The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

anime_andrew said:
Hey Buzzkillington,

Answering the question - we use a mix now of UPS and Royal Mail really depending on the package value :)! We've sidled off UK Mail mostly just due to the issues during Time of Eve alas.

Hope this helps!

Best,

AP
I literally just ordered Time of Eve to test if it would just come through the letterbox before I saw this, I chose Royal Mail so here's hoping.
 

Rosencrantz

Dragon Knight
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

anime_andrew said:
All fixed up and it's £14.99 or higher now so any special we do is covered usually by that :).

We'll have some cool December promo's for folks coming up too so watch this space...

AP
Just tried a dummy order, looks like it's all fixed/changed - those costs it wanted before were mad, I am in the UK, but perhaps it got confused because I was paying by paypal?
 

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Rosencrantz said:
anime_andrew said:
All fixed up and it's £14.99 or higher now so any special we do is covered usually by that :).

We'll have some cool December promo's for folks coming up too so watch this space...

AP
Just tried a dummy order, looks like it's all fixed/changed - those costs it wanted before were mad, I am in the UK, but perhaps it got confused because I was paying by paypal?
What happened was UPS activated but had none of our actual rates so was taking the rack one. We've fixed it by just laying out the differences we look to cover on tracked manually here.

Sorry for that and a big thanks for ID'ing it :).

AP
 

cyborg 002

Student Council President
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

So I was checking out the competition for Patema Inverted, since it's an anime I want for my collection.

http://www.animeuknews.net/competitions.php#patema

It says,
"The competition is open to all Anime UK News readers."

And I'm stoked!

Then at the bottom
"UK Residents only!"

I'm from Denmark, so it's not for all Anime UK News readers now is it.
 

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

cyborg 002 said:
I'm from Denmark, so it's not for all Anime UK News readers now is it.
Please send Chaos a PM or email - he doesn't tend to check the forums but he should be able to answer this one way or the other if you can get a message to him.

R
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

cyborg 002 said:
So I was checking out the competition for Patema Inverted, since it's an anime I want for my collection.

http://www.animeuknews.net/competitions.php#patema

It says,
"The competition is open to all Anime UK News readers."

And I'm stoked!

Then at the bottom
"UK Residents only!"

I'm from Denmark, so it's not for all Anime UK News readers now is it.
I can only assume it's because they've partnered with someone to give away a product which is only licensed for sale in the UK.
 

cyborg 002

Student Council President
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Mangaranga said:
cyborg 002 said:
So I was checking out the competition for Patema Inverted, since it's an anime I want for my collection.

http://www.animeuknews.net/competitions.php#patema

It says,
"The competition is open to all Anime UK News readers."

And I'm stoked!

Then at the bottom
"UK Residents only!"

I'm from Denmark, so it's not for all Anime UK News readers now is it.
I can only assume it's because they've partnered with someone to give away a product which is only licensed for sale in the UK.
I think you are correct.

Still, it should be worded differently so foreign forum member like myself don't get there hopes up.

It could be worded like this "You have to be an anime Uk News reader and be a UK resident"

As long as the "all part will be excluded because it's misleading.
 

Emulsion

Stand User
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Quick question for Andrew, well unless someone else knows. What happened to the web previews for Kill la Kill?

The wrap around band with the info on said one of the extras were web previews, however they are not present on the discs.
 

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Emulsion said:
Quick question for Andrew, well unless someone else knows. What happened to the web previews for Kill la Kill?

The wrap around band with the info on said one of the extras were web previews, however they are not present on the discs.
We wondered too but it seems that they're just at the end of each episode at first, took a look online for the Japanese ones and they're identical to what goes after the credits as far as I could find.

We're receiving the subs for them separately for Disc 3 onwards so am setting it up for separate access but it always seems a bit weird given there's not that much value to them until near the end of the show...

AP
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

anime_andrew said:
Emulsion said:
Quick question for Andrew, well unless someone else knows. What happened to the web previews for Kill la Kill?

The wrap around band with the info on said one of the extras were web previews, however they are not present on the discs.
We wondered too but it seems that they're just at the end of each episode at first, took a look online for the Japanese ones and they're identical to what goes after the credits as far as I could find.

We're receiving the subs for them separately for Disc 3 onwards so am setting it up for separate access but it always seems a bit weird given there's not that much value to them until near the end of the show...

AP
I poked around the discs when I first got them back at expo, and the web previews are their own separate files on disc but play automatically at the end of the respective episode. There's no option to watch them on their own. I never noticed this previously since I just play the individual .ts files rather than having access to the BD Menu. If I remember correctly Aniplex have them listed in the extras - which they technically are since the broadcast didn't have any next episode previews.

I do have a question for you though Andrew. How come the next episode previews are hardsubbed for the first disc, yet softsubbed exactly the same as Aniplex's release for the second?

EDIT: Actually, on second look there doesn't seem to be any instances of hardsubbed text on disc 2 at all.
 

qaiz

Pokémon Master
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Lain came out on Blu-ray a while ago in the US, I own the Limited edition however it's only region A. I knew that was the case when I bought it, but I thought that a region B copy would have been released by now. They actually released a copy in Australia not too long ago, but I would love for a UK copy to be released. Who has the rights? Man, I'd also do anything for The Big O and Giant Robo and Planetes to be released on Blu-ray in the UK, but the chances seem slim. Such a shame :( Anime Limited seem to be my last hope, Gurren lagann and Bebop were two big ones for me, but the aforementioned 4 and Gunbuster would be the final ones that would allow me to die happily :p Well...I'd like Nadia too I guess...and Dennou Coil...damn this list will never end D:

Any info on any of these? Any hopes? I know there's issues with the music for Gunbuster, but everything else should be out! Seriously!
 

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

qaiz said:
Lain came out on Blu-ray a while ago in the US, I own the Limited edition however it's only region A. I knew that was the case when I bought it, but I thought that a region B copy would have been released by now. They actually released a copy in Australia not too long ago, but I would love for a UK copy to be released. Who has the rights? Man, I'd also do anything for The Big O and Giant Robo and Planetes to be released on Blu-ray in the UK, but the chances seem slim. Such a shame :( Anime Limited seem to be my last hope, Gurren lagann and Bebop were two big ones for me, but the aforementioned 4 and Gunbuster would be the final ones that would allow me to die happily :p Well...I'd like Nadia too I guess...and Dennou Coil...damn this list will never end D:

Any info on any of these? Any hopes? I know there's issues with the music for Gunbuster, but everything else should be out! Seriously!
MVM used to have the rights to Serial Experiments Lain but that was a long time ago. I think I did read somewhere that MVM might rescue SEL on Facebook.

If anything I would like Anime Limited to license all of the shows that were released but no longer available in the UK as they do a great job with their sets (despite some QC issues but unlike the other distributors they ACTUALLY try and fix them if possible).
 

qaiz

Pokémon Master
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

NormanicGrav said:
MVM used to have the rights to Serial Experiments Lain but that was a long time ago. I think I did read somewhere that MVM might rescue SEL on Facebook.

If anything I would like Anime Limited to license all of the shows that were released but no longer available in the UK as they do a great job with their sets (despite some QC issues but unlike the other distributors they ACTUALLY try and fix them if possible).
Thanks for the info! The thing about MVM is, they have some awesome properties! Seriously...FLCL, Kids on the slope, Trigun and my favorite of them all...Patlabor! The only issue is they never go for the premium side of things, and although I feel bad saying this (because they try) but the artwork and such leave a lot to be desired. Of course that's got a lot to do with what they're given to work with as well etc and the show is paramount, but packaging and presentation does make a difference to me. It's the reason I've bought a lot of Anime Limited stuff which includes stuff that I've never even heard of prior to buying them (Patema, Mai Mai) and in the same instance I've skipped things like Champloo. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but yes I agree. Anime Limited getting ahold of these properties would be music to my ears. Everyone has issues, Anime Limited at least seem to hold presentation in high regard! Still, all the major guys and girls in the UK release some great stuff and I tend to dip my toes into each line-up. Just wish more of the 'greats' made their way to the UK on Blu-ray. I hope MVM bring out the whole Patlabor on TV out in any case :)

Also may I just say how rubbish it is that manga only released part one of Casshern Sins on Blu-ray, sales couldn't have been that bad :(
 

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Mangaranga said:
anime_andrew said:
Emulsion said:
Quick question for Andrew, well unless someone else knows. What happened to the web previews for Kill la Kill?

The wrap around band with the info on said one of the extras were web previews, however they are not present on the discs.
We wondered too but it seems that they're just at the end of each episode at first, took a look online for the Japanese ones and they're identical to what goes after the credits as far as I could find.

We're receiving the subs for them separately for Disc 3 onwards so am setting it up for separate access but it always seems a bit weird given there's not that much value to them until near the end of the show...

AP
I poked around the discs when I first got them back at expo, and the web previews are their own separate files on disc but play automatically at the end of the respective episode. There's no option to watch them on their own. I never noticed this previously since I just play the individual .ts files rather than having access to the BD Menu. If I remember correctly Aniplex have them listed in the extras - which they technically are since the broadcast didn't have any next episode previews.

I do have a question for you though Andrew. How come the next episode previews are hardsubbed for the first disc, yet softsubbed exactly the same as Aniplex's release for the second?

EDIT: Actually, on second look there doesn't seem to be any instances of hardsubbed text on disc 2 at all.
Good point there re web previews - they're indeed linked up like that for now and we can set it up separately but it feels flimsy as an extra on it's own. What do folks prefer going forwards?

For the second point - I'll email if you're curious!

Best,

AP
 

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

qaiz said:
Lain came out on Blu-ray a while ago in the US, I own the Limited edition however it's only region A. I knew that was the case when I bought it, but I thought that a region B copy would have been released by now. They actually released a copy in Australia not too long ago, but I would love for a UK copy to be released. Who has the rights? Man, I'd also do anything for The Big O and Giant Robo and Planetes to be released on Blu-ray in the UK, but the chances seem slim. Such a shame :( Anime Limited seem to be my last hope, Gurren lagann and Bebop were two big ones for me, but the aforementioned 4 and Gunbuster would be the final ones that would allow me to die happily :p Well...I'd like Nadia too I guess...and Dennou Coil...damn this list will never end D:

Any info on any of these? Any hopes? I know there's issues with the music for Gunbuster, but everything else should be out! Seriously!
At least one title in the list above is on my list for rescue & Blu-Ray.

AP
 

Lutga

Mad Scientist
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

anime_andrew said:
qaiz said:
Lain came out on Blu-ray a while ago in the US, I own the Limited edition however it's only region A. I knew that was the case when I bought it, but I thought that a region B copy would have been released by now. They actually released a copy in Australia not too long ago, but I would love for a UK copy to be released. Who has the rights? Man, I'd also do anything for The Big O and Giant Robo and Planetes to be released on Blu-ray in the UK, but the chances seem slim. Such a shame :( Anime Limited seem to be my last hope, Gurren lagann and Bebop were two big ones for me, but the aforementioned 4 and Gunbuster would be the final ones that would allow me to die happily :p Well...I'd like Nadia too I guess...and Dennou Coil...damn this list will never end D:

Any info on any of these? Any hopes? I know there's issues with the music for Gunbuster, but everything else should be out! Seriously!
At least one title in the list above is on my list for rescue & Blu-Ray.

AP
I'd snap up a Blu-Ray rescue of Lain straight away - I see so much written about it online, it seems a shame to not have it in print in the UK.
 

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

anime_andrew said:
qaiz said:
Lain came out on Blu-ray a while ago in the US, I own the Limited edition however it's only region A. I knew that was the case when I bought it, but I thought that a region B copy would have been released by now. They actually released a copy in Australia not too long ago, but I would love for a UK copy to be released. Who has the rights? Man, I'd also do anything for The Big O and Giant Robo and Planetes to be released on Blu-ray in the UK, but the chances seem slim. Such a shame :( Anime Limited seem to be my last hope, Gurren lagann and Bebop were two big ones for me, but the aforementioned 4 and Gunbuster would be the final ones that would allow me to die happily :p Well...I'd like Nadia too I guess...and Dennou Coil...damn this list will never end D:

Any info on any of these? Any hopes? I know there's issues with the music for Gunbuster, but everything else should be out! Seriously!
At least one title in the list above is on my list for rescue & Blu-Ray.

AP
While I'm sure it's one of the others, I just can't help hope it's Lain :/
 

qaiz

Pokémon Master
Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

anime_andrew said:
At least one title in the list above is on my list for rescue & Blu-Ray.

AP
Music to my ears, seriously keep up the great work! Any one of them on Blu-ray would be phenomenal. Really look forward to hearing more about your line-up. To be a fly on the wall at All the Anime HQ :p Slowly but surly we'll tick off all of them on that list eh? That would be the day :0
 
Top