The Nintendo Switch Thread

Slide on and off controllers looks to be asking for trouble to me.

I kinda wonder just how damage resistant they are. I give it maybe 30 minutes after launch, until somebody's already broken theirs.
I've held Joy-Con controllers in the palm of my hand and repeatedly slammed my hands shut, with enough force to hurt me, while leaving the Joy-Cons as new (Samurai Training in 1-2 Switch is fun). They're really durable and in fact, after seeing and holding the Switch myself, I've never been more impressed with a piece of Nintendo hardware; it feels really robust and more like a piece of technology than the toy-feel of say, the 3DS or Gamecube.

I'm not sure the system as a whole would survive the "Accidental Kick Down The Stairs" test my clamshell New Nintendo 3DS has, but the Joy-Cons might (although I'd prefer not to test :p).

Three weeks

cartman-frozen.jpg

Puyo Pop Tetris is being released April 28th, that's a must buy for me.

If anyone hasn't heard of Snake Pass from Sumo Digital, check it out. 3D platformer where you play a realistically controlling Snake. Looks great on switch as per a steam i watched yesterday.

I see Zelda: Breath of the Wild has had a season pass announcement. I rarely buy DLC but i'll be all over this

$20

People playing the demo/previews have said there is already a Hard mode in the normal game, so interested to see what "new hard mode" is. Some think it might be a Master Quest style dungeon/location rearrangement.

wy7XCoA.png

I got mine sorted as well. I like that we can change our ID's, but I honestly don't know why you'd want to really because once you let go of a name there is nothing to say you could get it back.

How long has this been a thing? I've just logged in and that field was already filled in so I dunno if I set it when I set up my New 3DS last month or if I'm being stupid and looking at the wrong thing... Can't have Buzzkillington anyway so not that it matters.

How long has this been a thing? I've just logged in and that field was already filled in so I dunno if I set it when I set up my New 3DS last month or if I'm being stupid and looking at the wrong thing... Can't have Buzzkillington anyway so not that it matters.

Apparently it's been a thing since January, but no-one really mentioned it....... Classic Nintendo!

Apparently it's been a thing since January, but no-one really mentioned it....... Classic Nintendo!
Ahryt cool, thanks. I'll have a think about something I can change it to since I can't have my normal name (I say that, I don't have it on ps4 or xbox either....), hopefully whatever I think of isn't taken.

Anyway as for the Switch itself I still haven't caved and bought one, I'm sure as Zelda gets closer it's gonna be harder to resist and when it's actually out I'll finally crack.

So here we are, the final count down, 4 days 16 hours left until UK peeps will be able to get their hands on the Switch! I'll unfortunately be waiting some time longer than that as I wait for either DPD (GAME) or Amazon Logistics (BOO HISS!!) to deliver. The GAME bundle was a misprice for £319.98 for the Switch and Zelda so hoping I get confirmation soon it will be shipped for launch day. If not and I could be waiting in all day for Amazon Logistics.....

Sort of wish I pre-ordered in a store as I had done for the Wii and Wii U, I would never have done a midnight launch, but rocking up to the shop at 9am in the morning and heading home with my haul was always enjoyable.

Just incase anyone missed Nintendos Indie presentation (which was effin awesome!) So mang good indie games coming to this thing! Plenty of exclusives too!

28jguc4.png

So here we are, the final count down, 4 days 16 hours left until UK peeps will be able to get their hands on the Switch! I'll unfortunately be waiting some time longer than that as I wait for either DPD (GAME) or Amazon Logistics (BOO HISS!!) to deliver. The GAME bundle was a misprice for £319.98 for the Switch and Zelda so hoping I get confirmation soon it will be shipped for launch day. If not and I could be waiting in all day for Amazon Logistics.....

Sort of wish I pre-ordered in a store as I had done for the Wii and Wii U, I would never have done a midnight launch, but rocking up to the shop at 9am in the morning and heading home with my haul was always enjoyable.
Hope this doesn't happen to you GAME has suddenly begun cancelling Nintendo Switch pre-orders

Wow, that's BS considering they were still taking pre-orders for them just last night claiming the had some left :/ I really hate GAME.

I was still in two minds about a Switch but after seeing the state of Zelda on the Wii U I'll be getting a Switch in the near future, most likely still in March just not at launch (not that I'd be able to find one right enough, shoulda stuck in an Amazon order last night while they had em....). Another £300 for one game....why do I do this to myself? lol.

Back