UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Heh. They just sent me the same BS email again. Ahh well, it really was too good to be true. I have a 5% Amazon discount, but not sure I can wait till June. Might just bite my tongue and order from up1.

Student discounts rules on Amazon :)

Kite said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
Heh. They just sent me the same BS email again. Ahh well, it really was too good to be true. I have a 5% Amazon discount, but not sure I can wait till June. Might just bite my tongue and order from up1.

Student discounts rules on Amazon :)

100% they rule lol even if it's as little as 5% , in the long run I've saved £20-30 so far. Shame they don't apply to orders fullfiled by Amazon.

demonix said:
mangaman74 said:
Y2Johnny said:
AOL's DOTW is Mayo Chiki! Complete Collection for £9,99.

I was thinking of getting the Sentai blu-ray eventually, but for this price... I'll buy this one instead.

Considering the show and the price I think I willl get this dotw rather than the Sentai bd.
The timing on the subtitles in any BD version released by sentai would be a lot better then the UK DVD version, and it'll have a dub.
Thanks for the tip. I thought there had been issues with the UK release but I couldn't remember what they were. I have since cancelled my order - just in time to as I have a refund email today but no email saying it had been sent out (when I tried to cancel it, the order was being processed but I sent them an email anyway).

st_owly said:
Works fine for me I'm afraid :S

What browser do you use? I use Chrome and I already tried it in Firefox as well, and got the same result... Only banners without anything else (for instance, when I click the Anime link, there are banners for Manga, Bleach, Manga on Blu-ray, Naruto and Dragonball Z; if I click any of those, I only get a banner without anything else, e.g.: I click on Manga, I get an Akira banner, and that's it. I click on Manga on Blu-Ray, I get a banner featuring Blue Exorcist, and that's it). Play.com has always been like that for me, I really don't know why, I can't browse anything (or nearly anything); if I don't know a specific product I'm looking for, I'm screwed.

st_owly said:
1 day deals at Play.com

I just got Summer Wars for £3.49, but probably the best deal is FMA Brotherhood for £19.99.

Checked the link and ordered Hellsing Ultimate Part 1-4 on Blu-ray for £16.99. That's the cheapest I have seen it.

None of the other Anime deals are worth it for me as they are DVD.

Y2Johnny said:
What browser do you use? I use Chrome and I already tried it in Firefox as well, and got the same result

Worked fine for me with Firefox.

This is what I get, whatever browser I use. (in spoiler tags because of the size)

screenshot.jpg

That's it. Nothing else. No clickable links, nothing.

My page looked like that but you could scroll down past that banner and that's where the links were. I found the original link on MangaUK's Facebook page; try following it from there? Try clearing your browser cache as well. Do you have any script blockers running?

st_owly said:
My page looked like that but you could scroll down past that banner and that's where the links were. I found the original link on MangaUK's Facebook page; try following it from there? Try clearing your browser cache as well. Do you have any script blockers running?

Nope, I don't have anything like that, and I also cleaned the browser cache (I even installed Opera to try to access it, and it still just showed that page with a completely empty cache), and following it from MangaUK's facebook page also did nothing. Ah well, probably nothing that interested me there either...

:cry:

Back