The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Does anyone know if Studio Canal still send out fixed Ghibli slipcovers and if so what's the email I need to contact? Looking to get an Arriety #18 to replace my #6.

Edit - Found it here

Last edited:
Is the old Manga UK release of Corpse Princess quality-wise ok?
According to Amazon it's 7 episodes per DVD and PAL?
I can't recall any particular problem with it, but then I haven't seen it since probably 2012 or 2013. I do remember that the video on the clean (Japanese) OP on one disc was pretty noticeably compressed, but that just served to emphasise that the rest looked totally fine.

The discs have your classic 7–6–7–6 episode split across the four.

Well, I'm a bit insecure as e.g. the old Beez DVDs for Eureka 7 suffered from NTSC->PAL-conversion problems and compression issues (with only 5 episodes per DVD9).

It's a native PAL transfer, makes the most of the 576i lines of the format (I assume it was an HD master), but it suffers from 4% speedup, to get from 24fps to 25fps. So while it looks okay, you may have issues with the audio due to a pitch shift. I also noticed a missing subtitle in episode 17.

It seemed fine when I watched mine. Despite being dvd it doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as others do on modern screens, haibane renmei looks awful for example, but CP looks really clear, as clear as the animation style allows at least

My Crunchyroll ps4 app episodes always load up at extremely low resolution for the first 30 seconds or so before correcting itself, really irritating. Everyone else having this issue?

My Crunchyroll ps4 app episodes always load up at extremely low resolution for the first 30 seconds or so before correcting itself, really irritating. Everyone else having this issue?
Happens with mine sometimes too. The PS4 app can be very temperamental sometimes in general.

Mines like 2 - 5 mins. Netflix doesn’t have this issue prime video is similar to CR though. Nothing but those 2 have that problem

Mine is usually like this and bumps up the resolution about halfway through the OP, I always assumed it was the norm tbh.

Yep, mine does the same. I've been using the Firestick version since I found it goes straight to the correct resolution. Only downside is that when you pause there's something blocking the image which you can't get rid of and also no Share Button functionality.

The Funimation app is much better than the PS4 version, although that has a weird thing where you have to hold the Play/Pause button down if you want to keep it paused.

For me the Crunchy PS4 app starts streaming at low quality but then increases resolution exactly 40 seconds in to the stream. If you immediately rewind the stream as soon as it starts then the resolution increases how you want it.

Hi guys, since I booked to see Psycho Pass Sinners of the System at SLA, I thought it a great excuse to finally watch Psycho Pass as I've owned Season 1 for years. I'm loving it. What else has been released for this so far? - just season 2 and the movie or? - also does the movie come before of after season 2 watch wise please?

Hi guys, since I booked to see Psycho Pass Sinners of the System at SLA, I thought it a great excuse to finally watch Psycho Pass as I've owned Season 1 for years. I'm loving it. What else has been released for this so far? - just season 2 and the movie or? - also does the movie come before of after season 2 watch wise please?
Only S1, S2 & Movie has had physical release over here. The movie comes after S2.

Back