UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

VoxPhantom said:
It'll be interesting to see if Zavvi honour that pricing mistake. They cancelled my order for the mispriced second Fairy Tail BD collection. (£9.99 instead of £29.99 IIRC)
BUT they honored the High School DxD pricing mistake...

My theory behind this is that the chances of a pricing mistake being caught when the discount is less than 60% of the SRP is rather low.
Why you ask? Zavvi have an ongoing action where they promise pre-order discounts up to 60%.

With a SRP of £29.99 the 60% mark is £12... And it's being sold at £12.99, so I reckon it pretty plausible it will "pass" the system.

The discount for the faulty Fairy Tail collection 2 BD was 75%, that was over the "up to 60%" they promote.

reborn said:
Was considering ordering Accel World for that price. :(
Maybe they won't change the price when they get more stock. ^_^

reborn said:
Too bad it's not on Blu-ray, without disc count on the spine.

Just Passing Through said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
reborn said:
Speed Grapher is the new DOTW at £9.99.
Is it any good and worth getting? Looks quite interesting
Yes and yes...

Don't let this one slip if you like a more adult themed story.
Well, I ordered it just before the DOLW went down partly thanks to that what you said there. ;P ^_^

mangaman74 said:
Dannielle said:
All over that Neko. Gonna move my base order over to zavvi.

AW part 1 is out of stock now :( Bummer but put a order in for the second part.

Sorry I must have just pipped you to one of the last Part 1s since I ordered it around 11.40 today and it is listed as processing (and the cancel button has disappeared meaning it must be due to go out soon).

I also preorder Part 2 while I was there. I figured if there was a complete collection it might not be as cheap as this anyway - this works out at £25.98 while complete collections for Toradora and Bodacious Space Pirates are around £35 on Zavvi.

Curse youuuuuu.

Interesting deals on Base.com:

2001 Nights: Funihiko Sori's TO - OVA Collection (Blu-ray) - £8.99
Akira - Film (Blu-ray) - £5.69
Angel Beats! - Complete Series (Blu-ray) - £17.99
Blood-C - Complete Series (Blu-ray) - £12.49
Blood-C: The Last Dark - Film (Blu-ray) - £8.99
Blue Exorcist: The Movie - Film: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD) - £12.99
Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic - Film (Blu-ray) - £7.29
Dead Space: Downfall - Film (Blu-ray) - £5.69
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 - Film (Blu-ray) - £5.39
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - Film (Blu-ray) - £5.69
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society - Film (Blu-ray/DVD) - £9.79
Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai - Film (Blu-ray) - £11.49
Origin: Spirits of the Past - Film (Blu-ray) - £5.69
Redline - Film: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD) - £7.99
Summer Wars - Film (Blu-ray) - £11.09
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - Film (Blu-ray) - £3.99
The Sky Crawlers - Film (Blu-ray) - £5.69
Welcome to the Space Show - Film (Blu-ray/DVD) - £7.99

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Blood C for £13. Tempting. Very tempting. Hopefully it still the same price next week (get paid).
You can normally pick up Blood C for around £12 - £13 price point from play or zavvi any day of the week. If I was a betting man I'd say sales wise it's bombed hard :(

Pokemon with credit cards. Great animation, interesting concept, but I felt it had too much crammed into just 11 episodes, and needed 2-cours to really breathe and develop its ideas.

Jon O Fun said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
Blood C for £13. Tempting. Very tempting. Hopefully it still the same price next week (get paid).
You can normally pick up Blood C for around £12 - £13 price point from play or zavvi any day of the week. If I was a betting man I'd say sales wise it's bombed hard :(
I keep forgetting about Zavvi & Play lol

Man, I can't remember the last time Amazon had some decent deals for Anime. Shame since student membership gives me free prime delivery & 5% off books, DVD' s and Cloths.

Anyway turns out I got paid Yesterday :) should cover Fairy Tail Part 11 next week too(fingers crossed it isn't region locked!)

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Anyway turns out I got paid Yesterday :) should cover Fairy Tail Part 11 next week too(fingers crossed it isn't region locked!)

Looks like you'll be the first to test it out, I've heard nothing on what the back cover looks like. Fingers crossed the region info on the site was a typo.

NormanicGrav said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:

Looks like you'll be the first to test it out, I've heard nothing on what the back cover looks like. Fingers crossed the region info on the site was a typo.
Yeah, UP1 since part 7 have been shipping FT a week early, so I was hoping this trend would continue lol next week it is!

Anyway Steins;gate complete series, Blu-ray £20 from CeX:
https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=50 ... 77PhPldX8c
No artwork and it is headlined under "Blu-Ray TV & Documentary" instead of Anime.
shipping on CeX is "£2.50 per total order" if any is interested.

Deal of the week is Berserk. Not up at Anime-On-Line yet though.

Also, they're doing the DVD of Bakemonogatari Part 1 for £7.99 still at Play.

EDIT:
Now up @ Anime-On-Line.

Elaniel said:
Deal of the week is Berserk. Not up at Anime-On-Line yet though.

Also, they're doing the DVD of Bakemonogatari Part 1 for £7.99 still at Play.
For some weird reason I always seem to get an e-mail about DOTW and it's always the week before's DOTW like it hasn't updated. But going to buy Berserk now been waiting for it to come on DOTW for months.

I was in Fopp in Edinburgh today and picked up Perfect Blue Collectors Edition Blu-Ray for £14. Seemed like quite a good deal to me.

Back