UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Lutga said:
My card is always declined on the Anime Online store :-( Some kind of ASV error?

Assuming it means an AVS error, do the numbers in the first line of the address and the postcode match the ones on your card's statements (i.e. your house number and the numerical part of the postcode)?

R

Rui said:
Lutga said:
My card is always declined on the Anime Online store :-( Some kind of ASV error?

Assuming it means an AVS error, do the numbers in the first line of the address and the postcode match the ones on your card's statements (i.e. your house number and the numerical part of the postcode)?

R

Ahh, good point - I usually try and get it delivered to my work address. But surely that wouldn't cause an error?

ilmaestro said:
Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
No paypal option? What is this, 2005?
Or 2014. I paid with Paypal last week.
Oh. Lutga can just use that then, no sympathy. :p

I don't think I've used Paypal in about five years, ha - since I stopped binge spending on Ebay for my music collection (the dark days...)

I might have to set up a new account.

Lutga said:
Rui said:
Lutga said:

R

Ahh, good point - I usually try and get it delivered to my work address. But surely that wouldn't cause an error?

Many stores disable the AVS check but I imagine that Anime On-Line is more stringent ever since the embarrassment of their big hack. Can you specify your billing and shipping addresses separately? That should fix it.

R

st_owly said:
I always pay with Paypal since the great AoL website hack a couple of years back.

Same here

I tend to use Paypal if it's given as an option, as it is (in theory) more secure as the company don't get your details to lose in a hack attack.

After being at a reduced price for quite a while, it looks like Code Geass season 1 is now out of print on both Blu Ray and DVD? Will be interesting to hear an answer from Manga UK re. that and whether it's just a temporary thing (like what happened with Persona 4)

Code Geass season 2 seems to be still available for the time being - so might be worth picking that up if you haven't already in case it goes out of print too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... de%20geass

Just yesterday Amazon were claiming that more stock was coming on August 22, so I finally decided to order it. No sign of that now though so I wonder if it will be fulfilled?

I still haven't seen Code Geass, but I do intend to rectify that. Worse comes to worse I'll wait and see what Funimation do when they get round to their re-release.

Yukifan said:
I'm not entirely sure if it would count as a 'sale' but I've found Wolf's Rain Anime Legends for £17.98 on Play.com http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1253...in-Complete-Anime-Legends/ListingDetails.html. Considering it's out of print (and I paid £25 for it when it was in print) this seems like a pretty good price. There's only one in stock so I'd hurry if you want it.

Thanks a lot! Surprised it didn't go sooner. I used to own it but someone borrowed it and never gave it back, been after a copy ever since but the prices were always off putting.

serpantino said:
Yukifan said:
I'm not entirely sure if it would count as a 'sale' but I've found Wolf's Rain Anime Legends for £17.98 on Play.com http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1253...in-Complete-Anime-Legends/ListingDetails.html. Considering it's out of print (and I paid £25 for it when it was in print) this seems like a pretty good price. There's only one in stock so I'd hurry if you want it.

Thanks a lot! Surprised it didn't go sooner. I used to own it but someone borrowed it and never gave it back, been after a copy ever since but the prices were always off putting.

Your Welcome! I'm glad I managed to help.

United Publications have some neat deals for Blu-ray anime (US):

P&P not included.

Baka & Test: Special OVA Collection - Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Region: A B | 1 2 4)
£11.54 (USA) £13.92 (UK)
NOTE: Funimation will be discontinuing the Blu-ray version for the Baka & Test series (so far at least), if you haven't got the OVA episodes I advise you buy them immediately.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia: Complete Collection - Blu-ray (Region: A B)
£26.45 (USA) £31.96 (UK)

Psycho Pass: Season 1, Part 1 - Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Region: A B | 1 2 4)
£21.44 (USA) £26.40 (UK)

Robotics;Notes: Part 1 - Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Region: A B | 1 2 4)
£19.49 (USA) £22.00 (UK)

In addition, Funimation have reduced the MSRP prices for the following:
Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker - Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Region: A B | 1 4)
Level E: Complete Series - Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Region: A | 1)
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions: Complete Series - Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Region: A B | 1 2 4)

Back