The Nintendo Switch Thread

They're not launching with 2, but that's all that's launching from Nintendo, and Zelda is definitely the only BIG game.

As always, I'm an optimistic kind of guy, so I'll cross my fingers for some decent third party games on launch. Apparently they showed some Disgaea or something? I'm not too sure if that'll be for launch, but I liked what I played of 4, and it's a long ass game, so even if there was just that and Zelda at launch, I wouldn't be too mad. I'd only be able to afford 2 or 3 games anyway.

As always, I'm an optimistic kind of guy, so I'll cross my fingers for some decent third party games on launch. Apparently they showed some Disgaea or something? I'm not too sure if that'll be for launch, but I liked what I played of 4, and it's a long ass game, so even if there was just that and Zelda at launch, I wouldn't be too mad. I'd only be able to afford 2 or 3 games anyway.

The launch games have been announced, behind spoiler so you can come back later :p

March 2017
Zelda: BotW (+Special/Master editions) $59.99/$99.99/$129.99
1, 2, Switch $49.99

I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! $19.99
Super Bomberman R

I hope some more are added over the next 7 weeks.....

The launch games have been announced, behind spoiler so you can come back later :p

March 2017
1, 2, Switch $49.99

I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Super Bomberman R

I can't imagine anything substantial being released for that time. :( They were pushing the SNES/NES eshop stuff, so I wonder if any of that is for launch.

March 2017
1, 2, Switch $49.99

I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Super Bomberman R

Of those, I'd probably get Setsuna and Zelda. Hopefully more get announced. Also, maybe if they're not launch, if there's decent games around the launch window (say, April and June) then I wouldn't complain.

to be fair, here is everything else, I know you're trying to be optimistic IL, but this is just awful imo. Setsuna has been available for everything else for months now and will likely be MUCH cheaper elsewhere.

April 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $59.99

Spring 2017
Arms $59.99
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Mania

Summer 2017
Splatoon 2

Fall 2017
Skyrim
NBA 2k18 (September)

Holiday 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

Project Sonic 2017

TBD
Arcade Archives
FIFA
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
Farming Simulator
Fast RMX (that F-zero lookalike from the sizzle)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
Minecraft
Puyopuyo Tetris
Rayman Legends Definitive edition
Rime
Shin Megami Tensei
Skylanders Imaginators
Siberia 3
Steep

Lemon's optimism right now kinda reminds me how I was about the Wii when it first was announced with Twilight Princess out on release with motion controls. All my friends were saying how crap it would be and gimmicky.... the Wii sure showed them! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's to do with youth, I was a mear 20-year-old when the Wii came out and I believed it would be great... now I'm old, cynical and cankerous.

C2B4H3sVQAQbQXj.jpg

Well I'm glad I didn't stay up for that, that was truly awful :/ now don't get me wrong I went into this with very low expectations but even I came out disappointed. The controller looks awful, it looks like it would be so uncomfortable for anyone with normal sized/large hands (granted, it may be great but it certainly looks tiny), underpowered again, the price is more than I was expecting too, I worry this is gonna go the way of the Wii U....

With that said, dat Zelda trailer o_O sad to say that game has probably sold me the system alone, also a Fire Emblem Warriors game? Yes please (not something that I would buy a system for as Warriors games are a dime a dozen at this point, but I'll certainly take it).

So yeah, can't say I was impressed, in fact I'm quite the opposite but I'll no doubt end up buying one that can sit next to my Wii U/Xbox One and gather dust....

Last edited:
Can't wait for reports about how the joycon is as a controller (with grip) when docked. Hope it's positive if not.....If you want to play Zelda on your TV with a good controller, you either accept a wired third party controller for £28 or buy the Pro controller for £65. That's a huge premium imo to just play Zelda ona decent, standard controller.

Okay so I've been a fan of Nintendo in the past but the outcome of the Nintendo Wii disappointed me, and as such I moved to other consoles and ignored the Nintendo Wii U. The games that Wii U had didn't interest me as much but I understand why folks would enjoy the device. With the Switch however I decided to wake up at 3:50am just to watch the conference. For starters I've said before that the console name is cool and the device itself looks great design wise, but what was important to me were two things - Region Free, and a Quality Backlog.

Nintendo have successfully pleased me with the Region Free note, that's good because I can then make use of any Japanese only titles that get released and US only titles that happen every now and then. As for the Quality Backlog, there are certainly a number of interesting games on the horizon - No More Heroes 3 (not the official name of course), Shin Megami Tensei for Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not 3 oddly enough, was X that bad?), and the two big Nintendo games Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are also interesting enough for me to take some interest. I do wish they have a fair bit more games to show off, like the rumoured timed exclusive for Beyond Good & Evil 2 or whatever Tales of game they have in store.

Overall it's a pretty solid conference, pricing wise it was to be expected but down the line I reckon Nintendo will sort something out with perhaps a sale or a better model. The battery life is troublesome but I'm sure most folks won't mind because I always assumed that folks would get a Nintendo game if they only had an hour or two's worth of free time each day.

There are some issues I have however - the lack of conversation over Virtual Console. One of the Wii's best services was the availability of retro Nintendo and non-Nintendo games digitally, so I hope Nintendo cover more on this later down the line especially as Nintendo Gamecube games are apparently included in the mix. If Nintendo offers Wii U games digitally for Switch that would be nice as well. As for the paid online hate, I dunno I don't see why people would argue, it's the norm for game developers now.

Back