The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Pretty funny seeing people who think the series itself will look anything like this. The compositing for this OP was very likely done by Kentaro Waki, known for his work on Sword Art Online: Alicization, God Eater and Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway. Shame they couldn't have him for the series itself but it's always great to see his work.

Seeing both Bleach and Dragon Ball go CG for their next parts makes me uneasy, but I certainly like Bleach's approach me despite being Pierrot and a TV budget compared to a movie. Plus they used the classic Bleach insert track (though I believe a remix) and it certainly gave me the nostalgia goosebumps.

Seeing both Bleach and Dragon Ball go CG for their next parts makes me uneasy, but I certainly like Bleach's approach me despite being Pierrot and a TV budget compared to a movie. Plus they used the classic Bleach insert track (though I believe a remix) and it certainly gave me the nostalgia goosebumps.
I thought Bleach looked (computer assisted) 2D? Certainly not a CG animation like, sadly, DBS Super Hero.

I thought Bleach looked (computer assisted) 2D? Certainly not a CG animation like, sadly, DBS Super Hero.
From what I've heard that Bleach trailer was pre-animated separately from the main production so it doesn't necessarily represent the quality of the series. Happens quite a lot these days with series like Dororo, Boogiepop and Others, MAPPA's Attack on Titan and Chainsaw Man all receiving pre-animated trailers.

From what I've heard that Bleach trailer was pre-animated separately from the main production so it doesn't necessarily represent the quality of the series. Happens quite a lot these days with series like Dororo, Boogiepop and Others, MAPPA's Attack on Titan and Chainsaw Man all receiving pre-animated trailers.
Oh there's no doubt it was pre-animated, some of the footage is from towards the end of the arc and there's no way they've got anywhere near that. Doesn't change the fact that it's not CG animation ala the Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero though!

New trailer for Space Battleship Yamato 2205 part 2

looks amazing. If only the Japanese blu ray release had come with English subtitles cries

Yeah, it still irritates me to no end that they only subtitled 2199. I still purchased all of the JP 2202 releases, and I just received Volume 1 of 2205, if only for the awesome artwork they've been putting on the slipcovers...

Back