The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Don't know where to post this, but I'd like to show of my custom covers for some anime, that I'm currently doing. Question is, where do I post them? - here or do I create a thread for it?

Mostly because I'd like feedback on what I can do better.

NormanicGrav

March comes in like a Grav
AUKN Staff
Don't know where to post this, but I'd like to show of my custom covers for some anime, that I'm currently doing. Question is, where do I post them? - here or do I create a thread for it?

Mostly because I'd like feedback on what I can do better.
The Creative Arena is probably the best slot for any custom-made or fan-made content from my perspective.

Azar

Magical Girl
Does anyone else dislike the Amazon video subs on TV's? Literally unreadable at times, and I refuse to use the ugly black box ones.

I dont get why its so hard for these huge companies to put thicker outlines on the subtitles or at least give us the option. 😣

Azar

Magical Girl
Im sure they're fine for most shows, but trying to watch something bright like Boarding School Juliet is impossible.

Tried the black box ones a little and they're not as bad as i first thought, readable at least.

Tried the black box ones a little and they're not as bad as i first thought, readable at least.
I've got it set to white with the black box, but with a bit of transparency. The thing that really doesn't work is when there's text on screen and someone speaking at the same time, because the translation appears in the same place and thus you get a millisecond to read it before the translation has to move on. Netflix does the same.
HiDive is OK as they place translation next to text, but they just use the same colour and orientation as the normal subs which can look weird. Crunchyroll as usual comes out on top with no only using the same colour as the Japanese text (if coloured), but the same orientation a lot of the time.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
I have no problem with the look of the subtitles but does anyone else use the Prime Video PS4 app and have issues with the pop-up at the end which tries to entice you to watch the first episode of something else? It disables the subtitles while it's on screen which means any after-credit scenes are ruined and I cannot for the life of me work out how to get rid of it. Live translating the post credit content in Wotakoi for my partner was great and all but since the subtitles exist it would be nice if they worked properly...

R

I have no problem with the look of the subtitles but does anyone else use the Prime Video PS4 app and have issues with the pop-up at the end which tries to entice you to watch the first episode of something else?
While I don't use the PS4 app, the Prime Video app on my LG tv also shows a panel ("play next episode") at the start of the credits. Likewise it won't display any subtitles when that panel is visible, making any post credit scene (or next times/previews for that matter) quite hard to follow.

For the longest time I though there was nothing I could do, but at one point I figured out all I had to press was the "Back" button on my remote. Under any other circumstance it would instantly quite the playing video, but if the panel is visible it would simply dismiss it, making subtitles visible again. So maybe something similar will work here?

I have no problem with the look of the subtitles but does anyone else use the Prime Video PS4 app and have issues with the pop-up at the end which tries to entice you to watch the first episode of something else? It disables the subtitles while it's on screen which means any after-credit scenes are ruined and I cannot for the life of me work out how to get rid of it. Live translating the post credit content in Wotakoi for my partner was great and all but since the subtitles exist it would be nice if they worked properly...

R
Press O to get rid. Press △ to get rid of the timeline that pops up.
Sometimes it comes back and you have to do it again, but when it switches to the Amazon Prime screen right at the end and the box isn't there pressing O no longer takes you back to the episode selection screen, so you have to quit the app entirely!

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
I can't tell whether or not Amazon is gaslighting me (!) but I watched the latest Dororo today and it was fine, showing subtitles all through the ED for the first time. Perhaps the update a month ago fixed it. Oops!

R