA included, makes me wish we had a virgin megastores on my island.

Espy said:
Bargains discovered from my trip into town.

HMV have all Ghibli films bar GOTF at £7. Spirited Away is £5. I finished my collection =D

*edit* and they're all £5.99 on play.com, for those who like the internet.

Argh im far too tempted to just gorge on ghibli, especially since my best mate took my limited collection with her to zambia :cry:
Raz23 said:
Lupus Inu said:
Espy said:

OH SNAP! I only need the last four volumes to finish the series, might buy that.

Oh man I was contemplating spending over £50 for that tin box with 4 volumes of FMA included, makes me wish we had a virgin megastores on my island.

Ooo i dont suppose any of you know when the full box set of FMA is coming out over here? Would this be the best time to get the collection price/time wise d'ya think?

Liquid Skin said:
Ooo i dont suppose any of you know when the full box set of FMA is coming out over here? Would this be the best time to get the collection price/time wise d'ya think?

Well. . .Not price wise, since Play.com have put there prices on the early volumes back up to full price.

They were about £7 and now about £12. :(

Jayme said:
Liquid Skin said:

Well. . .Not price wise, since Play.com have put there prices on the early volumes back up to full price.

Gah, shame.

Ah well, i really shouldnt buy another box set for a while anyway, especially FMA which they'll no doubt charge an arm and a leg for. I know its value in the long run but damn, i suppose the box set will be around £50 if they decide to be nice and £70 if they're nasty.

Play are having yet another sale btw, had a brief look but its all the usual suspects it seems.

Liquid Skin said:
Jayme said:
Liquid Skin said:

Gah, shame.

Ah well, i really shouldnt buy another box set for a while anyway, especially FMA which they'll no doubt charge an arm and a leg for. I know its value in the long run but damn, i suppose the box set will be around £50 if they decide to be nice and £70 if they're nasty.

Play are having yet another sale btw, had a brief look but its all the usual suspects it seems.

£70 is would be way to cheap, considering thing like Neon Genesis Evangelion (26 episodes) is around the same price mark.
And others like Hellsing (13 episodes) is around £50.

For FMA i am thinking for a complete box set, somewhere around £120 all in all, they will probably release in 'collections' of episodes though.

Surprised no-one is interested in getting the Shinkai box set for £11.99 (+10% off)... The best for both VoaDS and TPPiOAD separately is £11.99.
------

The NGE box set costs £70ish because it is a limited edition box set designed to rip-off people.

Nearly every 26 episode series box set costs £40-50. Going on that, the FMA box set will cost £80-90.

Jayme said:
Liquid Skin said:

Play have put their prices for FMA back up, but a lot of sites are still selling FMA for under £10. The cheapest is sendit.com, who charging £7.89 each, and that offer includes the later volumes too.

Jayme said:
Liquid Skin said:
Jayme said:
Liquid Skin said:

Gah, shame.

£70 is would be way to cheap, considering thing like Neon Genesis Evangelion (26 episodes) is around the same price mark.
And others like Hellsing (13 episodes) is around £50.

For FMA i am thinking for a complete box set, somewhere around £120 all in all, they will probably release in 'collections' of episodes though.

True true but ya never know, SAC goes for about £25 and thats 26 eps. Its not as if its a "unwanted, unknown" anime or anything. I've been really pleased with IG/Manga in that account, they could have made a killing off of GITS but they've kept their cool and given us a amazing series at a marked down price.

The R1 releases of the FMA collections is very good. There will be 3 collections, each RRP is $50, £25, with DVD Pacifics reductions it's £14.20.
Revalation will follow suit at some point, and as they do individual volumes RRP at £15 and not £20, I expect we will see these collections very reasonably priced.

EDIT: Keep checking here:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3323879/ ... oduct.html

Back