The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

So this means we'll finally be able to see all those newer Macross shows that people hate? 😅

Seriously though, I'd love a Blu-ray of DYRL. I'm still clinging to my Kiseki VHS and a suspect DVD of it for now.
I'm from the opposite camp where I love the newer shows more lol. I even have the Japanese Blu-rays for Delta which I'll no doubt be double dipping should it get a UK release.

Saw this and just thought 'oh ****, here we go again' another US live action announcement that'll probably amount to nothing.
For those not keeping up here's what's been announced so far for live action treatment:

Netflix -
Sword Art Online
One Piece
Cowboy Bebop (actually finished!!!)
Mobile Suit Gundam

Amazon -
Hellsing

Lions gate -
Naruto

Skydance Television -
Steins;Gate

Sony -
One Punch Man

What I'm trying to say is I'll believe it when I see it 😂

Manga Entertainment has confirmed that it is now merging with (i.e. being taken over and changing its name to) Funimation.

This makes me very sad 😢 Manga Entertainment's iconic logo will be gone aside from DBZ releases and Funimation is horribly run. Sony has market dominance for Anime streaming and dubbing in the region now as they also have Crunchyroll. Couple that with Sony having it's headquarters in California this is very troubling for Anime fans in the West.

Words still cannot express the anticipation I have when we see poster boy Leon S. Kennedy in another CGI RE media. The movies are a nice addition to expand on the RE universe between the numbered games. Now we get a series (≧▽≦)

PV for upcoming Jujutsu Kaisen OST.
Track feature: Coldrain - REMEMBER
Avoid if you haven't reached Ep. 24!!!

Last edited:
It's official, the Quintessential Quintuplets will be ending the series with a film, coming out in 2022.

While absolutely doable in a film, this will inevitably mean reworking the material (or going fully original for a new variant of the ending) so for those want to finish the series with the manga, VOL 11. is the pickup after season 2 (though Vol 10 might make sense as there were minor changes in the anime). There are 14 Volumes in total and are all available digitally and are soon to be completed in print.

Quintessential Quintuplets will be ending the series with a film
Well that made my mind up. You never know what form we'll get the film in: cinema (like Demon Slayer, but probably not in this case), streaming (like given on Crunchyroll, a possibility), physical (but probably not for a long time after its release in Japan) or not at all (like Sound! Euphonium, I don't think we've had any of them).

finish the series with the manga
I've got all 14, so will start from the beginning, but will leave it a little longer so season 2 fades a bit.

It's official, the Quintessential Quintuplets will be ending the series with a film, coming out in 2022.

While absolutely doable in a film, this will inevitably mean reworking the material (or going fully original for a new variant of the ending) so for those want to finish the series with the manga, VOL 11. is the pickup after season 2 (though Vol 10 might make sense as there were minor changes in the anime). There are 14 Volumes in total and are all available digitally and are soon to be completed in print.
It's a shame it'll wrap up as a film, but it wouldn't surprise me if they plan to secretly provide alternate endings to appeal to everyone.

Speaking of the manga, Kodansha Comics is planning box sets for the manga so I'll get the books through that method.

Back