UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I've always meant to pick up Code Geass but the high prices have put me off. Didn't they re-print Season 1 too? Anyway, will pick up Season 2 when it's so cheap and probably buy Season 1 later down the line.

http://www.tokyofantasy.com/ have got 40% off all their stock.

When I got the e-mail yesterday I thought I'd been spammed but I now realise they are the company I bought my 1st Nendoroid off of back in 2011. They are kinda odd in that they have stock at normal prices of things that should technically be sold out, guess they are kinda low profile.

Seems play.com allows some sellers to charge postage now, so it's £9.99 plus £1 for postage. £9.99 from the AOL site itself

The Rideback Blu-ray/DVD combo from Funimation appears to have hit the SAVE line. The RE is down to $34.98 RRP at Funimation, which means that UP1USA are stocking the re-release for a tad under £16. Time to ditch the Manga discs!

Just Passing Through said:
The Rideback Blu-ray/DVD combo from Funimation appears to have hit the SAVE line. The RE is down to $34.98 RRP at Funimation, which means that UP1USA are stocking the re-release for a tad under £16. Time to ditch the Manga discs!

This is great news, I skipped the Rideback LE release because it wasn't a proper LE release (yeah it had an artbox but it's basically the standard set with a filler box for the key chain) so I might as well pick this up some point when it's on Immediate Delivery mode.

NormanicGrav said:
Just Passing Through said:

This is great news, I skipped the Rideback LE release because it wasn't a proper LE release (yeah it had an artbox but it's basically the standard set with a filler box for the key chain) so I might as well pick this up some point when it's on Immediate Delivery mode.

I've lumped it in with my Shiki pre-order. Another show I'm upgrading to Blu. Although I'm not upgrading Another. If you get what I mean.

Agent-347 said:
Anime Limited's newly launched shop has a DEAL OF THE MONTH!

Their first Deal of the Month is Tiger & Bunny The Beginning for only £14.99 instead of £24.99. (SRP is £34.99)

OH FFS, I just bought the film recently.

However, this is what I was hoping they would do at some point (have a shopping section, like Funimation's site).

tried buying it a minute ago and shipping is £10 (only heavy goods shipping available), so its still £24.99. Hoping someones forgot to press a button somewhere...

Jon O Fun said:
tried buying it a minute ago and shipping is £10 (only heavy goods shipping available), so its still £24.99. Hoping someones forgot to press a button somewhere...

Just found exactly the same thing, I was ready to bite on it for £14.99 (seeing as it's really the only AL BD property I don't have and didn't really have any inclination towards buying)

oh Anime Limited replied to my facebook comment and its a mistake :) so if the shipping is cheaper the site also has Durarara!! for £44.99 for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet :p

My pre order of Durarara!!! on Amazon is a lot cheaper than that. Like in the £30 range. That's for normal DVD though, not BluRay so I duno :p

I haven't found a decent bargain of anything I'd want since my last haul where I ordered Freezing, Sekirei, High School Of The Dead, High School DxD etc :(

I'm hoping Attack On Titan will go down in price as £16.99 per part is a bit much for me. Saying that they'll prob get sold out at the price so eugh.

Maybe she cant spend that much at the moment, maybe she thinks its too much actually.

I dont mean to start a war or anything but its because of people thinking that paying £16-20 for half a dvd series its too much that the uk market has a few problems to say the least. I, like a lot of people here, were from the time where we would buy 1 dvd for £20 with 4 freaking episodes, now thats was expensive. Nowadays... its too damn cheap overall.

bakum4tsu said:
Maybe she cant spend that much at the moment, maybe she thinks its too much actually.

I dont mean to start a war or anything but its because of people thinking that paying £16-20 for half a dvd series its too much that the uk market has a few problems to say the least. I, like a lot of people here, were from the time where we would buy 1 dvd for £20 with 4 freaking episodes, now thats was expensive. Nowadays... its too damn cheap overall.

I've got a stack of video's here with 2 episodes on each that cost me £12-14 each

£30 rrp, knocked down to £22-25 on Amazon is more than reasonable for any given show and I wish people like Manga would try and stick to some semblance of a pricing strategy as they really are to blame for people being unwilling to pay more than a token amount with all their rapid price drops.

Back