UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

TheLasersharkKH said:
Durial666 said:

Was it always sold with GN Volume 1 or is that something new from AOL?

The copy I got from a previous deal of the week didn't come with the Vol 1 GN although the original vol 1 of the dvd was also available as a limited edition coming with the vol 1 GN as this following listing on amazon shows,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elemental-Gelad ... 980&sr=1-1

Maybe they are trying to shift their copies of the manga by including the GN Volume 1 in the new deal of the week. It may also have been a typo (one copy per customer - some of their sales limit the number of copies per customer).

Paradox295 said:
Just Passing Through said:
Oh, yeah. Forgot about that n_n;

Is Black Cat worth owning?

Depends on how many Gonzo sci-fi action shows you own. I found Black Clat to be enjoyable enough, but one of the weaker ones. I prefer Burst Angel, Kiddy Grade, Solty Rei...

To me Black Clat is on the same level as Trinity Blood. TB does the moody gothic, while BC goes for the more comic, daft vein. Both have the absolutely most Gonzo-est endingss of all of their series.

Was going to get the singles sometime last year or so around Christmas when Play.com had them on special offer, but was a bit too late, then it just slipped down my list of things to get.

Probably use that money to get some of the MVM Live Action DVD's, I believe they are still £4.99 or less at the moment.

It's based on a series of RPG games, heavy on the comedy and cuteness, about the conflict between heaven, hell and Earth. The Angel Flonne (ditzy blonde) goes to hell to assassinate the king of the underworld, and generally bring love, sweetness and hope. The trouble is that the king is already dead, his underlings have taken over, and she finds and resurrects his son Laharl instead. He decides to take back his throne, and takes Flonne on as one of his vassals, as well as the back stabbing cute girl demon Etna. Flonne keeps trying to redeem him. and their quest continues.

Into this mess arrives an Earth ship and its intrepid buck rogers type crew to add to the mayhem. The genius creations are the prinnies, the dogsbody gofers of the underworld, souls reborn as penguins to toil and slave for the demon overlords.

I hated it at first, the cheap and cheerful animation coupled with the bottom of the barrel gagfest didn't appeal to me, especially in comparison to the promo film (also on the discs), but it grew on me until the third volume, where I found I really enjoyed it.

It's based on a series of RPG games, heavy on the comedy and cuteness, about the conflict between heaven, hell and Earth. The Angel Flonne (ditzy blonde) goes to hell to assassinate the king of the underworld, and generally bring love, sweetness and hope. The trouble is that the king is already dead, his underlings have taken over, and she finds and resurrects his son Laharl instead. He decides to take back his throne, and takes Flonne on as one of his vassals, as well as the back stabbing cute girl demon Etna. Flonne keeps trying to redeem him. and their quest continues.

Into this mess arrives an Earth ship and its intrepid buck rogers type crew to add to the mayhem. The genius creations are the prinnies, the dogsbody gofers of the underworld, souls reborn as penguins to toil and slave for the demon overlords.

I hated it at first, the cheap and cheerful animation coupled with the bottom of the barrel gagfest didn't appeal to me, especially in comparison to the promo film (also on the discs), but it grew on me until the third volume, where I found I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I knew it was based off a Videogame series.

Haven't played them either, though. Is it like the same plot or something?

Paradox295 said:

Yeah, I knew it was based off a Videogame series.

Haven't played them either, though. Is it like the same plot or something?

Never played the games myself. According to wiki it's based on the first game but with significant alterations.

In the game (and in the promo video that came out before the anime) it is Etna who wakes Laharl, not Flonne. Never finished the anime but I recall the Defenders of Earth are introduced a lot sooner in the anime too.

Back