I bought the Switch version of Pac-Man Museum+, and if there's any game that highlights the deficiencies of the d-pad on the "pro" controller, it's Pac-Man. For those that aren't aware, that d-pad is designed so that all four directions can be pushed at the same time (which is as dumb as it sounds), which makes incorrect direction inputs a constant problem. That thing has been annoying me for as long as I've had it, so I opened it up and performed the infamous sellotape mod.
I'm a little disappointed with the results. I might be getting marginally fewer false inputs, but it certainly hasn't fixed the problem. It's possible that I was just overly cautious and didn't cover enough of the PCB contacts with tape. I could open it up again and have another go, but the procedure took about 40 minutes so I'm going to leave it for now.
On the bright side, the pro controller is surprisingly straightforward to disassemble. There are a lot of screws, but they're all standard Phillips heads rather than Nintendo's proprietary game-bits, and the shell isn't clipped shut anywhere so I didn't have to damage the edges prising it open.