The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

"Wizard's Night" Movie Teaser PV - TYPE-MOON (Mahōtsukai no Yoru / Witch on the Holy Night)

Holy... 👀 B★RS is back from the dead?! + I'm digging the focus on the apocalyptic world similar to the PSP game. New character designs looking pretty good so far 🔥
TV Anime "Black Rock Shooter DAWN FALL" Teaser PV
20211226_235502.jpg

Attachments

• 20211226_235505.jpg
    20211226_235505.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211226_235508.jpg
    20211226_235508.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

I just knew the Moriarty the Patriot OVA would do an ACCA, where the series had English subtitles but the OVA doesn't. I'll still be getting it anyway as I want it for the collection.

Well dang it - I didn't bother getting the OVA for ACCA, so I'll just be skipping this one too.

So anime with multiple seasons will never have matching physical releases by the same distributor ever again, and random dub casts between seasons will become commonplace. This industry is really going downhill fast.

Log Horizon jumped from Sentai to Funi, Shirobako from Sentai to Discotek for the movie both jump to mind.
Shirobako the Movie was Eleven Arts & Shout! Factory just to correct on that part.

Another fun example is Saiyuki:
  • Saiyuki - Sentai Filmworks
  • Saiyuki Requiem: A Requiem for The One Not Chosen - ADV
  • Saiyuki ReLoad - Discotek Media
  • Saiyuki ReLoad GunLock - Discotek Media
  • Saiyuki Gaiden - Sentai Filmworks
  • Saiyuki Reload Blast - Crunchyroll & Funimation
  • Saiyuki Reload: ZEROIN - Sentai Filmworks

Shirobako the Movie was Eleven Arts & Shout! Factory just to correct on that part.

Another fun example is Saiyuki:
  • Saiyuki - Sentai Filmworks
  • Saiyuki Requiem: A Requiem for The One Not Chosen - ADV
  • Saiyuki ReLoad - Discotek Media
  • Saiyuki ReLoad GunLock - Discotek Media
  • Saiyuki Gaiden - Sentai Filmworks
  • Saiyuki Reload Blast - Crunchyroll & Funimation
  • Saiyuki Reload: ZEROIN - Sentai Filmworks

Thanks for the reminder. I had a brain fart! I was just price checking the Shirobako movie this morning.

Another one that did the houses back in the day was the Ah My Goddess franchise, OVA was Animeigo, movie and mini-Goddess was Geneon, TV Season 1 was Media Blasters then picked up by Funimation, while Season 2 was ADV to Funimation

Just to make this series more convoluted. Sentai have season 3 and the movie for Teasing Master Takagi-san

This is far from ideal. For many this will be just another streaming service but for others like me, this is pointless and almost certainly a worse experience. Needlessly changing English casts (there's certainly no creative argument for this, it's just 100% business) and it's particularly frustrating as, unlike Funimation who allowed a complicated production (two different studios working in tandem) with Log Horizon to keep near complete cast consistency (even bringing back Krystal LaPorte after being recast in season 2 for..... extremely questionable reasons on Sentai's part, to put it mildly), Sentai will make no attempt to bring back the English cast outside of a strong possibility of Takagi and maybe Nishikata (and would be the Funi cast in this case). It's true that season 2 was total recast but recently, a lot of stuff that has come through on Netflix has made a solid attempt to bring back the old cast (largely the non VSI produced stuff but even Shaman King brought some of the old cast back) so this is just annoying in general.

Saiyuki at least has two leads who have appeared on their productions in the past but is, again, in a similar situation. There's nothing I can do about this sort of thing so eh, at least it's sorta funny, if nothing else

Last edited:
Back