UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

kamigo

Hikikomori
Amazon currently have a 12 Days Of Kindle sale where certain books are 99p. Two of note for anime fans are:-

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time which provides the basis for the anime. The aunt in the film is the main character in this book.

Tokyo Vice is about an American journalist who worked as a crime reporter for a Japanese newspaper. It's a personal memoir and an account of crime in Japan. The author recently appeared on Anime News Network's anncast.

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
What kind of madness is this? A deal of the week that I'm somewhat interested in, during a time when I actually have the money in my bank account?

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
fabricatedlunatic said:
Yep. It's not top-tier material but it is a funny show that ends up going places you would never have expected it to. Funimation's English re-write and dub are inspired.
Original covers were ace, too, don't suppose that art is included in the UK release?

teonzo

Straw Hat Pirate
Feather said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Season-One-Part/dp/B001QJP9M8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1326404477&sr=8-14

thats on amazon atm, a good deal

I need to point out 1 thing about this edition. I bought it last summer, because season1 part2, season2 part1 and season2 part2 were quite cheap (£8 if I remember right). I've been naive enough to think that the first set would have been an easy and cheap find. The problem is that set was misteriously printed in less quantities than the following 3 boxsets. So the last 3 sets can be found still new and sealed for cheap, but to find season1 part1 you need to be patient and wait for a used one on ebay (or other second hand places), where it goes for about £25-£30.

Teo