UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Kite said:

Time to give my post office card a little work-out paying in Canadian dollars (£9.20 paying in dollars compared to £9.60 with Amazon converting to pounds)

Do you think it's best to order 1 set, wait 5-10 minutes to order another set to make sure they come separately to come under the VAT radar?

I ordered 2 then another 2 then 3. all came separately packed so no customs fees! :)

I've ordered the 4 box-sets I'm missing, one at a time, so hopefully they won't come in one parcel.

Anyway, the wait is on to see when they arrive

Indeed I too was very impressed at the delivery speed! I have my eye on them now for any more bargains.

Seems like the sets are $10.99 each now, still a great price.

And as they are in nice standard DVD cases, I'm replacing my existing season 1, 2 & 7 'large' sets. Volume 7 probably first as it's in a rubbish state.

UP1 have a few things on special.

Horizon On the Middle Of Nowhere Series 1, DVD £11, BD £15.05
Horizon On the Middle Of Nowhere Series 2, DVD £11, BD £15.05
High School DxD Complete Series (US Version) £26.40

Prices exclude the postage. There are a few more on special. Click on recent changes on the left and have a look through.

Emulsion said:
UP1 have a few things on special.

Horizon On the Middle Of Nowhere Series 1, DVD £11, BD £15.05
Horizon On the Middle Of Nowhere Series 2, DVD £11, BD £15.05
High School DxD Complete Series (US Version) £26.40

Prices exclude the postage. There are a few more on special. Click on recent changes on the left and have a look through.

Thanks for that, picked up the Horizon Blu-Rays and cancelled my complete set pre-order (both same price in total).

If a third season ever gets made it will help my OCD. (I'd hate to have 1&2 in a set and any future seasons separate.)

Is Horizon in the middle of nowhere worth a watch then?

Will have to check what my preorder for High School DXD costs as I might cancel it and get the US version from UP1 :)

That the one that was accidentally available on Crunchyroll for only one episode wasn't it?
That first episode made no sense at all, but I know at least one person who is very fond of the series.

Can't complain about the speed of delivery from Amazon Canada, ordered on Wednesday evening, delivered today. If that is the standard international delivery, how fast does the more pricey options come?

-Danielle- said:
Is Horizon in the middle of nowhere worth a watch then?

Will have to check what my preorder for High School DXD costs as I might cancel it and get the US version from UP1 :)

I enjoyed it, kinda a bewildering number of characters so season 1 was a little rough but as they finally gave each of them some screen time by the end of season 2. Surprisingly the lead characters don't feature super heavily, which may be aswell given one is naked 90% of the time (and no one seems to mind/care).

The real downside would seem to be the fact it's basically the opening few books of a longer series that looks at this time like it'll never get finished in Anime form.

--

I'd strongly suspect the UP1 price on High School DXD is competitive with the Amazon. I've noticed they have dropped a few other titles in price, likely with the intent that it'll shift them prior to the full series' being released.

That's ridiculously cheap for such a new release. Bombed?

Amazon also have Princess Jellyfish BD + DVD for $22.98, which for me came out as just below the customs threshold at £14-something. That's just under £19 with shipping. There was no regular edition released for this title, so it will include the art box. Only 13 copies left at the time of typing.

Back