Tottenham riot

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Rui said:
Lawrence said:
I think there is another group outside the goverment that are far more worthy of being hailed as "self-centered", the rioters.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't really feel like trying to be sympathetic to the plight of people who ruin the lives and hard work of perfectly innocent strangers.

The area I work in completely shut down this afternoon in preparation for the raging crowds with the only thing still open being the train station, and apparently my home area is the same way too. Of course I'm still at work like a sucker ;)

R

I doubly agree Rui, it's rather alarming the amount of people posting here who think the rioters are justified in what they're doing...

Wait hold up, your not referring to me are you? Ayase may be extremely apathetic but I don't think he exactly thinks these kids are justified, as for Tachi, well I don't know but it seems he's more concerned with waiting for a civil war (with a twisted grin on his face)?? Then that leaves me and if you think I was justifying what these little shits are doing then you completely misunderstood my point.

99% Of these people are opportunists with no political motive, just for a free TV or the chance to wreck **** up

One person was caught, they asked her why and she said something about the Government taxing people (she didn't work, so what tax??) and then she was asked who the Prime Minister even was and she didn't know...

It's not all doom and gloom though, a large amount of peeps have gathered all over the country around areas to protect them from damage and the looters, it's kind of heartening. Even the Millwall Firmall got together around a street that had a pub on to protect it

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
99% Of these people are opportunists with no political motive, just for a free TV or the chance to wreck **** up

One person was caught, they asked her why and she said something about the Government taxing people (she didn't work, so what tax??) and then she was asked who the Prime Minister even was and she didn't know...

It's not all doom and gloom though, a large amount of peeps have gathered all over the country around areas to protect them from damage and the looters, it's kind of heartening. Even the Millwall Firmall got together around a street that had a pub on to protect it

Thats all completely true, but just because somebody isn't politically motivated it doesn't mean that the reasons for their actions aren't politically motivated.

lol, sorry I wasn't sure whether that sentence made sense or not. What I meant was even though the rioters are mostly not deliberately rioting for political motivations, it doesn't mean that political decisions made haven't contributed to the way they are acting.

I get what ya mean Vash. If political decisions hadn't been made in the past which outsourced jobs, these people wouldn't be living on the dole. And if they weren't living on the dole with little hope of ever being employed (let alone earning a decent wage) in an aggressively consumerist society which encourages people to own the latest, most expensive things (regardless of whether they or anyone else can afford it or not) I think they'd be a lot less likely to put their own personal greed above theirs and others well-being.

Personally I'm content to just watch the stock market slide and the flames lick ever higher. This is nothing but the world we allowed our leaders to create, the world we deserve.

vashdaman said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Rui said:
Lawrence said:
I think there is another group outside the goverment that are far more worthy of being hailed as "self-centered", the rioters.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't really feel like trying to be sympathetic to the plight of people who ruin the lives and hard work of perfectly innocent strangers.

The area I work in completely shut down this afternoon in preparation for the raging crowds with the only thing still open being the train station, and apparently my home area is the same way too. Of course I'm still at work like a sucker ;)

R

I doubly agree Rui, it's rather alarming the amount of people posting here who think the rioters are justified in what they're doing...

Wait hold up, your not referring to me are you? Ayase may be extremely apathetic but I don't think he exactly thinks these kids are justified, as for Tachi, well I don't know but it seems he's more concerned with waiting for a civil war (with a twisted grin on his face)?? Then that leaves me and if you think I was justifying what these little shits are doing then you completely misunderstood my point.

Maybe justified was the wrong word, I wasn't referring to you Vash but the fact some people are going "well just let it happen, it's been a long time coming" is quite absurd. What if it was happening in your town? Would you be so apathetic then?

Seems i must explain why i'm perfectly happy to see this world fall insto abject misery and chaos.

The main reason is that the governments are all corrupt and have been since governements where first created to rule. Look back into history - before the government was about the royal family where in charge and the power they had corrupted them into killing and warring because of greed. These days that same sin gloats around the world and those in power over the masses have that same greed consuming them, clouding their judgements for more selfish reasons and self preservation.

In our history there has only been 1 man who i truly believe was benefitial to the country and sadly he's dead now, the only real modern day reminder of him is a comical car insurance nodding dog.

Someones already said the different groups are now all the same, you just get the chance to pick 3 shades of the same **** really. Either option leads down the same road so in an ideal world the government would be destroyed and built again with the ideals of those its meant to look after, protect and govern. Not recklessly use public tax money for useless reasons (like bailing out other countries) the way its going with the stock exchange is that everything is about to crash again, people are sick and tired of being treated the way they have for so long and they've now decided to riot, eventually a time will come where the government will either back down to public demands and do the right thing, or they will bring the army back and we will be in the same position as Egypt was months ago, with america and the failing EU getting involved.

Things can't remain as they are, people just can't carry on being treated like cattle without a say, hence why this breaks out. If the double dip recession happens then i'm 99% sure that these riots right now will be nothing compared to what will happen all over the country.

I like this all because im sick of this country, sick of its Political correctness that makes people bent over backwards to hold their words incase they offend people, like ricky gervais says in his science video - now a days you can't call someone fat, they are offended by it, well if your that offended and you know that the amount of food you eat is more than the energy that you burn off and your happy to continue like this then face it, your fat so why should i change the truth? its not like your lying to yourself and saying your not the size of a F***ing house. Same with people being herald as a racist, at the end of the day we are humans, we are all the same essentially on the inside but because of stereotypical views and mannerisms people can fuel hatred for difference, like ginger people - i never understood why gingers get called names and people have a problem with them, the colour of someones hair shouldn't be the reason you hate them and treat them like they are infected with something disgusting, its a hair colour get over it. This country just pisses me off because its mollycoddled people into thinking in certain ways, into supressing them so they don't answer back when the government decides to do something unjust.

Personally i'd destroy all power across all countries and let the people have their say over everything. want a new island built in the middle of your road? ok the people who live in at street all vote and if its passed then its done. This method of working would mean that equality in the decisions of the country would be balanced and just.

Three people murdered last night, Tachi, 3 miles from where I went to school, and on basically the same road that a friend of mine lives on who I was speaking to on IRC at the time. Glad to know you're happy, though.

Never said i was happy about the deaths, but the rest is fine.
Don't worry anyway, a nationwide curfew will probably go into affect soon and anyone out after that time will be arrested.

So idiots who kill others will be stuck indoors and hopefully kill themselves.

plus i don't see why thats my problem, nor yours for that matter, a guy was hammered to death at the top of my road last year and a man sat ina park at the top of my road with a sawn off shotgun, later shot himself in the head and a police officer stabbed to death on the steps to the town hall a couple of years back, its within 3 miles of where i live but i didn't stab him so its not my business, people who feel personally attached because its in the area they live is a confusing thing. Unless you know them there's no reason to bother getting into a fuss about it.

Its never been safe living in luton, there are 4 main districts to the place that if you find yourself in it could result in muggings, stabbed or outright killed. Marsh farm - a council estate near leagrave station, thankfully i live in limbury which is a safe area. The town centre is safe but if you walk past the dual carriageway at the end of the town centre then your into high rise areas which are deathtraps because of druggies.
My gf lives on the border of stopsley (equally as safe as limbury) and farley hill (equally as rough as marsh farm) and her sisters boyfriend knows all of the dodgy guys in the area so nobody is ever touched.

My point is, i've lived surrounded by rough areas all my life really and most of the people who would b taking part of the riots if they broke out properly in luton will be people i know from school, my high school was the best in 3 counties according to results but over the years since leaving its gone downhill rapidly, i have the benefit of knowing most of the little **** stirrers older brothers and sisters so i'm never affected.

Personally if i was killed in cold blood tonight then i'd only be annoyed that i didn't grow old with my family and friends, apart from that i don't fear death, it comes to all eventually. You need to remember that i've had a firend killed, she was a friend since we where 5 and she went out with my best friend and he's like a brother to me, they broke up and she got with this other guy, when she wanted to break up with him, he stabbed her over 20 times and killed her.... not even in the street, round her friends house. I've lived to see one person of my high school year die each year since 2005. so i know exactly how ilmae would feel.

The riots i have no problem with, let them do what they want at the end of the day, im hoping the government realise how much things have gone wrong, if they fail to do so then we are all doomed to serve under these idiots forever. The killing side is wrong and i don't agree that the riots should be an excuse to kill others, sadly some people are just too warped in the mind and enjoy that opportunity.

Overall i'm personally very peaceful but if i believe in something strongly then i'll voice myself, i don't get involved directly in something to this degree, in the same way that i don't keep to what anonymous is upto, though i have used them in the past i don't take part in hacking, hung up those boots along time ago.

Sorry to sort of change of the subject. I lived like 20 minutes from one of the riots that happened in london. I know londons not the safest place in world but still its a shame to see my area all smashed up and seeing peoples shops that they put years of effort in go in one night. Anyway after all the crap thats been happening i think its just given me another reason to move out of london

ilmaestro said:
Three people murdered last night, Tachi, 3 miles from where I went to school, and on basically the same road that a friend of mine lives on who I was speaking to on IRC at the time. Glad to know you're happy, though.
He only says that because he doesn't have a business that he's worked hard to build up or his home be set on fire. He'll change his tune if that happens.

Google News makes a potentially controversial suggestion:

70d5n.jpg

Some of what I've read here just now has pissed me off slightly. The past few days has been pretty stressful/annoying for me. I work at a Tesco's in Birmingham city centre and I was just leaving town as the rioting began on Monday, some kids who had looted Footlocker ran right past me but I assumed it was just a bunch of thugs shoplifting. It wasn't until I got home and told that it had turned into full scale rioting. I rang work and was told that the shop had already closed but rioters had tried to kick down the door and thrown a rock, nay, boulder, at a friend of mine. She didn't turn up for work the next day, rightfully so. Last night they actually got into the store by smashing the windows next to the door and, given everything in the store, they took booze (says it all really doesn't it).

The rioting here in Birmingham has jack **** to do with any government ********, it's pure scum causing havok and ruining things for everybody else just because other have, and they can.

Since Monday, the majority of city centre shops and even the offices have been advised to leave the centre as early as 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Additionally public transport and taxis were not being allowed to leave the centre (apparently)

Tonight our bosses wanted our store to stay open until 11pm, which is when we usually close, there would have been 3 members of staff there, myself, the girl who worked Monday night and a duty manager. Luckily and thankfully we received a phone call around 6pm telling us to close and leave the store.

I am not afraid to admit that I was genuinely scared about having to stay until 11.

It's truly depressing that scum like this even exist, the police are doing all they can, though I wish they had more power, shoot the gits for all I care.

So unless you have experienced this or something like it first hand then, to me, your view on this is worth jack.

Back