UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
UP1 works for me until I try and access my account.

Which is a kick in the shin as Toradora volume 1 was dispatched today and the email also says:
"Further comments on your order:
DVD - Toradora! Box Set 2 (S) Premium Edition - £40.00 - - 19/01/2012

We look forward to helping you again in the future."

Cathe

Great Teacher
Hoping UP1 open online checkout again soon. Can't afford to buy anything else right now but I want to do a 'collect at convention' order and i'd rather not phone up XD

alexrose1uk

Straw Hat Pirate
Apparently not, its sales have been a bit lackluster across the board as I understand which seems a shame. It's payday tomorrow so I'll be picking this up at £14 for DP.

britguy

Za Warudo
I got Redline DVD/BD set as soon as it came out. I knew barely anything about the hype surrounding it, and it did not disappoint. It's a shame to hear it's not doing well :(

Animefreak17

Godhand
britguy said:
I got Redline DVD/BD set as soon as it came out. I knew barely anything about the hype surrounding it, and it did not disappoint. It's a shame to hear it's not doing well :(
the ending was 100% cheesy tho

Last edited by a moderator:

daichi383

School Idol
animefreak17 said:
britguy said:
the ending was 100% cheesy tho

Gloriously Cheesy but satisfying :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think retailers knocking a few quid off Redline necessarily means it hasn't sold well. Even Akira dropped in price quickly (within a couple of months IIRC) and that sold over 10,000 copies.

daichi383

School Idol
animefreak17 said:
@daichi383 dont get me wrong i like the animation i like the action i like bad assary of it. but the ending........................... its so cheesy

Thats why its so AWESOME!
MSN_Awesome.png

alexrose1uk

Straw Hat Pirate
fabricatedlunatic said:
I don't think retailers knocking a few quid off Redline necessarily means it hasn't sold well. Even Akira dropped in price quickly (within a couple of months IIRC) and that sold over 10,000 copies.

I wasn't basing it off that, but more reports sales in Japan, and the US weren't great, and Jerome (Manga) mentioned during the interview podcast he did the other week that it hadn't done anywhere near what they'd hoped, and he'd be really dissapointed in the takeup, especially as he had expected/believed it should be doing far better than it has been.

HdE

Comic Book Guy
I know there are folks with a few quibbles about that show, but I freakin' LOVE Gantz! The whole thing feels like a throwback to the days when anime had that edgy and new 'anything can happen' feel about it. Well, for me, anyway.

Quality show. No excuse not to nab it!