The Wii U Thread (Including NNIDs)!

Mutsumi said:
Traded in my Nintendo Land for £33 + over £1 of loyalty card points. Take that from the cost of my Wii U and I think I got the best bargain here, only paying £165 for the premium pack! Anyone pay less than that (in cash, credit or vouchers) for their Wii U?
I paid £0 and didn't get one, so I feel like I ended up on the right side of both halves of the equation.

Mutsumi said:
Traded in my Nintendo Land for £33 + over £1 of loyalty card points. Take that from the cost of my Wii U and I think I got the best bargain here, only paying £165 for the premium pack! Anyone pay less than that (in cash, credit or vouchers) for their Wii U?

Ultimately, I've only paid £82.49 for my premium pack, not bad at all I think.

Ath said:
Mutsumi said:

£82.49 in cash and how much in credit or vouchers?

Mutsumi said:
Ath said:
Mutsumi said:

£30 credit from trading in my extra NintendoLand and £87.50 off with Amazon vouchers from trading in old textbooks.

Ath said:
Mutsumi said:
Ath said:

£30 credit from trading in my extra NintendoLand and £87.50 off with Amazon vouchers from trading in old textbooks.

Did you trade in a LOT of books, or are some textbooks just worth a good bit on trade in?

Hey all, have a question for the Wii U owners.

Is it worth getting a Wii U now or should I wait until a few more games have come out? (May have gone down a bit in price by then aswell).

Joshawott said:
britguy said:
Rayman Legends demo is out on the eShop, it's glorious!!!!!
I agree! Absolutely love it. Want the game now.

March is gonna be a good month for Wii U games, Monster Hunter, Lego City and this :) I might even get teh Aliens game too.

Taylor said:
Hey all, have a question for the Wii U owners.

Is it worth getting a Wii U now or should I wait until a few more games have come out? (May have gone down a bit in price by then aswell).

I don't see a price cut until late next year, so if you can wait that long, go for it! I myself am happy with my purchase right now.

I don't see a significant price cut happening any time soon - the GamePad itself costs about £100 to purchase in Japan (it won't be available separately in the west until games come out that actually use two).

Personally, I'd say it's only really a good idea to buy one now if you don't already own a PlayStation 3 or XBox 360 - a lot of the games that came out for it at launch are ports of other recent multi-platform games, such as Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, SEGA & All Stars Racing Transformed, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition etc. Some of them have new Wii U-only features (like Batman and Tekken) while others don't and Mass Effect 3 Special Edition won't even have all of the DLC that the other versions get (long story short: EA hates Nintendo).

If you already own a PS360, I'd say it might be better to wait until sometime next year - Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends are due out early in the year (Monster Hunter and Rayman in March, other two in Spring) and Bayonetta 2 is sure to drop down at some point in 2013.

To be honest, I'm quite worried that the Wii U might soon be in a situation similar to the Wii. I was talking to a few friends of mine in gaming journalism and they noted how the vast majority of multi-platform games due out in 2013 don't currently have a Wii U version announced. This is obviously because a lot of these games were in development before the Wii U was released and also that as it's a new system, companies will be more cautious until they know the install base of the system. However, it's also strongly rumoured that Microsoft and/or Sony will at least be revealing their next consoles at E3 next year, so by the time developers would have been convinced that releasing their games on the Wii U would be worthwhile, the PS4/NextBox might have already landed, leaving the Wii U as outdated in the eyes of developers.

TBH I think I should have waited til later. Maybe you're right there won't be a price cut but I doubt there'll be an increase either and I could've lived without NintendoLand and another New Super Mario Bros for a few months...

I do enjoy the console I just think I coulda better used the £250ish just before Xmas.

Mum kept on bugging me for Christmas ideas, so after weeks of delaying it, I've finally relented and asked her to put the budget she had given towards a PS3, with me paying the rest. I already own 3 PS3 games from the short time my brother had one and there are more I want to get that won't be making the Wii U jump (or are imports). Team Ninja have said that they will consider a Wii U port of Dead or Alive 5 and CyberConnect2 have said they will consider one for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, but if they do materialise, I doubt they'll drop down until long after the PS360 versions have been released. Also, I kind of want the HD K-ON! game...

One thing that has frustrated me a considerable amount is that I've owned Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed on the Wii U since launch day and it was working perfectly fine, until two days ago when loads of glitches started to surface. For example, I unlocked NiGHTS and decided to try and level her up and I managed to level her up twice after one event - but when I went to play as her again, she was down to level one! I've also encountered invisible walls on some of the A-Rank missions which make levels either hard to complete, or impossible. There's also one nasty bug that seems to come in when playing co-op: If the player using the TV is eliminated from an event, there will be an awful buzzing sound coming from the TV and within a minute or two, the GamePad player will randomly be eliminated. I've also suffered the picture on the GamePad screen freezing for a few seconds, resulting in me losing events.
I've also been enjoying Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition a bit...but after having experimented with various different fighting game series' (Street Fighter and Dead or Alive on 3DS, Arcana Heart 3 on PS3, BlazBlue on PSP and Tekken on Wii U) I'm starting to get tired of the fighting game genre - it all feels like it's the same thing. There's very little variation (especially as SF, DOA and TTT2 have all used the second screen to have short cut to combos - be original damn it!).

I will admit, I am a huge Nintendo fan, but even I am having my doubts. I am still hyped to see what developers can do with the system once they have gotten used to it (which is why I imagine that as usual, the first party stuff will be the best as Nintendo design systems with games in mind and games with the systems in mind).

Also, did we really need New Super Mario Bros. U so soon after New Super Mario Bros. 2? Why couldn't we have had a game similar to 64, Sunshine or Galaxy as the Mario launch title?

I haven't really been playing my Wii U that much to be honest. Whenever I do, it is a lot of fun, but I wish there was more compelling software out there. I would definitely not have bought my Wii U at launch if it weren't for the Amazon misprice. There are two main reasons I bought it though:

1) My Wii's GPU is dying, so I needed to replace it anyway.
2) Monolith Soft's upcoming Wii U game. After Xenoblade, there's no way I'm missing what Tetsuya Takahashi comes up with next.

My Wii had died months before the Wii U launch (disc drive). I finally got to sit down and play The Last Story...but after an hour, urgh that awful dialogue was so cringe worthy. I weighed up getting it repaired or waiting for Wii U...so I chose the Wii U.

I do agree that we need some more compelling software...or at least, have the software that's currently on offer as cheaper (£50 for a game?!).

NNID is Max_Takeshi

Updated on Christmas day around 12:00 and 'only' took an hour. Also was fretting about setting up the wireless after the horror stories, but it went straight through :eek:

Liking things so far, although the posts people are making on the world map of Bros. U, in the form of letters to Bowser, just feel a bit odd.

(Also died three times on the first level while getting used to the weighty controls :( )

Joshawott said:
Also, did we really need New Super Mario Bros. U so soon after New Super Mario Bros. 2? Why couldn't we have had a game similar to 64, Sunshine or Galaxy as the Mario launch title?

2D Mario titles sell much better than their 3D counterpart, so Nintendo chose an opportunity...

Hi Guys, finally took the plunge and bought a Wii U Premium bundle after trading in my ps3 and a stack of games that seem to gather dust, all in all I managed to get the system with Batman, Tank! Tank! Tank!, COD: BLOPS2 and Nintendo land for £160 (with £200 trade in for my ps3 and games).

Now i'm finding that there is no one around me who owns a Wii U, so the inevitable has happened where I cry out for people to populate my friends list so feel free to add me: 'afoiaa'

Joshawott said:
My Wii had died months before the Wii U launch (disc drive). I finally got to sit down and play The Last Story...but after an hour, urgh that awful dialogue was so cringe worthy. I weighed up getting it repaired or waiting for Wii U...so I chose the Wii U.

I do agree that we need some more compelling software...or at least, have the software that's currently on offer as cheaper (£50 for a game?!).

My sister got The Last Story for Christmas and I couldn't stand being in the same room with the dialogue. She seems to love the game but that just puts me right off it.

Back