The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Does anyone have an toranoana account or would like to try registering one, just in case to verify that I am not a complete moron? (I mean I can read what it says, but it just doesn't work whatsoever)

First textfield = email address
Second = password (letter + numbers and - . _ allowed)
Checkbox: I am over 18 years old
orange botton: Agree to terms and agreements and register

Now after that, there apparently should be some email for verification, but I am not getting this damned email whatsoever. Whatever am I doing wrong? .___.

Hi

I heard that the earlier printings of the Australian Serial Experiments Lain blu-ray had subtitles out of synch.

Are the subtitles in synch in the UK blu-ray release?

Thanks!

Hi

I heard that the earlier printings of the Australian Serial Experiments Lain blu-ray had subtitles out of synch.

Are the subtitles in synch in the UK blu-ray release?

Thanks!
The UK Blu-ray release uses the US Funimation master compared to the Australian release. No problems with subs.

Would anyone happen to know what the picture quality of Discotek's US NieA_7 Blu-rays are like? Can't seem to find any screencaps online or even anyone who's reviewed it at all.

Totally not anime this one but quick question. I was looking at getting a new TV and fobbing the current one off on my sister (cos I'm nice), but its not easy now to find a new TV that isn't 4K. So if your TV is 4K, do any streaming services automatically switch to 4K and stream a massive download instead of a regular one? BBC were talking about doing it at one point and so were Netflix. And do they seem okay with non-4K shows?

Totally not anime this one but quick question. I was looking at getting a new TV and fobbing the current one off on my sister (cos I'm nice), but its not easy now to find a new TV that isn't 4K. So if your TV is 4K, do any streaming services automatically switch to 4K and stream a massive download instead of a regular one? BBC were talking about doing it at one point and so were Netflix. And do they seem okay with non-4K shows?
They are really good for non 4k shows, only certain content is in 4k for streaming services, you'll usually see something on the title of something on netflix with "ultra HD 4k" which, if you've got good internet, will automatically stream 4k.

I've kept away from the Beeb for a while, so I cant be sure if they've used 4k yet

You have to pay extra for 4K Netflix anyway so you're not going to accidentally get it! Most sites allow you to choose the quality and few have much actual 4K content (I don't use the BBC so can't comment on that).

We have a 4K TV and even though most content isn't natively so, it manages decently enough.

R

You have to pay extra for 4K Netflix anyway so you're not going to accidentally get it! Most sites allow you to choose the quality and few have much actual 4K content (I don't use the BBC so can't comment on that).

We have a 4K TV and even though most content isn't natively so, it manages decently enough.

R
Yeah, you are required to pay a much more expensive subscription in order to access Netflix Originals at 4K resolution.

Meanwhile Amazon Prime, on the other hand, offers 4K Ultra HD at no extra cost. That's right, if you have a Prime sub, you got access to titles like The Boys, Carnival Row and Suspiria at UHD quality. Surprising isn't it?

Actually there is a workaround. A lot of Sentai Filmworks releases are able to play on certain UK players with certain methods and Crunchyroll releases are usually A/B compatible.
This thread should be of some help

Pretty extensive, and I had already happened upon that thread long ago, but didn't think much of it, because I never really considered the idea. The Sentai workaround seems extremely easy, though.

Thank you!

Back