UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I get someone's hitting themselves xD.

I already own the R1 set, but I am tempted by this...but my bank are being fecking morons and decided to give me a random £6 charge!

Good series for £10, especially now theyve sold out of some if the individual volumes which came out a little cheaper.

Also thanks for the headsup on Eva 2.22 I'd been meaning to pick that up, of the Stars are a cool set but dont think I can justify it right now.

Same week, past couple of months that I have decided to get the deal of the week (Ergo Proxy & Trigun for the previous Two months)

Paranoia Agent seems a worthy enough Blind Buy for anyone?!

TheLasersharkKH said:
Paranoia Agent seems a worthy enough Blind Buy for anyone?!

Anope. Not for me, anyway.

I find Kon's stuff quite hard work, and the supernatural bent of Paranoia Agent ain't my thing. So, for once, I can pass on the deal.

Hope you guys snap it up and enjoy it, though!

Paranoia Agent is excellent; I already have it though :)

Definitely a worthy blind buy unless you really hate darker shows. And even then it's still a worthy blind buy in most cases.

R

Hmmm, not sure if I should have done, but I've ordered too (and I ...accidentally grabbed another 10disc potluck too).

Been meaning to watch more of Kon's work, and I'm having a supernatural season following Halloween which it sounds like this would fit into.

Edit:
Damn I think I've made more anime purchases in the month since I joined this forum, than I've ever made previously.

Damn youuu (and you, MVM Deal of the Week)

@ Phaded. Don't be, it's a fairly small cut, which while it makes for an awkward transition, it's pretty minor and doesn't remove any plot details. Plus if need be you can always watch that part online and mentally insert it everytime you watch it.

@Alex. Do it. DO IT. DOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! :p What Kon stuff have you seen? I think PA is his magnum opus frankly, but I love all his films.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
@Alex. Do it. DO IT. DOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! :p What Kon stuff have you seen? I think PA is his magnum opus frankly, but I love all his films.

I did, I've heard it praised enough the few times I've seen it come up to know it's probably a worthy watch, even with the BBFC cut.

I haven't actually seen much Kon stuff, but one of my offline mates who also watches is a big fan of his material; so he's been on my checkout list for a while and well, even if the BBFC did take out a non-crucial scene, I can't really complain for £9.99.

It was also another excuse to grab another £5 potluck disc set too hahah

Back