The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Can somebody tell me what exact weight Sentai's Complete Collections for 2 cour shows weight? What cases do they use? 11mm width or 14mm width like Funi's 4-disc cases?

Regarding The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which BD release is better for someone who chooses the Japanese audio option? The Manga release (which uses Selecta Vision's discs) or the recent Funimation release?

Also, did Funimation's release have the problem with missing subtitles, just like the previous releases (including Manga's)? And is the Manga/Selecta Vision release better in terms of audio (from what I've read, the Funi release has the issue with sound effects overpowering the dialogue, but didn't state if it was the Japanese audio or the English dub)?

Regarding The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which BD release is better for someone who chooses the Japanese audio option? The Manga release (which uses Selecta Vision's discs) or the recent Funimation release?

Also, did Funimation's release have the problem with missing subtitles, just like the previous releases (including Manga's)? And is the Manga/Selecta Vision release better in terms of audio (from what I've read, the Funi release has the issue with sound effects overpowering the dialogue, but didn't state if it was the Japanese audio or the English dub)?
The Funimation version is currently the definitive one to own regarding TGWLTT as far as I'm aware. I don't know if the Bandai release had any issues so there's that one if you can hunt it down.

The Funimation version is currently the definitive one to own regarding TGWLTT as far as I'm aware. I don't know if the Bandai release had any issues so there's that one if you can hunt it down.

I'm guessing the overpowering sound affects audio issue on Funimation's release only affects the English dub and not the Japanese audio, or don't you know yet?

OK, I've just watched Episode 5 of Alicization

Should I stop watching and watch ordinal scale first?

Or am I going to seriously confuse the hell out of myself doing that

Ok, Double post, hope its ok as its on a different topic..

As I want to start getting into digital manga a bit more, I've also asked on twitter:

Would you consider getting a Kindle 10 or spend a little more and buy something like a Samsung tablet? If you choose a Samsung, is the Kindle app still as good for Manga

Is there any way of making lots of PNG files into a more friendly format for tablets, I've noticed some photo viewers (I've only really tried my old Apple Tablet) sort it by date rather than file name what can make things a bit of a mess :)

Edit, also what size would you recommend for Manga? The Samsung S2 9.7" for example looks really wide but I haven't seen one

Ok, Double post, hope its ok as its on a different topic..

As I want to start getting into digital manga a bit more, I've also asked on twitter:

Would you consider getting a Kindle 10 or spend a little more and buy something like a Samsung tablet? If you choose a Samsung, is the Kindle app still as good for Manga

Is there any way of making lots of PNG files into a more friendly format for tablets, I've noticed some photo viewers (I've only really tried my old Apple Tablet) sort it by date rather than file name what can make things a bit of a mess :)

Edit, also what size would you recommend for Manga? The Samsung S2 9.7" for example looks really wide but I haven't seen one
If your going to spend that much, I'd be thinking about more than manga, I'm a bit of a spec nerd. Which is better, why do you want one and which lasts longer, as I imagine you'd be reading a lot when you get the chance.
Of course the best choice would probably be kindle, if you're only into reading

If your going to spend that much, I'd be thinking about more than manga, I'm a bit of a spec nerd. Which is better, why do you want one and which lasts longer, as I imagine you'd be reading a lot when you get the chance.
Of course the best choice would probably be kindle, if you're only into reading
Looking on the currys website, the Tab A 10 is about £100 cheaper whats more in my budget although slightly older it ships with 7.0, the same as my phone

Reason for Kindle -
£50 Amazon Gift Card (Again, I could buy the Samsung from a third party on Amazon, but I'll likely go to currys)
Mostly for reading and I dont really game and it wont be my main device so dont need anything overkill

Reason for Sony (Now A10 rather than S2 as its more in my budget)
Android with the Google Play store for a larger support of reader apps and Visual Novels

Edit, but still, £50 is a big difference whats the reason I'm looking at my options

My mum gave me her Kindle Fire 8 when she got the 10.
It works fine for reading manga. The device it self is the same size as a regular manga, so the screen is a bit smaller:
DSC_1806.JPG
The screen is nice to read from:
DSC_1803.JPG

I use Comixology which has a nice zoom in feature:
DSC_1804.JPG

For a tablet, my only recommendation would be a 4:3 screen ratio one. Books fit much nicer on there than on a 16:9 tablet, in my humble opinion.
True of text and of most manga, western comics however do tend to fit better on a 16:9 screen.

Bring back 16:10 I say, that was the perfect aspect ratio, especially for laptops. I like my 16:9 tablet, but that's only a 10 inch screen. Larger 15 and 17 inch 16:9 laptops just look and feel so wrong to me. I had a 17 inch 16:10 laptop as my main PC back in the day, and that was fantastic.

I was rummaging through old software packages to dump out some that came around the millenials and are woefully outdated now.

There I came around this sort of disc sleeve that can hold multiple discs:

Anybody know a good place to get those?

Back