The Wii U Thread (Including NNIDs)!

I couldn't stand the Last Story and don't even get me started on the strange multiplayer! The voices grate really badly and the whole 'cockney' vibe to the game doesnt fit a JRPG and would definatly benefit from a japanese dub.

The only reason I still own this game is to have the complete 'set' of Operation rainfall games as well as the limited edition coins they gave away with them, other than that it'll just be shelf 'art'.

I'm not a gamer myself so I can't make much comment on the game as a whole but I just heard enough to know that the voices were rather out of place. My sister is playing it another room as I write :lol:

So, it's turned out that downloadable titles are stored on your system, not your NNID. As was proven when a guy on NeoGaf bought a used console and with a new NNID, he was allowed to redownload titles the previous owner had purchased on the eShop.

So Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is being released on the Wii U on 7th February - a day before the PS360 versions. However, it will be a downloadable title only, unlike the PS360 versions.

Also, Injustice: Gods Among Us has two collector's editions on the PS360 versions when the game launches in America in April...but not for Wii U.

afoia said:
I couldn't stand the Last Story and don't even get me started on the strange multiplayer! The voices grate really badly and the whole 'cockney' vibe to the game doesnt fit a JRPG

I'm not going to lie, the idea of a JRPG with a cockney vibe is very compelling to me for some strange reason, no matter how awfully it's executed. Also, I read in some article about Xenoblade that the translation team even slipped in a sly chuckle brothers reference!! Is this true??

The main thing that killed The Last Story for me wasn't the voices, it was what the voices were saying. The dialogue either felt unnatural (and I watch anime!) or incredibly cheesy.

I've heard that this Direct is focusing on first party stuff. Not sure I'll be able to watch it live, as I need to go to a Job Fair tomorrow 9.9

Nintendo Direct was awesome.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is receiving a HD remake that will be released in Autumn
Also, a new 3D Mario game by the time behind Mario Galaxy, a new Mario Kart and Smash Bros will be shown off at E3.
Yarn Yoshi was announced, as was Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.
Footage from Monolith Soft's new, currently untitled RPG was shown.

ARRRRRRGHGSLNERO NEW TETSUYA TAKAHASHI MONOLITH SOFT XENO GAME I WANT IT RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

(ahem)

That was pretty cool, glad we're getting some OS updates and a Virtual Console. Megaten x Fire Emblem came out of nowhere too!

The new Monolith Soft game looks amazing (I watched the trailer on my Wii U. Truly amazing).

Yeah, I wasn't expecting Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem at all. I'll be very interested in seeing how it turns out. Apparently Nintendo are working on more collaborations as well.

Here's hoping the Wind Waker remake/update will include the dungeons left out of the original, and have the ability to warp to any island you've already been to (and do something about the unsatisfying final boss and ending).

I see that the Monolith RPG had the same grand scale and art style as Xenoblade, but the music sounded more Xenogears.

WindWaker was a beautiful game in its own right, it'd be nice if they expanded the 'little mermaid' sections (anyone who's old enough to remember the Disney music will know what I mean there), the first time it happened was breathtaking at the time, I still remember it, so it'd be nice to explore more of the worlds, and yes and make the ending more compelling to get through.

I still don't have the money for the WiiU so i can't add anything for this, but i thought this may interest some for debate. I threw this up on twitter as well, but the team behind Rayman Legends have started photo protesting to have the game released. To help this, they have the main Rayman creator: Michel Ancel joining in to help this. The amount of work they put into it to get it ready for launch then being told to wait 7 months left a bad taste with them. Obviously Ubisoft did something stupid here. Regardless, i thought this interesting because if Ubisoft didn't act the idiots here, the chances of Legends selling well on the WiiU would've been far greater, and would've done well easily, than now.

Photos of the protest:
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 0370_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 5030_n.jpg

Well, I'm hoping to have a Wii U in about a weeks time, its payday Monday, and I've got a guy semi-holding his Zombi-U pack hes had since release for me, at £220 its more the price I'm willing to pay with the current title shortage. It's almost a 3rd off buying it new so I dont mind that for a couple of months light use! Nintendo hardware tends to be pretty robust too as a rule.

If it does go before payday I'll wait til those Monster Hunter HD packs turn up.

a question for people who own WiiUs: are they backwards compatible with wii/gamecube games? no website I can find seems to agree on the subject.

The Wii U is fully backwards compatible with Wii games, but you need to use original Wii hardware to control them (Wiimotes, nunchuks, classic controller etc). The Wii U Gamepad and and Wii U Pro controller will not work. You can do a system transfer between a Wii and a Wii U to move savegames over. Unfortunately Gamecube discs will not work.

Back