UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Starship Operators Complete Collection£4.99 at AoL

Ackk, beaten by a second.

I liked it, because it was a space opera with decent sci-fi pretensions, proper space physics. It's an interesting premise, a war combined with a reality TV show, where a crew of cadets aboard their world's sole surviving battleship, finance their war against their enemy by inviting a TV show on board.

The story takes a good while to get going, and character development isn't so hot, with melodrama acting as a shortcut. But by the end of the series, I was really into it. It's not full price great, but by god it is £4.99 great!

Paradox295 said:
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/product.php?productid=19120

Starship Operators for less than a fiver. Any good?

ABSOLUTELY!

I have a special fondness for that show. While it isn't perfect by any stretch, it's a fun little potboiler.

Has a catchy opening theme too!

Damn, I want to hit myself with a baseball bat. This summer I bought Ergo Proxy, Trigun, Starship Operators and Basilisk at full price. If I waited a couple of months...

Teo

Yeah, I know that usually it's likely to find an item for cheaper if someone waits enough. The "problem" here (nothing serious, obviously) is that I bought 8 series in August, and 4 of them have been put in the AOL deal of the week in the following 2 months. Quite a difficult coincidence.

Teo

ayase said:
TheLasersharkKH said:
Paradox295 said:
Because of Expo, Deal of the Week has been moved back to Thursday

R.O.D. The TV, £9.99 at AOL.
Hmmmmm...I See what they did there, three guesses why they chose to deal this
To bring us quality anime at low low prices?

There's a BD version coming out?

There's something wrong with the discs?

There's a new manga series starting.

But this was posted on AOL before the ANN news post, so I doubt it was that particular reason.

StopRedoingStuffYouAlreadyDidAndDoFLCLandParanoiaAgentKthxbai

Paradox295 said:
ayase said:
TheLasersharkKH said:
Paradox295 said:
Because of Expo, Deal of the Week has been moved back to Thursday

R.O.D. The TV, £9.99 at AOL.
Hmmmmm...I See what they did there, three guesses why they chose to deal this
To bring us quality anime at low low prices?

There's a BD version coming out?

There's something wrong with the discs?

There's a new manga series starting.

But this was posted on AOL before the ANN news post, so I doubt it was that particular reason.

StopRedoingStuffYouAlreadyDidAndDoFLCLandParanoiaAgentKthxbai

It was on Crunchyroll news feed around three hours before ANN posted the news, ANN late again on it I suppose

So I guess it just happened to be a major coincidence then for this week :wink:

...And I second the last bit!

Mmm, I have been umming and ahhing about how to finally pick up the of the Stars series recently (I already have Crest), and that's cheaper than the price in TRSI's Bandai sale.

The Japanese re-release boxsets of Banner would come to about £100, unfortunately, although that is the only way to get part III that I know of. :(

Back