The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Yeah, its right to left. Pretty much all Manga released in the west for the past decade has left the artwork alone and designed to read right to left.

Thanks for the info. I rarely buy manga. But I have been thinking about trying out the Alita manga, also because the format with his new release is larger compared to other manga books.

Damn....it it a bad anime? Just purchased S1 blu ray from music magpie for £10

It's a cult classic. It's just at the time it didn't do too well. Shortly after Genon died off the DVDs were worth quite a bit as people who wanted the series could no longer easily get it. The story was similar for FUNi's DVD release as it wasn't a long run.

The series was pretty expensive to buy until sentai came in with their release.

Seeing people posting regular non-anime movies in the bought-photos thread... Anybody care for some recommendations?

My watched film list appears to be very lacking:
Luna's movie list (I haven't even hit 200...)
Sorted by years and scored by enjoyment. List does not include random movies I watched as a child on TV, whose names I don't know. But they probably won't go over a dozen either.

The thing with all these movies seems to be, that with even films that are good and I realize that they are well written/directed and/or otherwise technically well put together I still end up with this "This was good. It's well made. But I don't seem to have enjoyed/liked it all that much." feeling.
I haven't even got a clue what it seems to be that the few movies I did end up liking in movies have in common. They are all over the place. The last thing that kind of enthralled me was Star Trek, but it doesn't seem like I am even remotely interested in Star Wars.

That's the genre ranking for my anime taste: Luna's GRAPH.ANIME.PLUS
In case anybody might get some ideas out of that.

Last edited:
Well you seem movies a lot lower than i do :p

Either way i keep track of what i watch mainly on well whatiwatch.net which is mostly a Dutch based setup. But i also keep track of movies i watch on Letterboxd (and my profile) but i see i haven't updated it there since July, need to rectify this.

Going through your list fast back to 2015, i see you watched Oldboy, maybe the two other titles in the Vengeance Trilogy might also interest you, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance if you haven't seen these?
Have a soft spot myself for South Korean cinema and for instance War of the Arrows and especially The Chaser are some of my favourite movies.

Back