UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Just Passing Through said:
If you're into live action adaptations of manga then Third Window Films have some titles worth exploring on their new online shop like Himizu, Kamikaze Girls, Dasepo Naughty Girls, Villain, Kakera, and more

DVDs £5 Blu-rays £10

Thanks for this!

I love 'Kamikaze Girls'! I also watched 'Turtles are Surprisingly Bad Swimmers' which was ok, but a bit too random at points and the infamous 'Confessions' which I thought was way overhyped.

Looking to get 'Memories of Matsuko', it sounds like my type of film by the description. :D

neptune2venus said:
Just Passing Through said:
If you're into live action adaptations of manga then Third Window Films have some titles worth exploring on their new online shop like Himizu, Kamikaze Girls, Dasepo Naughty Girls, Villain, Kakera, and more

DVDs £5 Blu-rays £10

Thanks for this!

I love 'Kamikaze Girls'! I also watched 'Turtles are Surprisingly Bad Swimmers' which was ok, but a bit too random at points and the infamous 'Confessions' which I thought was way overhyped.

Looking to get 'Memories of Matsuko', it sounds like my type of film by the description. :D

Satoshi Miki is an acquired taste, but I love his movies for the randomness, Turtles is his 'weakest' film, relatively speaking. Instant Swamp just ups the insanity, but Adrift in Tokyo has the randomness bound into a narrative structure, with characters with emotional weight. It's my fave of his movies.

Reposting from temporary forum:

mangaman74 said:
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/product.php?productid=21794&cat=0&page=1

Shakugan No Shana Complete Collection DVD - £9.99 this week at AOL.

stuart-says-yes said:
Well, I am semi-curious, so £10 isn't something I can complain about. With any luck it does turn out to be rather good. It's just a shame I have so much backlogged already.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Dannielle said:
For some reason .. Rosario & Vampire 2 is £8 on Amazon .. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosario-Vampire ... Z2BUIIOWMT
It looks as though they're dozily matching HMV's misprice (which they haven't noticed yet). I dunno, man, even for eight quid I'm not sure I could do it...

Looks like they have both fixxed the error, £23 on HMV, 17.99 on Amazon now.

My Pre-order from HMV is still showing as £8, I assume they'll have to e-mail me about any price change rather than just ninja charge me 3x as much

Amazon has a price promise for pre-orders, not entirely sure how that works, but I'm hoping that means the promised price will be kept, wait and see =)

chaos said:
Amazon has a price promise for pre-orders, not entirely sure how that works, but I'm hoping that means the promised price will be kept, wait and see =)
They give you the lowest price it hits since you ordered, so you never pay more than the original price but can pay less.
They generally honour mistakes, they have cancelled when crazy prices have meant they couldn't get enough stock though.

Reaper gI said:
chaos said:
They give you the lowest price it hits since you ordered, so you never pay more than the original price but can pay less.
They generally honour mistakes, they have cancelled when crazy prices have meant they couldn't get enough stock though.
Thanks for the info. I'll just hope I get this now, though it might become the best MVM title given it's really cheap price at Amazon and HMV though :)

Back