The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Shiroi Hane said:
Gavrev said:
a disgustingly cheap steelbook edition of GITS: Stand Alone Complex"
Do you mean the Solid State Society movie?

Maybe he was referring to the Ghost in the Shell Steel Tins when it was being released in volumes? as the first volume of GiTS Season 1 and Season 2 included a tin to keep the rest of the volumes inside.

But yea the Solid State Society film came in a steelbook - it was available as standard dvd or steelbook version when it first got released in UK.

Whichever version (film or tv series) he was talking about I've got both them =P

Well yes, I also have both the Play.com tins for SaC and the Steelbook for SSS. The T-shirts are rather worn now though, and my sister decided to throw the Tachikoma so it is damaged.

Does anyone know a place that sells Beck Mongolian Chop Squad Volumes 5 and 6? I can't find either of them anywhere.

Yup, they never finished releasing Beck.

Back in 2007, I was in HMV and felt like picking up one of Revelation's starter sets. Thankfully I picked Mushishi, because that one they actually finished! Ended up getting the Funi Viridian set for Beck. Brilliant series that should've been released in its entirety here.

It's hard to know whether to blame FUNimation or Manga UK.
None of the shows that were left unfinished when Revelation/FUNimation ceased their distribution partnership have been sublicensed by Manga, nor have any of the completed titles* and I've never been able to get a clear answer as to why (other than the standing "new shows get priority") since FUNi clearly still has the licenses and that includes shows people are still asking for like the original FMA. Some titles are probably not worth it (Hell Girl was dropped by FUNi after all, and there's probably not a huge market for Peach Girl) but surely not all of them.

* MVM has somehow managed to get back a couple of shows (Kiddy Grade and Fruits Basket) that had been on their slate prior to the Navarre purchase caused distribution of all FUNi titles in the UK to move from them to Revelation.

Can anyone tell me who Anime Limited send things direct from their store by? I really wanna grab a couple of things but pretty much working stupid hours all the way to Christmas so won't be around to sign or anything, so unless they send by someone who will post through the letter box I'll have to wait a bit.

I think when I ordered the Tiger and Bunny movie it came by Royal Mail. I'm pretty sure I remember it coming through the letterbox.

It's just I vaguely remember getting a email from UK Mail, but I had it delivered to someone else's address so dunno who actually brought it. Hmm I'll try buying Time of Eve just to check and if it comes through the letter box I'll get the rest. Thanks.

Buzzkillington said:
Can anyone tell me who Anime Limited send things direct from their store by? I really wanna grab a couple of things but pretty much working stupid hours all the way to Christmas so won't be around to sign or anything, so unless they send by someone who will post through the letter box I'll have to wait a bit.

Hey Buzzkillington,

Answering the question - we use a mix now of UPS and Royal Mail really depending on the package value :)! We've sidled off UK Mail mostly just due to the issues during Time of Eve alas.

Hope this helps!

Best,

AP

Random question - have you ever felt you were 'addicted' to anime, eg. were addicted to buying it / addicted to watching it more than you felt you should be? Have you ever had passing phases where you really went off it for a while, or watched so much in a short space of time that it then put you off watching it for a while?

anime_andrew said:
Buzzkillington said:

Hey Buzzkillington,

Answering the question - we use a mix now of UPS and Royal Mail really depending on the package value :)! We've sidled off UK Mail mostly just due to the issues during Time of Eve alas.

Hope this helps!

Best,

AP

On the subject of postage, when I placed an order with your site I was shocked to see my options were

Free
UPS ~ £24
And 3 other massively increasing in cost UPS methods

I can understand not liking Royal Mail but the basic UPS cost was way too high let alone the other options (Order Kill La Kill Pt 1 if the size/shape of that item impacts the costs)

Lutga said:
Random question - have you ever felt you were 'addicted' to anime, eg. were addicted to buying it / addicted to watching it more than you felt you should be? Have you ever had passing phases where you really went off it for a while, or watched so much in a short space of time that it then put you off watching it for a while?

As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as "more than I feel I should be" when it comes to the amounts of works of fiction that I consume. They are what makes life worth living. And there's enough of it out there that even if you abandon everything you don't enjoy you will never run out.

Rosencrantz said:
anime_andrew said:
Buzzkillington said:

Hey Buzzkillington,

Hope this helps!

Best,

AP

On the subject of postage, when I placed an order with your site I was shocked to see my options were

Free
UPS ~ £24
And 3 other massively increasing in cost UPS methods

I can understand not liking Royal Mail but the basic UPS cost was way too high let alone the other options (Order Kill La Kill Pt 1 if the size/shape of that item impacts the costs)

Where were you shipping to :)? Within UK presumably there - it's likely volumetrically calculated so let me deal with that now! Within the UK it should be:

Free
Tracked (UPS): £5.00

Best,

AP

anime_andrew said:
Where were you shipping to :)? Within UK presumably there - it's likely volumetrically calculated so let me deal with that now! Within the UK it should be:

Free

Best,

AP
That makes a bit more sense. It also seems that free shipping is only available on orders over £15. I remember you saying it was an accident a while ago so I'm guessing it's the same now.

Yukifan said:
anime_andrew said:

Free

Best,

AP
That makes a bit more sense. It also seems that free shipping is only available on orders over £15. I remember you saying it was an accident a while ago so I'm guessing it's the same now.

All fixed up and it's £14.99 or higher now so any special we do is covered usually by that :).

We'll have some cool December promo's for folks coming up too so watch this space...

AP

anime_andrew said:
Hey Buzzkillington,

Hope this helps!

Best,

AP
I literally just ordered Time of Eve to test if it would just come through the letterbox before I saw this, I chose Royal Mail so here's hoping.

anime_andrew said:
All fixed up and it's £14.99 or higher now so any special we do is covered usually by that :).

We'll have some cool December promo's for folks coming up too so watch this space...

AP

Just tried a dummy order, looks like it's all fixed/changed - those costs it wanted before were mad, I am in the UK, but perhaps it got confused because I was paying by paypal?

Back